TheWriter
TheWriter asked Laurell K. Hamilton:

I run a blog with some ladies and we named our blog after your book! It's Word Wenches Guilty Pleasure! I find your writing fascinating, I read the entire Anita Blake series in 1 1/2 weeks. My question is have you always known you would be a writer? Or did it happen later in life? Thank you so much for your remarkable stories. I absolutely love your work and can't wait to meet you someday!

Laurell K. Hamilton Honored to be a part of your naming system. *laughs* I started trying to write at about age twelve, and finished my first short story at fourteen. I know this because for years all my protagonists were exactly my age. I grew out of it, but even Anita started out as the age I was when I wrote her first short story, "Those Who Seek Forgiveness". But by fourteen I was determined to be a writer, by seventeen I was collecting my first rejection slips. I toyed with being a wildlife biologist, but in the end writing won. Though I think my biology degree helps make my vampires and shapeshifters more realistic.