Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Books > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,121 (1121 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9751 comments Mod
What book(s) are you currently reading?

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm currently reading:

Smitten by Colleen Coble Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter, and Diann Hunt

And I'll be starting The Secret Keeper A Novel of Kateryn Parr by Sandra Byrd The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd soon.

I'm also reading this non-fiction book ~ The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook by J. Scott Duvall

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Right now I'm reading:
Bloodline A Sigma Force Novel by James Rollins Bloodline by James Rollins (He's a fantastic author if anyone likes thrillers with some history mixed in. I generally stick to the christian fiction genre but I'll read anything he releases!)
Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard
The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad
Sarai (Wives of the Patriarchs) by Jill Eileen Smith Sarai by Jill Eileen Smith
To Die For A Novel of Anne Boleyn by Sandra Byrd To Die For by Sandra Byrd

I have a problem with starting new books before I finish the ones I'm already reading.

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Right now I'm reading:
[bookcover:Bloodline: A Sigma Force Novel]Bloodline by James Rollins (He's a fantastic author if anyone likes thrillers with some history mixed in. I generally stick to the c..."

I read To Die For last year - it was really good! Hope you are enjoying it. :) I REALLY want to read The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad! Hope to soon...

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Currently

For reviewing:
The Bride Wore Blue A Novel by Mona Hodgson
For fun:
The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2) by Michael Scott Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 73 comments finished and Blind-Date Bride (The McKaslin Clan Series 4, #1) (Love Inspired, # ) by Jillian Hart
now reading Montana Homecoming by Jillian Hart

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (njbookluvr) Melanie, I loved smitten, very cute.

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Margaret wrote: "Melanie, I loved smitten, very cute."

I'm not that far yet, but it is good. :) I'm hoping I like it...

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 5 comments The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Witemeyer | 7 comments I just finished Vickie McDonough's End of the Trail. It was the final installment of the Texas Trails series, but it stands alone well. I hadn't read any of the others in the series, yet I never got lost. A fun, quick western romance read.

message 11: by TAMMY (new)

TAMMY CUEVAS (tammy1965) | 11 comments I'm currently reading "Garden of Madness" by Tracy Higley for review.

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Newport (olivianewport) | 10 comments I'm almost finished with Diagnosis Death by Richard Mabry, a medical mystery.

message 13: by Janet (new)

Janet Sketchley (janetsketchley) | 15 comments Olivia wrote: "I'm almost finished with Diagnosis Death by Richard Mabry, a medical mystery."
I enjoyed Richard Mabry's Medical Error. I'd like to read more from him.

message 14: by Janet (new)

Janet Sketchley (janetsketchley) | 15 comments I'm reading Bonnie S. Calhoun's Cooking the Books. Cooking the Books by Bonnie S. Calhoun Interesting characters!

message 15: by Vera (last edited Jun 26, 2012 03:10PM) (new)

Vera Godley (verag) | 30 comments I just finished "The Gift" by Ann Gabhart (review will show later)
"Mrs. Noodlekugler" by Daniel Pinkwater (great young reader's book)
I'm reading "Unveiling the Kings of Israel" by David Down.
I'm also reading "Inescapable" by Nancy Mehl. Mrs. Noodlekugel by Daniel Pinkwater Unveiling the Kings of Israel by David Down Inescapable by Nancy Mehl

message 16: by Vera (new)

Vera Godley (verag) | 30 comments I don't know how to add pictures here.

message 17: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Vera wrote: "I don't know how to add pictures here."

Right above the comment box is an option to "add book/author". Click that and type in a book title or author's name. It will give you the choice of adding a link or a cover/author photo.

message 18: by Janet (last edited Jun 23, 2012 06:40PM) (new)

Janet | 113 comments Picked up Hatteras Girl Hatteras Girl by Alice J. Wisler at Lifeway for $1.47 today. So far so good. Trying to remember if I have read any of her other books.

message 19: by Vera (new)

Vera Godley (verag) | 30 comments Aerykah wrote: "Vera wrote: "I don't know how to add pictures here."

Right above the comment box is an option to "add book/author". Click that and type in a book title or author's name. It will give you the choi..."

Thank you! Learn something new every day. I saw that before but never investigated.

message 20: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments @Vera - You're welcome :)

message 21: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments The Vow The Kim & Krickitt Carpenter Story by Kim Carpenter The real story is inspiring! Their love for God and how he brought them through the hardest time in their lives!!!

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (njbookluvr) Just finished three books in the last three days! I was reading five and it was going so slow so I had to focus on one book at a time. I finished:

The Keepers of the House

Exposed: Inexcusable Me...Irreplaceable Him

Homespun Bride

I'm still working on these two:

Intermission

Miss Match

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Currently reading

The Gifted by Ann H Gabhart (it's the main one I'm reading as I'm scheduled to review it next week)

Magician by Michael Scott

Bride Wore Blue - Mona Hodgson

message 24: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments I'm currently reading this one
Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot

message 25: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments From Ashes to Honor by Loree Lough I have so many free books on my kindle. Went through them and decided to try this one.

message 26: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Jocelyn wrote: "From Ashes to Honor by Loree Lough I have so many free books on my kindle. Went through them and decided to try this one."

I have that one too, but I haven't read it yet...

message 27: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Aerykah wrote: "I'm currently reading this one
Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot"

That is a really good book! I read it earlier this year. :)

message 28: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I finished The Rogue's Reform by Regina Scott (really good!) and am now reading The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd! I really enjoyed Sandra's other book (To Die For) and am hoping I like this one just as much (if not more!).

message 29: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Melanie wrote: "Aerykah wrote: "I'm currently reading this one
Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot"

That is a really good book! I read it earlier this year. :)"

Yeah, it was really good!

message 30: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments I'm now reading Falls Like Lightning by Shawn Grady

message 31: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (njbookluvr) I'm currently reading:

All Different Kinds of Free by Jessica McCann very good so far

Always the Baker Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker just started

Goodbye to All That by Judith Arnold OK so far

The Keeper A Novel (Stoney Ridge Seasons) by Suzanne Woods Fisher ok, not as good as some I've read

Starring Me by Krista McGee pretty good

message 32: by Leah (last edited Jul 11, 2012 10:11AM) (new)

Leah (leah49) I'm currently reading:
Half Moon Street  by Anne Perry a book I read when I'm in between library books. Waiting for the book I have on hold to get to the library.
Embracing You, Embracing Me by Michelle Bellon e-book I'm reading for review
Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) by L.M. Montgomery e-book I read sparingly
Ultrathin Reference Bible-NASB by Anonymous Currently in Psalms. I finished my NRSV and moved onto this, the NASB I found in the garage.

I don't have an e-reader. I read e-books on my computer. It takes a bit longer, which is why I like also having a hardcopy book to read as well.

message 33: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) @Margaret ~ Hang in there with The Keeper A Novel (Stoney Ridge Seasons) by Suzanne Woods Fisher , it gets better! You won't believe the ending!!!

message 34: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments Aerykah wrote: From Ashes to Honor by Loree LoughI have that one too, but I haven't read it yet..."

It's pretty good. Here's my review of it on my book blog if you wanted to check it out! :)
http://jocelyns-coffeecorner.blogspot...

message 35: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments Pearl in the Sand A Novel by Tessa Afshar Had this as another free kindle e-book...I am really like this one! So excited to come across a new book that I really want to read! It's been awhile!

message 36: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Jocelyn wrote: "Aerykah wrote: From Ashes to Honor by Loree LoughI have that one too, but I haven't read it yet..."

It's pretty good. Here's my review of it on my book blog if you wanted to check it out! :)
http://j..."

Thanks! I think I will. :)

message 37: by TAMMY (new)

TAMMY CUEVAS (tammy1965) | 11 comments I'm currently reading God and Charles Dickens Rediscovering the Christian Voice of a Classic Author by Gary L. Colledge , Inescapable by Nancy Mehl , and Till We Eat Again A Second Helping by Judy Gruen . I'm also reading Trailblazing Governors Six Remarkable Women by Gail Johnson and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger .

message 38: by Elisha (new)

Elisha (bookjunkiemom) | 16 comments I'm currently reading Fifty Shades of Grey, Echo Falls by Jails McDougall, The Betrayal by Jerry Jenkins, The Last Plea Bargain by Randy Slinger, & Whole by Lisa Whittle.

message 39: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 73 comments A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California by Keli Gwyn I started this on Saturday

message 40: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm reading Prince Incognito by Rachelle McCalla. Loving it! :)

message 41: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I finished Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3) by Rachelle McCalla and am starting Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon . I loved Prince Incognito (it's a favorite of mine) and I'm super excited about Lethal Legacy (I loved the first two in Irene's series!).

message 42: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Ausjenny wrote: "A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California by Keli Gwyn I started this on Saturday"

Oh! I plan on reading that soon! How is it so far?

message 43: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 73 comments im enjoying it about a quarter of the way through and really like it.

message 44: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm starting Love Finds You in MacKinac Island, Michigan by Melanie Dobson. I haven't read that many (if any) "Love Finds You In..." books, so I'm hoping I like it. :)

message 45: by TAMMY (last edited Jul 21, 2012 03:10PM) (new)

TAMMY CUEVAS (tammy1965) | 11 comments I'm currently reading The Immortality Virus by Christine Amsden

message 46: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments At this exact second, my computer screen. :D

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox

message 47: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Dawn wrote: "At this exact second, my computer screen. :D

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox"

LOL! That's funny, Dawn! :)

Oh, I really enjoyed Love in Disguise - hope you are liking it! :)

message 48: by TAMMY (new)

TAMMY CUEVAS (tammy1965) | 11 comments Melanie wrote: "Dawn wrote: "At this exact second, my computer screen. :D

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox"

LOL! That's funny, Dawn! :)

Oh, I really enjoyed Love in Disguise - hope you are liking it! :)"

I read that a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

message 49: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm just starting Submerged by Dani Pettrey.

I'm rereading (which I rarely do) Corridor by Robin Parrish.

Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris is the nonfiction book I'm reading. :)

message 50: by TAMMY (new)

TAMMY CUEVAS (tammy1965) | 11 comments Now, I'm reading Kentucky Green by Terry Irene Blain for review.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23