Zombies! discussion

Zombie Survival Skills > Who's on your side?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Hmm... either Conan the Barbarian or Highlander. Added bonus being... they are totally hot. : )

message 2: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments The Punisher... 'nuf said.

message 3: by Brian (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Brian | 3 comments Ash Williams. Anybody with a chainsaw arm and a shotgun knows how to handle zombies.

message 4: by Trevor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Trevor (trevoroakley) | 40 comments Batman -- dude has a secret cave (under a secure mansion) that is zom-bee-proof! Plus all the surveillance equipment, a fast car, and all those gadget-y weapons makes it a hands-down, no-brainer!

Second choice, Cal McDonald.

message 5: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 15 comments Batman is good, but I have to go with the Terminator (Arnold version, although I admit the others are better models) for the same reasons that Natalie chose Robocop. With the added bonus that he won't complain about his wife, and will fight by my side until he is destroyed.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Robocop moves slowly, makes a LOT of noise, and needs to be recharged and recalibrated on a regular basis.

message 7: by Trevor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Trevor (trevoroakley) | 40 comments Terminator...of course! He won't turn if bitten! He can go out on food/supply runs in the forsaken city and all of that! Now, can Robocop turn since he's part human inside the robotic getup?

message 8: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) What fictional bad-ass - villainous or protagonist - do you want on your side, come the Zombie War? <------ God.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

If the dead come back to life and want to eat out brains and Jesus DOESN'T show up to bail our asses out, well, I'd say that's awfully good evidence that the omnipotent and ultra-benevolent God is not in service in this universe.

message 10: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) brendan, why you have to ruin everything that is beautiful in my posts?? WTF i can't have God in a zombie infested world but they can have the terminator and robocop?? well, ok. if i can't have God I choose gatts from berserk.

PS: stop hating

message 11: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments I want Les Stroud (Survivor Man) and Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild) definitely...bonus: they aren't even fictional!

Also, I call dibs on Orlando Bloom. His ummm sword skills...err... horse riding....uhhh... He's just foxy, ok? And if I'm going to be fighting for my life I need something to boost my morale!

As far as fictional characters...red rover, red rover send Aliens right over. Acid blood? Check. Berserk killing machines? Check. Reproduce? Check. Zombies dying while Christen drinks frou frou drinks from behind the barricade? Check.

message 12: by Monica Granado (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Monica Granado | 1 comments Good one, Alfonso! You beat me to it...

If the game is fictional characters, you can totally have god on your side. As for Brendan's comment about Jesus...don't count on that happening, buddy. Jesus was the original zombie!

message 13: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments Ooo here's an interesting question that I thought of because Terry said Punisher...

Would Wolverine's healing factor be able to heal him from a zombie bite?

Also...I want Wolverine on my team. Unbreakable bones are a definite plus.

message 14: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments By the way, I'm not talking about like "would the skin heal?" because obviously it would....but would he be able to conquer zombie cooties and not be turned into a zombie?

message 15: by Cookie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments Ooooh, Ash is a good choice...

Or Samuel L. Jackson as himself.

Maybe I'd pick Vin Diesel. If he couldn't protect me, at least I could have some fun before I died.

I guess though, if I had to choose just one fictional badass to protect me, I'd go with Beatrix Kiddo.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 12, 2007 01:32PM) (new)

The question of whether Wolverine's healing abilities would save him from infection was answered in the grotesque NEGATIVE in the "Marvel Zombies" series. Way worse than a shambling, mindless zombie is a thinking, superpowered zombie that STILL wants to eat you.

For superheroes, I gotta' go with Ambush Bug. Brother Man can teleport in and out of ANYWHERE, and that skin-tight green suit he wears MIGHT be bite-proof.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually, Elijah resurrected someone in the Jewish Bible centuries before Jesus' undead shamblings in Jerusalem.

message 18: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Yay! Beatrix Kiddo!!! She'd make mincemeat of those zombie hordes.

Alfonso... Brendan IS a big hater!!! He especially hates flamingos.

And Monica... you said it girl, Jesus IS the original zombie. Jesus will eat your brains given the chance. And dude, don't let him bite you, whatever you do. Also, don't drop the soap while you're in the shower. Just sayin.

message 19: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments Charissa, I really think Jesus is WAY more of a gentleman than to get up all on your stuff when you're bent over in the shower. That's just my opinion, though...

Beatrix Kiddo has been the source of many a debate amongst my friends and I, so that's why she came to mind first.

We had this really long argument about who would win in a fight, Beatrix Kiddo, or Captain Jack Sparrow.

message 20: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments I'd mostly choose Ash because he has gone through so many movies slaughtering the after-life but he is only human(but that chainsaw arm kicks ass).
I would choose Mark Whalberg from 'Shooter' because he knows how to survive and he could kill let's say 10 birds with one stone.

message 21: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Cookie, okay, you have a point. But you never know. Jesus never went to prison at Oz. He could be pushed to the brink. I think an AU exists where Jesus gets all up in people's stuff in the shower. In fact, I'm going to write some fan fic where Jesus takes Judas from behind by surprise in the shower.

Beatrix Kiddo would so kick Capt. Jack Sparrow's narrow little booty. Puleeze.

message 22: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 15 comments Christen,

You rock! Bear Grylls is the perfect choice. when you retreat to the wilderness, you won't starve. Plus, he is special forces trained! I bet he could kick some zombie butt.

message 23: by Christen (last edited Dec 14, 2007 06:55AM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments LOL J-lynn! Exactly my thoughts! You'd probably end up eating a whole bunch of nasty crap though. :D

message 24: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments Please send me any fanfic where Jesus is at OZ. I STILL don't think it would happen, though. Jesus is VERY popular in prisons. I think it'd be more likely that someone would shank Judas in the prison yard on Jesus's behalf, and Jesus would be all "Thank you for shanking my betrayer, but seriously, let's love. Let's just love." and there would be a group hug, and someone would be healed of their excema. Because Jesus is always doin the right thing.

Okay, so it started out as a ninja verses pirate debate at the opening of my friend's salon. And there was drinking. Somehow it shifted into a Jack Sparrow vs Beatrix Kiddo debate. I *still* think there is a slim chance that Jack Sparrow is charming enough to through Beatrix off her game a little. And I know what you're gonna say, because I've heard it. My argument is only "Johnny Depp in eyeliner is a very powerful weapon against women, and I don't think it should be discounted so easily!"

message 25: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Well of *course* Jesus is all about the love, which is why he takes Judas from behind in the shower. Judas resists, but only to make it interesting. He's been waiting for this a long time. Egging Jesus on...

There's the beginning of your Jesus/Judas slash, Cookie. If you want more I'll write something really dirty and email it to you. I'm sure I have a couple of friends who would lick my toes for a whole Jesus/Judas in OZ fic. Good thing I'm a pagan, and already going straight to hell when I die. I'll be in good company there.

If Beatrix Kiddo was that easily distracted do you really think she could have performed the Five-Point-Palm Exploding Heart Technique on Bill, the love of her life? Johnny Depp in eyeliner *is* a very powerful weapon... however... Ms. Kiddo has been ninja trained to focus through pain, hunger, fatigue... and, yes, even eyeliner.

message 26: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Dec 14, 2007 01:40PM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) charissa, 1.GUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA, i want a copy of that jesus/judas in Oz fanfic. I'm not usally intrested in the homo (i have nothing against them tho) thing but that sounds like a fun read. 2. since you seen to know brendan, can you explain to him that hating on me won't make him pretty??

Natalie, 1.Beatrix Kiddo, or Captain Jack Sparrow.
unless Jack Sparrow can do his im a a cursed to live pirate thing i dont think he stand a chance against Breatrix Kiddo. 2. can you post that mental list that you assembling?? we'll call it the anti-zombie league or something like that??

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 14, 2007 01:29PM) (new)

PHALLO THE GREAT DOESN'T HATE. HE DESTROYS.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) brendan, as a guy i notice that when we refer to our "phallos" using words like the great and euphemisms like that we lying so... what's going on Mr Phallo the Great got something to hide???
is that the puny reason why you so angry and hate so much?, get over it man lets be friends =)

message 29: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 36 comments As for who's on my side, I'm gonna go with Promethea, (Alan Moore's). She's a bad ass, and she seems to be good company even after wiping out the enemy...

Osiris would pre-date Lazerus or Jesus as the first zombie. He had to be put back together, (except for his penis which made the nile fertile and was eaten by fish), before he was resurrected, and even had a child afterwards: Horus, son of a zombie.

Lastly I agree with most, Beatrix Kiddo would kill Jack Sparrow. I mean Bill would kill Jack Sparrow, (can we really compare their sword skills?), and Beatrix killed Bill. There's simply no contest...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

PHALLO THE GREAT STRIKES MORE FEAR INTO THE PALPITATING HEARTS AND FEARFUL EYES OF THE COMMONERS THAN "BRENDAN HOWARD."

message 31: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Brendan, Alfonso says that hating him won't make you pretty. Apparently Alphonso wants you to be pretty for him. Now kiss and make up. : )

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) Natalie, if you take out robocop I'm down with your mental list he still have some organic brain matter that well... could get infected, I think you should add gatts from berserk, seriously he is the toughest son of a bi#%$@ I've ever seen.

Brendan, man if you gonna quote some random entries from your D&D logs man... i give up you have issues. I thought that you couldn't get nerdier after your wolverine post but you prove me wrong.

Charissa, i don't know about that kissing part but I'm ready to make up, I know the guy have some issues but I think he is smart and funny even after his last 2 post that seen to make no sense at all.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm increasingly fascinated by Alfonso's obsession with my "hating" on him because of a comment I made a while ago.

message 34: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments Okay, fine! I know she'd kill Jack Sparrow, okay! I know this!

But I'm just SAYING can someone please show me a smidgen of love here (and I think it should be Brenden cause he's such a hater. hee!) and admit that since MAAAYBE Jack Sparrow survived the Kraken, that he might, possibly, in some crazy mixed up doggy-dogg world..

Okay nevermind. I know she'd win.

Charissa, I don't want you to go to hell. I'd like it better if you got to heaven, and Jesus was all "Hey, can I get a copy of that fanfic?" and then he takes it to Peter, and they both read it and laugh and laugh...

message 35: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 15 comments Woot! Cookie... that's totally the Jesus that I want to know. The Jesus who thinks gay smut written about him is funny.

Okay, maybe Beatrix Kiddo wouldn't kill Jack Sparrow... maybe she would make him her personal love slave and they would sail the seven seas making passionate monkey love all around the world ever after. Howzat?

message 36: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments Yay, Charissa!