Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Recommend a Book Game

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Let's see how this game goes...

you recommend a book, and the person below you replies yes or no if they like the book (giving reasons would be great). If you haven't read the book, you can say that you don't know the book.

Then you recommend a book and the person below will then start the process over again!

I would recommend:

Fantasy Lover By Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Yes! Loved it. I wont say more then that because it would spoil it for those who havent read it :P

Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong

message 3: by Anneliese (new)

Anneliese | 6 comments Nope, didn't care for it. I loved Bitten and other books by Karen chance but for some reason, Dime Store Magic didn't do it for me. *shrug*

I would recommend:

Stray by Rachel Vincent

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Not interested in reading since I found out it wasn't all about Elena and Clay

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

message 5: by Tiwaztyrsfist (new)

Tiwaztyrsfist | 25 comments Sounds interesting, and my RL Friend on goodreads gave it five stars, so I think I'll check it out.

Unshapely Things by Mark Del Franco
Urban Fantasy, Very good IMO. Waiting impatiently for book three to come out.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Read the blurb. Added to my TBR. Never heard of him but sounds good.

Recommends

Heaven By Jet Mykles

m/m romance but it's my latest addiction and she's the easiest way I got intro'ed into the genre.

Heaven by Jet Mykles

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Haven't heard of it... but I looked up the book and I'm not that interested.

The Bane Affair by Allison Kent (Not PNR but still good)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Sounds like it might have potential, although the only romance I read is PNR.

And now, because I'm loving her and she's quickly become one of my favorites, I'm going to recommend

A Rush of Wings by Adrian Phoenix

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Wow! That actually sounds like a good vamp book. I'd consider reading that.

Bite anthology with LKH, Charlane Harris, Mary Janice Dickenson, Angela Knight, Vickie Taylor(sorry for misspelling, but I am reading the title from the book online and I can't hardly see the words.)

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yes! I loved Bite, and I usually don't like anthologies but this had some of my favorite author's in it!!

Cry Wolf - patricia Briggs

message 11: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Yes to both.

Cry Wolf - I haven't read it yet, but I just finished Moon Called and the On the Prowl anthology.

Megan Mark - I have my own copy and I love the book. I want to read more Breed books by Lora Leight

Hell's Belles by Jackie Kessler A succubus on the run from hell, hiding as a mortal stripper in the Big Apple.

message 12: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Jan 20, 2009 03:40PM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Sounds Good, not too many succubus books out there

Witch Fire by anya bast

message 13: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I never read Witch Fire but it sounds good I am going to add it to my TBR pile

Dark Lover by JR Ward

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments J.R. Ward rocks!

Night Life - Caitlin Kittredge

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Sounds like an interesting world that I'd like to get to know =) Good call.

I have Witch Fire but haven't yet read it, perhaps that can be March's BOM? Hehe.

Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon Bk1) By Alyssa Day

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) It's One of many series to start this year

Devil of the HighlandsBy Lynsay Sands and Hannah Howell

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oo I never heard of that one.. and I thought I hit all of Lynsay's books lol. I'm adding that to my list.

In Twilights Shadow by Patti O'Shea.. I just finished it and I really liked Creed (he's hot)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Jess- It comes out the first of Feb
Sounds good and dark added it to the TBR

Nightrising by Chris Marie Green

message 19: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Heard of it and thinking of adding it to my TBR list.

Eternal Pleasure by Nina Bangs

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 24, 2009 01:20AM) (new)

Nope, don't read Maggie Shayne

Kenjii darling, Heaven is the bomb!! You know Gretchen is next?

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. Because Bones is hot, the dialogue is fabulous, and who needs underwear anyway? [image error]

message 21: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments In my TBR list, and looking forward to reading about Cat and Bones.

Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank - enter her Nightwalker world with the first book of the series.

message 22: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I have Frank in my TBR list.. I will get to it soon hopefully

The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter

message 23: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Read it..enjoyed it..loved the second one..has the third one for next month challenge...

Out of the Night by Robin T. Popp - part of her Nightslayer series.

message 24: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I looked it up, and it looks interesting.

night life by Rob thurman

message 25: by Yaz (new)

Yaz Looked it up, looks good. I'll add it to my TBR list.

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole. Loved it!

message 26: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Heard of it..planning to add it to my TBR list.

Eternal Pleasure by Nina Bangs

message 27: by Melody (new)

Melody (melos) | 4 comments Loved it. Hot dinosaur! Interesting world. Looking forward to finding out more about the Eleven's past. :O)

Crimson City, Liz Maverick

message 28: by Clorinda (new)

Clorinda | 31 comments Never heard of Crimson City but it sounds interesting.
I reccomend Kindred by Octavia Butler. The main character, a black woman, travels back in time to the slavery era South to protect her ancestor. The catch is her ancestor is the slave masters's son. She is called back many times over the years and stays for varying amounts of time.

message 29: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I never heard of it, but I read the description and added it.

Down and Dirty by Sandra Hill

message 30: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Jess..that blurb is funny..makes me want to read it..but it's #7 in the series. I guess I need to add another Sandra Hill series to my list, aside from her cajun one.

Second Sight by Amanda Quick

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I've only read one of her viking books and I didn't miss that much. Lol, I didn't realize it was book 7 until after I read it lol.

message 32: by Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (last edited Apr 23, 2009 06:00PM) (new)

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) | 18 comments Never read it but looked it up and it sounds good.

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) read it felt it was eh?

Immortal WarriorbyLisa Hendrix

message 34: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Nope, Haven't read it. Looks interesting. Ghost Radio A Novel

message 35: by Melody (new)

Melody (melos) | 4 comments Looks interesting, but I'm not sure it's just my thing.

City of Golden Shadow (Otherland, Book 1), Tad Williams.

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments hmm it looks interesting, I think I might add it to my TBR mountain.

Forbidden Nights With a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

message 37: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 23 comments I have that series in my TBR pile! :)

I recommend:
Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow.

message 38: by Clorinda (new)

Clorinda | 31 comments Read all of the books in that series and of course loved them. Very good choice.

I recommend Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk.