Molly Gribben
Molly Gribben asked Miranda Kenneally:

What advice would you give to someone who wants to be an author someday?

Miranda Kenneally Dear Molly - If you want to be an author, my biggest piece of advice is to read, read, read. Figure out what genre(s) you like to read and learn how plotting and character development works in that genre. When I was learning how to write, I spent a ton of time reading contemporary young adult novels to see how my favorite authors write, but also to determine what I didn't like. Don't be afraid to write crappy first drafts. Don't beat yourself up if your writing doesn't come out perfect the first time. Writing takes a lot of revising and patience. Before submitting a book to an agent or publisher, make sure you've written the best product book because they are looking for something they can sell/publish.

My favorite writing instruction books are Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird and 20 Master Plots. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the question!