Angie
Angie asked Michael Pollan:

Would you eat meat and diary given all the negativity and backlash? What' your opinion on this?

Michael Pollan I eat meat and dairy, but very selectively and as a result not that often. In my reporting I've seen scores of beautiful, sustainable farms that raise animals in the right way-- right for their welfare and happiness, and right for the environment, which turns out to be right for our health. These farms incorporate animals into a system with plants, so that the plants feed the animals and the animals feed the plants-- and us. It's hard to envision a deeply sustainable agriculture without animals to recycle nutrients and produce food from lands not good enough for crops (like many of the world's grasslands). So I think there is a place for animal foods in our diet, and I want to support the farmers doing it well. My motto "pay more, eat less" applies well to animal foods.
Michael Pollan