Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > July Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (Pairs Are Posted)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 255 (255 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jul 02, 2012 06:28PM) (new)

Sheri | 12218 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by another participant. Participants will be randomly paired up into picker/pickee pairs. The picker will choose a book for the pickee from their to read list (TBR).

Once you have picked the book come back to this thread and post what you have picked for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until June 30 and you'll have until July 5th to select a book for your partner.

***Please note***Everything will be done in this thread so check it often. Also, please be sure you really, really want to participate. Once I pair up people, it makes it difficult to re-pair when someone decides not to participate

I'm trying something new this month to see if it's a little bit easier doing the pairs.

Instead of having someone pick for you and you pick for another person, I will just pair everyone up so you pick for someone and that same person picks for you. Sound okay? Make sense?

Pairs:
Athena-Nadine - Julissa
Leigh - Tawna
Laura - Elise
Rebecka - Louise-Lesley (Elle)
Deniece - Nuzaifa
Marian - Pat
NayNay - Alyssia
Angela - Fearlesprincess
Sheri - Sue
Cindy - Missy
Gayatri - Renee
Tiffany - Buddy
Yasmani - Deborah
Mallory Anne-Marie - Elizabeth
Candy - Minnie
Mollie - Janis
Kathryn - Tammy
Stacy - Antoinette
Suzanne - Leigh
Pat - Sannie
Kari - Lisa
Mrs. Northman Not that Sookie girl :) - Leigh

Here are the people who said they would pick more than one book...if you guys want to get together and pick another one or two that would be great :)
Tiffany
Athena-Nadine
Alyssia
Leigh
Pat

message 2: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jul 06, 2012 11:55AM) (new)

I'm trying something new this month to see if it's a little bit easier doing the pairs.

Instead of having someone pick for you and you pick for another person, I will just pair everyone up so you pick for someone and that same person picks for you. Sound okay? Make sense?

Picks:
Athena-Nadine - Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire
Julissa - Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
Leigh - Pure Healing by Aja James Shades of Grey by Michael Cargill Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher
Tawna - Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) by Charlaine Harris
Laura - Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer
Elise - Blood Lust Rising (The Vampire Queen Trilogy, #1) by Fayth Devlin
Rebecka - The Cradle Will Fall by Mary Higgins Clark
Louise-Lesley (Elle) - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Deniece - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Nuzaifa - Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young
Marian - Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
Pat - Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins The Butterfly Key by Andrew D. Neudecker
NayNay - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Alyssia - The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter
Angela - Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum The Future of Our Past (The Remembrance Trilogy, #1) by Kahlen Aymes
Fearlesprincess - Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han
Sheri - Awaken (Awaken, #1) by Katie Kacvinsky
Sue - The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa
Cindy - The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan
Missy - Sapphique (Incarceron, #2) by Catherine Fisher
Gayatri - Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins
Renee - Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
Tiffany - Thirst (Ava Delaney, #1) by Claire Farrell
Buddy - Room by Emma Donoghue
Yasmani - Goblin Quest (Jig the Goblin, Book 1) by Jim C. Hines Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins
Deborah - The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson
Mallory Anne-Marie - City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr
Elizabeth - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Candy - Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Minnie - Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9) by Ellen Schreiber
Mollie - Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins
Janis - Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1) by P.C. Cast
Kathryn - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1) by Ransom Riggs City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
Tammy - Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin
Stacey - Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Antoinette - Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
Suzanne - Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris Fire with Fire by Penelope King Forbidden (The Books of Mortals, #1) by Ted Dekker
Sannie - The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill
Kari - The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker
Lisa - Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
Mrs. Northman Not that Sookie girl - Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

message 3: by Julissa (new)

Julissa (ta2kitty) | 35 comments I'm in!

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (tiffanythebooklover) | 208 comments I'm in. And that does sound like it'll be easier all around

message 5: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 184 comments I'm in! Can I just sign up for forever? :). Please choose from my Dusty Bookshelf (again, sorry it's so huge!).

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll do it! :)

message 7: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t just like Athena-Nadine, I'm in; I'd like to be in forever and; always choose from my TBR shelf

message 8: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I'll play.

message 9: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) I'm in!
And, as before, I wouldn't mind having a few partners, if anyone else is up for that.

message 10: by *Angela* (last edited Jun 13, 2012 03:18PM) (new)

*Angela* | 134 comments I'm in! It can be my TBR or free-reads list

message 11: by Jeleni (new)

Jeleni (fearlesxx) | 59 comments am in again...

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15225 comments Mod
I'm in! Pick from my July challenge reads. If you need me to pick for more than one I will.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Lol! I'll make an in forever list! Let me know if you want to be on it :)

message 14: by Tawna (new)

Tawna | 479 comments I want to be on the in forever list!! Plz pick from my TBR challenge list :)

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments I want in the forever list please. I want in this July one also!

message 16: by Elise (new)

Elise (redentrapy) | 244 comments I want in the forever list too. I want in this July one also.

message 17: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka I'm in again!

message 18: by *Angela* (new)

*Angela* | 134 comments Forever list for me too!

message 19: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "Lol! I'll make an in forever list! Let me know if you want to be on it :)"

I'd like to be on the forever list!

message 20: by Elle (last edited Jun 14, 2012 10:38AM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I'd love to do this (but first I need to make a shelf with owned books. I'll get right on that)

Edit: I mean it only took like 2.5hrs but I have a to-read shelf with all the books I own (ouch!)

message 21: by Deniece (new)

Deniece (onebookishbabe) I'm in!

message 22: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) me too.

message 23: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (tiffanythebooklover) | 208 comments Alyssia wrote: "I'm in!
And, as before, I wouldn't mind having a few partners, if anyone else is up for that."

I'm up for that. If you want we can pick for each other as well as our assigned partners.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (tiffanythebooklover) | 208 comments Sheri wrote: "Lol! I'll make an in forever list! Let me know if you want to be on it :)"

Sheri, add me to that list too

message 25: by Deniece (new)

Deniece (onebookishbabe) Sheri wrote: "Lol! I'll make an in forever list! Let me know if you want to be on it :)"

Keep me on that list as well lol

message 26: by Buddy (new)

Buddy | 42 comments I am IN, yet again! .. might as well add me to the "forever list" too!

message 27: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Added everyone...double check to make sure I didn't skip you.

I think I got everyone on the forever list too, but again double check that I didn't miss you. Thanks for the great idea Pat!
Here's the link to the forever list:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 28: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "I'd love to do this (but first I need to make a shelf with owned books. I'll get right on that)

Edit: I mean it only took like 2.5hrs but I have a to-read shelf with all the books I own (ouch!)"

Isn't it amazing how you sit down to do one thing and get sucked in? Goodreads is crazy like that!

message 29: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Pringle | 120 comments I'm in! And I have joined the forever list, too.

I will be making a TBR-Pick Me shelf in the following weeks that I ask to use for this "challenge" :)

message 30: by Yasmani (new)

Yasmani | 79 comments I'm in

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I'm in.

message 33: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Got you all :)

message 34: by Yasmani (new)

Yasmani | 79 comments (: YAY!

message 35: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Pringle | 120 comments Suzanne wrote: "I'm in! And I have joined the forever list, too.

I will be making a TBR-Pick Me shelf in the following weeks that I ask to use for this "challenge" :)"

My TBR-Pick Me shelf is up :)

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (starsky) | 41 comments I'm in!

And definitely put me on the forever list too xD

message 37: by Candy (new)

Candy Smith I'm in!

message 38: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Added you Elizabeth and Candy!

message 39: by Yasmani (new)

Yasmani | 79 comments So when are we getting paired up?

message 40: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 184 comments Sheri will pair everyone up when sign ups close on the 30th. :)

Sheri, if we end up with odd numbers, I can choose for two. :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Sign me up

message 42: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Athena-Nadine wrote: "Sheri will pair everyone up when sign ups close on the 30th. :)

Sheri, if we end up with odd numbers, I can choose for two. :)"

message 43: by Mollie (new)

Mollie •Rebel Book Scum• (martygee) I'd love to be added to this--I've been reading way too quickly lately and need something to shake things up!

message 44: by Janis (last edited Jun 19, 2012 03:27AM) (new)

Janis (janispr80) | 75 comments I'm in - please pick from my to read own shelf

message 45: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Added you :)

message 46: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 2 comments Add me please

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments I'd like to participate. I have one question if the person picks a book from a series and it is out of order can we read the 2nd instead of the 3rd, or do we have them pick a new book???

message 48: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I'd like to join in please.

message 49: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette (nette09) Count me in.

message 50: by Sue (new)

Sue (sassysue08) Count me in on the forever list and in for July as well.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6