21 Ways You Know You're a Goodreads Member
Your family and friends have noticed. Once upon a time, your love of books may have been confined to the page, but these days, you just can't keep it in—and why should you? It’s way more fun to geek out about books on Goodreads.
Last week we asked you to complete this sentence: You know you're a Goodreads member when... Today we've got your top answers! Anything sound familiar, bookworms?
1. You press "g" in your web browser, and instead of Google, the first option in autofill is always Goodreads. (Raphaela Pappa)
2. Your husband looks at you funny when you give him 4 out of 5 stars after he's done mowing the lawn. (Elizabeth)
3. You get a rush when your next to-read book is in your hands. (Shannon Ireland)
4. You walk through the library with your phone out, comparing the physical shelves to your "to-read" shelf. (Valerie Martillini)
5. You ask people if they are on Goodreads before asking if they are on Facebook or Twitter. (Amy Vandefifer)
6. For every one book you read, five more are added to your stack. (Rhonda Ruff)
7. You spend more time updating your reading status and reading other updates and reviews than actually reading. (Cora Linn)
8. When you don't need a bookmark—you just check your Goodreads progress. (Rebecca Randolph)
9. You spend a whole evening scanning your bookshelf contents with your phone so your real books match your 'read' list. (Gael Hewitt)
10. The minute you turn the final page, you immediately open Goodreads to log it as read and give it some stars. So satisfying! (Janna Katz).
11. You recommend all your books to your friends and then smile when you see the same book pop up on THEIR to-read lists! (Allison Moody Woods)
12. Your reading challenge starts to resemble Hal 9000 because you are so far behind on it. (Eoin Brady)
13. Your friends check your Goodreads profile for gift-giving purposes. (Angie Lisle)
14. You hear a good quote and immediately hope it's on Goodreads so you can add it to your collection. (Vanade)
15. You buy books only after reading your friends' reviews. (Carole Peterson Bishop)
16. You check your Goodreads more than your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. (Avery Amsterdam Stuckey)
17. You tend to skip books with less than a 3.7 review on Goodreads. (Kathryn Asinobi Fertal)
18. You obsess over your shelves and how you want them to be so you change them over and over and over. (Lynn Price)
19. You get a rush using the Scan Barcode feature on your Goodreads App. (Jake Christensen)
20. You make sure you turn your sound off on your phone so nobody hears the chime of you scanning books in the library or bookstore. (James Cantu)
21. You know your to-read shelf will take longer to get through than you will possibly live! But that's okay! (Shelly Tracy Gilliland)
What makes YOU a Goodreads member?
Comments Showing 1-50 of 265 (265 new)
back to top