This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate the way everyone hated my other persona when she came out to play

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Honestly, I'm glad I'm not a skinny trust-fund babe with a coke habit and a personal trainer/dietician. I've never seen such a load of sexist, ageist, weightist, substanceist crap in all my life. I HATE that! Show a little Christian compassion please. I'm sure that, if Our Lord were to come back tomorrow, Paris Hilton would be the new Mary Magdalene.

You know, there might be a movie in that...

message 2: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Except Jordan. She was nice to her, and she's not even Christian. Now there's a lesson to you all.

message 3: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Are you still talking?

message 4: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I hate questions like that. I know it's a trick.

message 5: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) This sounds... hostile! At the Hater's club! I'm shocked.

The nameless skinny trust-fund bitch is retired. The next time I create a persona here, I will make sure it doesn't give offense. I'm thinking in terms of a spinsterish librarian, or maybe a chartered accountant with a moderate passion for golf.

message 6: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Too risqué. I'm not sure people would be able to take it. Maybe without the beard, but "linguist" makes you think of tongues, and... no, this won't work. I'm trying to decide between the librarian and the accountant. She's still a virgin, he has 2.3 children.

message 7: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9... posts 44 onwards. But that's all in the past now, I have put this sorry episode behind me.

message 8: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I have passed your comments on to my non-existent librarian friend. She claimed to be mortally insulted, but I thought I detected a strange gleam in her eye. At any rate, she wanted to know more about the meaning of the expression "rip off her dewey decimals".

Though I'm not sure it's a good idea to elaborate, some things are best left unsaid.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone knows that there are no virgin librarians.

message 10: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Why do you think she's non-existent? Have you had your morning latte yet?

message 11: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) BunWat wrote: "Are you arguing with yourself?"

No, with Montambo. He's not one of my personae, as far as I can remember. But I have so many, it's hard to keep track sometimes.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't latte.

message 13: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Tambo, did Manny just call you a "he"?

message 14: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell A friend of mine on facebook didn't like the ads she was getting, so she changed the box marked gender to male. Now I keep getting messages that say stuff like "Jenne also commented on his own photo." It makes me laugh.

message 15: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I'm sorry, Montambo. I didn't look very closely at your delightful picture. I and all my non-existent friends would like to apologize. The non-existent accountant is particularly contrite, as are his separated wife and 2.3 children.

Servius  Heiner I think it is time to up the dose.

Servius  Heiner funny really, but seriously time to up the dosage.

message 18: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I hate the way that no one here appears to have a sense of humor. These insinuations about my mental health, merely because I have a few non-existent friends. We all feel rather hurt.

Anyway, how do you know I have non-existent friends? Are you just going to take my word for it? You shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet, you know.

message 19: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I was raised Southern Baptist, so I have no sense of humor because of my upbringing. I don't know what everyone else's excuse is.

message 20: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Tom, you have owned up to it like a man. I am impressed.

In fact, I'll admit that I don't have a sense of humor either. I call a friend of mine for advice, and she tells me what to say... on the whole, she's been pretty reliable, but I am starting to wonder if I should always follow her orders quite so exactly. But what is my alternative? I don't want people to think I'm humorless.

If you're wondering, that was her speaking, not me. Luckily, I work in computer science, where a sense of humor is a positive liability, so I only really need her services here on GoodReads.

message 21: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments My sense of humor had to be removed after a tragic air hockey accident.

Don't ask.

message 22: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Oh wow! So none of us have a sense of humor, and we've finally had the courage to come out about it. That's just so... so... so damn moving. Excuse me a second, I have something in my eye.

message 23: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Don't you worry Manny your other persona and I were out shopping, and having drinks. Now the both of us are back and we are readying to play.

Whose game?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.