The Haters Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I buy them for the library because some of the kids adore them--even those who don't give a shit about books will memorize these things. I HATE them, though!!!! And, after looking through them, I ripped out three pages! I don't care if it's against librarian code and/or the rights of academic freedom! I don't care! These books make me love the world a lot less when I'm done with them.

You can hate on me for ripping pages out of the books, but it will not affect me. I don't want the kids to see a baby born with two heads and one eyeball and I don't want them to see roasted pitbulls hanging in a market.

Being a librarian for niños is stressful.

Servius  Heiner so your an info Nazi... How very liberal of you.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't mind being called a Nazi nearly as much as I mind Ripley's Fucking Believe it Whether or Not it Makes You Feel Like Slitting Your Wrists.

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (TomFoolery) A two headed, one eyed baby is EXACTLY the sort of thing a ten year old boy is looking for in his library books! How can you discourage kids from reading like that?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

If all of my students were ten, I wouldn't be worried. Some of them are 5, though. I left in all the biologically mangled animals and grownups--don't worry. And the guy who pulls a car by putting hooks into his eye sockets.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.