What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Girl Who Owned a City
This topic is about The Girl Who Owned a City
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's apocalyptical novel (OT Nelson - Girl Who Owned a City) [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer G I read this when I was a kid, and it was a novel, maybe one of those pre-teen novels, about a post-apocalyptical world where all adults are dead (anyone over the age of 10 dies), and the children rule the world in a very Lord of the Flies fashion. The book centered on a girl who was the head of one group of kids and who were eventually attacked by another group. (I remember a part of pouring boiling oil down on the "enemy" group).

Sound familiar to anyone?

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer G Wow, that was so easy! Thanks!

message 3: by Recynd (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Recynd | 18 comments That damned book was used as the basic text for a literacy program I was involved with...

If I had to read another PAGE about Lisa and her brother, Todd...my brain would have bled, I'm sure of it.

message 4: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4970 comments This thread is linked twice as a topic "about" The Girl Who Owned a City, on the bookshelf.