Gregg  Taylor
Gregg Taylor asked:

Do I REALLY need to read the Alex Cross series before reading Ali Cross?

To answer questions about Ali Cross, please sign up.
Henry no i did not. i know nothing about alex cross other than how James patterson described him
Trudie Balthazaar I would say no, it is better that you aren’t invested in the Alex Cross series as this is a really disappointing chapter to the series. I now understand from reading these reviews that it is intended for a teen audience. If that’s the case I wish that was clearer as I jumped at it thinking it was a follow up to the Alex Cross series and I have found no enjoyment in the book. I certainly can’t recommend it to my friends.
Terry Welsh In my opinion, no you don't HAVE to. This is the first of probably a new middle grade series so there is sufficient character building in this book on its own.
Image for Ali Cross
by James Patterson (Goodreads Author)