Ami
Ami asked Gayle Forman:

The internet almost exploded when the movie trailer for If I Stay was released. What does it feel like to know there's a movie coming out for one of your books? Are you excited?

Gayle Forman The movie has been in the works for such a long time that in some ways it feels surreal still that it's now actually happening. And then something like the trailer happens and it's a very real reminder. It was CRAZY EXCITING when that trailer came out. I was on vacation and didn't have great internet but we watched it debut and then we watched the response and it was just unbelievable.

My oldest daughter is totally unimpressed with this whole process (she is already jaded at 9). But even she got into the trailer. She has the thing memorized and will recite it on demand.