This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Things I hate because they're too ugly to exist (please add to this thread):

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2009 03:26PM) (new)

This book cover:

This store:

[image error]

Art by Charles Burns:

These shoes:

Mixed Metal (plus just most wedding rings, in general):

[image error]

[image error]

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2009 03:57PM) (new)

To you, Beholder!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I forgot about R. Crumb:

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) The Republican Party? Or did you mean cosmetically / visually ugly?

message 5: by Tom (last edited Jan 28, 2009 06:01PM) (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) If you mean cosmetically ugly, then Calvary Church in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't find a photo that adequately conveys the horribleness of its mind-shivering pink monstrosity, but there are a few shots of it here: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en...

Ugliest building i've ever seen in my life that looked the way it was intended to look.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It is really very ugly.

Tom, have you ever gone to eyesoreofthemonth.com? If horrible architectural design bothers you, this website will make you want to stab your eyes out. And that's good...right?

message 7: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jan 28, 2009 11:16PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" I like Meryl Streep, but I hate this outfit:

Check out this website brimming with fugliness brought to my attention by fellow GoodReader Jude, Sarah:
http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/ind...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Her dress is horrible, but then I scrolled down and saw those shiny "panty hose" and they were worse.

message 9: by Paul (new)

Paul (paulreichel) Mmm.... Ms Streep - perhaps I have got to a 'certain age' but I must admit to finding the lady mighty attractive - despite lapses of taste as above. The English have an expression that fits
'Thinking-man's crumpet' Google it. And ladies - take this with the light-heartedness with which it is intended. And who knows, then you might now or in the future join this estimable group!

message 10: by Arminius (new)

Arminius She looks great, very patriotic.

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy actually, while i agree with sarah on most of the above (except the artist, i think he's ok), i have to say, i'm obsessed with these mixed metal rings:

http://www.krikawa.com/rings/mokume-w...

maybe because they're loosely based on the way japanese swords are made, maybe just cause they're pretty. i don't know, but i covet them.

message 12: by Daybook (new)

Daybook I hate the look of artificial breasts. They are too round and look like half-balls and when women lie on the beach (I live in Puerto Rico) they stick straight up instead of gently giving into gravity and smoothing out like all the normal ones.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think so. People with fakies usually go out of their way to show off cleavage.

message 14: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Can we not talk about Meryl's boobs? There are so many better topics out there.

::shivers::

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! We hit a nerve.

What do YOU think is too ugly to exist, Rusty?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Bravo!

I love hating ugly stuff.

message 18: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell That is the Sagrada Familia church by Antoni Gaudi. I don't think it's ugly at all.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think it's ugly, necessarily, but it looks like it wants to stab me.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2009 09:42PM) (new)

message 21: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I was trying to post this earlier, but I couldn't remember what the ugly things are called.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/chrysler/ch...

Why would anyone pay hard-earned money for that? It's almost as ugly as the El Camino.

message 22: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Looks like a church from a Tim Burton movie, or maybe a leftover from the set of Lord of The Rings. Regarding the cruiser, this has it beat for ugly hands down.

message 23: by Arminius (new)

Arminius
I agree. That picture is uglier than a person in clogs, by far.

Servius  Heiner Makes you wonder what kind of mental trauma that woman has endured to make her think she needs to do that... and keep it up... because I think we all agree that is not keeping ANYTHING/anyone up... Well it might keep small children up screaming into the darkness every night.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Is that a wig, do you think? Because if not, that woman is MENTAL. Every fucking hair is in place.

And her skin! What are the chances that there's not a speck of melanoma?

Makes me want to move to Alaska.

Servius  Heiner Her hair reminds me of that Marve Albert guy.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

P.S. Truck Nutz are too ugly to exist. So is the soul of whoever invented them.

Servius  Heiner My biggest complaint is... Where is the fuz? You can't have testies with out the fuzzies. I guess it is hard to sell fuzzy nuts... too many color options and all that.

message 29: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments And why only two testicles? That's just weird-looking. I mean, that's just freakish.......

Wait, what? That's normal? Oooooooh.

message 30: by David (new)

David Did you have a third nut Rusty? Did the kids taunt you, "there he is, Rusty three nuts!"

message 31: by David (new)

David I think the Nutz are bare because they are made in the orient where hairless nuts are in vogue. Mao Tse-tung from China for example. I once knew a guy who worked at a dildo factory. Sorry, have no photos tho.

message 33: by Kasia (new)

Kasia cute, isn't it?

message 34: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) Tom wrote: "If you mean cosmetically ugly, then Calvary Church in Charlotte, NC. I couldn't find a photo that adequately conveys the horribleness of its mind-shivering pink monstrosity, but there are a few sh..."

I looked at the images, but I'm confused. Are there two Calvary churches, or one with two facades? One looks like a mighty glass fortress, and the other looks like a refurbished castle painted pink. I didn't like either of them, but whichever one it is, certainly is proud of its organ.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Re 39: MAKE IT STOP!

message 36: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) Paul wrote: "Mmm.... Ms Streep - perhaps I have got to a 'certain age' but I must admit to finding the lady mighty attractive - despite lapses of taste as above. The English have an expression that fits
'Think..."

Would you include Judi Dench in that category?

message 37: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) All photos of the same church, Sandy. The curved, pink faced glass facade is the front, the other pics are from different angles.

Heh heh...she said "organ."

message 39: by Kasia (last edited Feb 19, 2009 09:05AM) (new)

Kasia re:#44 I just puked a little in my mouth. What do people do to themselves. On a similar note:

[image error]

message 40: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments look that's him in the background.

message 41: by Kasia (new)

Kasia oh, yeah, the same guy...

message 42: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments This thread is upsetting. I wish they were links instead of the actual horrid wrong pics popping up on my screen while i'm at work and supposed to be...you know...working.....not looking at ugly things and reading hate posts in order to escape my real life because it's too stressful/too cold/too overwhelming. or maybe i'm just annoyed that i don't know how to neatly stick the picture in the post like the rest of you.

Servius  Heiner Careful,Gretchen... don't air out your underbelly around here. Some of the Haters club participants will remember everything you have ever said and use it against you at a later date and time... a lot like being married.

message 44: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments bring it bitches

Servius  Heiner it wouldn't be right now silly... I said they will remember it and use it against you in the "future" I know that technically this is the future... 27 minutes into the future, but you need to look more into months down the road, when you lest expect it.

message 46: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments oh ok. i'll put my guard back down now.

message 47: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) I saw a TV program several years ago that had lizard man, among others, and this poor soul who has mutilated himself to look like a cat. What is missing in their lives to make them do this to themselves?

message 48: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments It's love, Sandy - they're missing love.

Well, that or their moms smoked crack while they were pregnant.

message 49: by Donitello (new)

Donitello I find McMansions extremely disappointing.

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Esta...

Servius  Heiner that is pretty bad Doni. Just goes to show you can't buy taste.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.