Sherry
Sherry asked:

I want to read this, too. Can't believe I still haven't. Dad said that he has.

Stephanie Not every book is a big pile of happy. This book is noteworthy on a number of levels, not the least of which was that it was the first to tell the story of the West from the point of view of Native People and receive widespread attention for it. It became associated with AIM (The American Indian Movement) and the retaking of Wounded Knee in protest in the late 1960's / early 1970's.

All my textbooks growing up were whitewashed (forgive the pun). This book blew me away. I was proud to be able to give a copy to an Apache friend of mine before he passed away. It meant a lot to him, he said it was the first time he saw the truth written down in a book.

In any situation, looking at a situation from a new point of view broadens the mind and deepens the understanding. This is one of the great books of history of all time.
Augusto Delgado Will try again. It was too tragic for me the first time, after a couple of chapters had to put it down heartbroken in pain and angered. Anyone feel the same?
Mina MacGabhann This is one of my dad's recommendations to me. Dad isn't a big reader, but he highly recommends this book. Its next on my list.
In fact, I might buy him a new copy for his birthday...he misplaced his copy years ago. (Probably loaned it out and never got it back.)
Debbie I agree with Denise but it is well worth reading
Denise It's a big, sad book.
Image for Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee