ed
ed asked Richelle Mead:

So I really love the Age of X world. I found it so interesting and complex and different. How challenging was it creating the Age of X world?

Richelle Mead Glad you liked it! I'm excited for people to read The Immortal Crown this week. Writing that series has been very difficult! It literally takes me twice as long to write the same amount of words in this world compared to some of my others. I also had to write up pages and pages of documents to keep track of the infrastructure, history, and mythological systems. Adding on to the difficulty is that it's written in third person, and all the other books I write are in first person. Despite all the extra work, it's been worth it to challenge myself and step outside my comfort zone!