Elizabeth
Elizabeth asked Richelle Mead:

What is your writing advice to someone who keeps getting rejected by literary agents?

Richelle Mead Keep trying! I got many rejections from literary agents before I signed with one. Also keep writing. While I was trying to get an agent for the first book I finished, I was writing a second and different book. My first one didn't catch on with anyone, but my second book (Succubus Blues) did. That's what got me an agent and began my publishing career. Years later, when I was more established and also more experienced at writing, I was able to get that first book into shape and get it published. It became Gameboard of the Gods. It's definitely a tough process, but don't give up! I really recommend working with literary agents and can't imagine my career without one. Because they do reject so many authors, you know that when you do get one, it's because they really, really love your work--and that's exactly the kind of person you want to work with. Good luck!