The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Chat > June-What are you reading

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3564 comments Mod
What are you reading this mouth or want to read?

message 2: by PepperP0t (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:07PM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments reading Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall and the very next one on my read me next stack is Beyond Eden (Eden #1) by Kele Moon

message 3: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:37PM) (new)

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (I won that book off a blog giveaway hop)

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan I just started Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione. Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments I am reading Life Eternal (Dead Beautiful, #2) by Yvonne Woon I'm not that far yet in the book since I had to work earlier today.

message 6: by Zakiya (last edited Jun 01, 2012 06:33PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) My goal for June is to read all of these. If I don't read the ones in ()'s then that's fine. They're only there for if I happen to finish all the other ones.

Graveminder
Blue Bloods
Epic Fail
Total Blueprint for World Domination
The Vampire Underground
Nuncio and the Gypsy Girl
Intangible
Rip Off by Mar Preston
Serial Hottie
Uncommon Criminals
That Summer
Wondrous Strange
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
Chosen
Shadow Kiss
(Untamed)
(Catching Fire)

message 7: by Katya (new)

Katya Reading Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall & The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran then moving to Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2) by Cherrie Lynn and finally reading A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries Book #4) by Elizabeth Hunter on June 6th.

message 9: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments This weekend I read Suspicion of Innocence by Barbara Parker 6/2 and Scorched (The Dark Forgotten, #2) by Sharon Ashwood

I'm working on Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore which is rather boring and tedious and Bum Steer (Jenny Cain, #6) by Nancy Pickard

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Finished Life Eternal (Dead Beautiful, #2) by Yvonne Woon earlier today

Just started Dead to You by Lisa McMann

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan I just started Four Sisters All Queens by Sherry Jones. Four Sisters, All Queens by Sherry Jones

message 12: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments I finished both Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore & Bum Steer (Jenny Cain, #6) by Nancy Pickard . Listened to Sahara (Dirk Pitt, #11) by Clive Cussler
And am now working on Tiger Paw by Charles A. Cornell

message 13: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Zakiya wrote: "finished Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber"

I tried reading that back in November. For some reason, I couldn't get into it at the time so I'll try reading it again sometime in the future.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments I'm reading Truth (XVI, #2) by Julia Karr

So far, I'm not liking it as much as the first book, XVI, but it's still keeping my interest!

message 17: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 10, 2012 10:19AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Tiger Paw by Charles A. Cornell and loved it. Also read Ascension (The World of Ascension #1) by Caris Roane which was excellent.
Am now working on Moonshine (Zephyr Hollis, #1) by Alaya Dawn Johnson and listening to A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

message 18: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Zakiya wrote: "finished Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber"

I tried reading that back in November. For some reason, I couldn't get into it at the time so I'll try reading it again sometime..."

It's actually pretty good; for a while in the beginning I was about to put it down cuz I thought it was weird, but it gets better as you read farther.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Zakiya wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "Zakiya wrote: "finished Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber"

I tried reading that back in November. For some reason, I couldn't get into it at the time so I'll ..."

Oh, like I said before, I'll give this book another try someday.

Just started The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff Too early to tell what I think of the book yet.

message 20: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

message 21: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Moonshine (Zephyr Hollis, #1) by Alaya Dawn Johnson which I didn't like! Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich which was really cute and romantic!

And now I'm reading on Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson while still working on A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin on audio

message 22: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I am reading Frost (Stork, #2) by Wendy Delsol Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Clarity (Clarity, #1) by Kim Harrington and last Tempest (Tempest, #1) by Julie Cross

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) My goals for this week are:

a Beta read (doing this now), Crux by Julie Reece , Charade (Heven and Hell, #2) by Cambria Hebert , and Pandora's Key (The Key Trilogy, #1) by Nancy Richardson Fischer

message 24: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
Still working on A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin and starting Final Truth (Truth #4) by Mariah Stewart

message 26: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Oh Barbara, I am so envious of your free time to read. I used to have it, I miss it. It seems each month there is less and less.

message 27: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I have finished Frost (Stork, #2) by Wendy Delsol and I loved it.Can't Flock (Stork, #3) by Wendy Delsol to come out

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Finished The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff last night and I really liked it.

Going to read The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3) by Kimberly Derting next.

message 29: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 14, 2012 04:26PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Final Truth (Truth #4) by Mariah Stewart Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris Beneath the Neon Moon by Theda Black

After 2 months of trying, gave up on Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey

Currently reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn (print) Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher (audio) and A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin is on hold as I'm waiting for Part II of the audiobook.

message 30: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) So finally finished The Scent of Shadows (Signs of the Zodiac, #1) by Vicki Pettersson it went on a bit for my taste but was ok. I'm now reading Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4) by Victoria Laurie which as always is awesome!!!

message 31: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles, #2) by Alex Flinn

message 32: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Geek Love by Katherine Dunn Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury - hated both! Interestingly enough both books focus on carnivals.

Now reading something I know I'm going to love. New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb and still listening to Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher but only in the car.

message 33: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments guess you don't do circus folk huh Barbara!?!? (*snicker*)I'm not that far into the In Death Series but I do like them occassionally for a change.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Finished The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3) by Kimberly Derting last night and it was amazing! I want book four now!

Just started The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

message 35: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntire

message 36: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 18, 2012 04:20AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Pat wrote: "guess you don't do circus folk huh Barbara!?!? (*snicker*)I'm not that far into the In Death Series but I do like them occassionally for a change."

I usually intrigued by the whole circus/carnival/freaks but these where just horrible. The first had was just bizarre and ridiculous and the second was just stupid and boring. Though I loved The Night Circus.

Even though I love Roarke, I still couldn't read more than one In Death in a row. They are a little to realistic and sometimes brutal, especially New York to Dallas (bad guy is a nasty pedophile).

message 37: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished A Gift of Snow by Missy Maxim New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb

Currently reading Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher Dark Light by Randy Wayne White

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Just started Ascend by Amanda Hocking

message 39: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 27, 2012 04:04PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher and Move Heaven and Earth  by Christina Dodd

Currently reading: The Sex Lives of Cannibals Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific by J. Maarten Troost and Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman (audiobook)

message 40: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ooooh Barbara, I just got Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward from the library. Did it live up to the the rest of the series? I am a bit hesitant that it will be beliveable.

message 41: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz

message 42: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) finished Total Blueprint for World Domination  by Jolene Stockman

message 43: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 27, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished The Sex Lives of Cannibals Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific by J. Maarten Troost horrible & Dark Light by Randy Wayne White almost as bad

Currently reading Sing the Four Quarters (Quarters, #1) by Tanya Huff & Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman (audiobook)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 691 comments Started reading this yesterday:

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers

I'm not that far yet in the book to tell if it's good yet.

message 45: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 27, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Sing the Four Quarters (Quarters, #1) by Tanya Huff Ravenous (Clare Point, #4) by V.K. Forrest and Never Too Hot (Hot Shots Men of Fire, #3) by Bella Andre

Working on Darkness Revealed (Guardians of Eternity, #4) by Alexandra Ivy and Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman (audiobook)

message 46: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Ooooh Barbara, I just got Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward from the library. Did it live up to the the rest of the series? I am a bit hesitant that it will be beliveable."

I was reluctant at first since Tohr isn't my favorite character (or even in the running). The book focuses on JM and Xhex almost as much as Tohr and No'One so it wasn't bad but Tohr is a beast and I wanted to smack him more than once. I think it fits with where the series is going and the Band of Bastards played a large part too. They might be the bad guys but I like them.

message 47: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I just finished it Barbra, I agree wanted to smack Tohr and wanted to like the bad guys.

message 48: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Finished Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram

message 49: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2644 comments Finished Darkness Revealed (Guardians of Eternity, #4) by Alexandra Ivy Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman Heat Stroke (Weather Warden, #2) by Rachel Caine The Huntress And The Sphinx (Xena, Warrior Princess Ser.) by Ru Emerson Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1) by Ellen Connor

Currently reading Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2) by Janet Evanovich