Matthew
Matthew asked Douglas Preston:

Mr. Preston, This is an honor to ask you a few short questions. Is there a time of day that you prefer to write? Do you like to write in one special room or area? What is your favorite cocktail when writing? Do you prefer a tangible book or reading off a tablet? Finally, do you read one book at a time or multiple books at a time? Thank you so much for your time and attention, Matt P.S. I loved White Fire!

Douglas Preston I like to write during the day, usually in the late morning and early afternoon. I am not someone who can write at night. I need to have my own writing space not in my house. It has to be removed. In Santa Fe I have a small office downtown that I can walk to, and in Maine I have a writing shack in the woods. I prefer a tangible book and I tend to read multiple books at a time.
Good questions, Matt.