Start by marking “Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2)

Wicked Business

(Lizzy & Diesel #2)

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  33,599 ratings  ·  2,802 reviews
Whether it’s monkey business, funny business or getting down to business, Janet Evanovich's Lizzy and Diesel series proves that there's no business like Wicked Business

Lizzy Tucker's once normal life as a pastry chef in Salem, Massachusetts, turns upside down as she battles both sinister forces and an inconvenient attraction to her unnaturally talented but off-limits partn

Hardcover, First Edition, 299 pages
Published June 19th 2012 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Business

·  33,599 ratings  ·  2,802 reviews

Start your review of Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2)
Alice
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I think I've reached the point where I just have to overlook certain things in JE's books.
Things like: the last line of this book is a line that originally appeared in a Stephanie Plum novel. She has done that in the Plum series also; the same line will appear in 2 books. Things like: this series is the same formula as the Plum series & there isn't really enough of a difference to pull it off well. So I overlooked these things & enjoyed Wicked Business. I lol a few times & even liked Carl, the
Barbara
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was ok

In this 2nd book in the 'Lizzy and Diesel' series, the duo are hunting for the magic Luxuria stone. The book can be read as a standalone.

****

In the Lizzy and Diesel books, the main characters have special abilities that they use to search for stones infused with dark magic. In this book Lizzy and Diesel are in a race against Diesel's no-good cousin Gerwulf to find the Luxuria Stone, which induces lust.

Gerwulf's goal is to collect all the magic stones, which would apparently give him g
Tina
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a Paranormal Fantasy, and this is the 2nd book in the Lizzy and Diesel series. I have to say this is a weird, but fun series. They are quick reads and funny. I love listening to Janet Evanovich books by audiobooks, and that is how I read this book. I also read will listen to book 1 in this series and I review it. (*)
Claudette
Jun 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Just like the Plum series, with some name changes and a little supernatural nonsense thrown in.

LIzzie = Stephanie and she's pretty much the same character. She makes cupcakes instead of being an incompetent bounty hunter, but apart from that, she's much the same. Talks a good game, but always needs a man to bail her out of trouble.

Wulf = Ranger (dark and mysterious)

Diesel - Morelli (sexy and a lawman)

Glo = Lula

Clara = Connie

Blown-up cars

Naked men in the bed.

Which one(s) will she end up sleeping
Kathy Davie
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Second in the Lizzie and Diesel humorous romantic suspense series revolving around a group of extraordinary beings---the Unmentionables. Based in Salem, Massachusetts. In this story, they're after the Luxuria stone, the stone of lust.

Diesel is a secondary character from the Stephanie Plum series. We were first introduced to him in Visions of Sugar Plums .

My Take
Well. It is consistent. It's just as light, fluffy, and nothing as the first book, Wicked Appetite . It might even be too light fo
Barbara ★
I absolutely love this series...cupcake baker turned sleuth, Lizzy is funny as hell and Diesel is to-die-for sexy. The antics they get up to are just too much and their "crew" are just hysterical. We have Gloria "Glo", the counter girl at the bakery, who is a wizard-wanna-be and always trying potions on anyone requiring magical assistance and travels with her manly Broom. We have Carl, Diesel's pet monkey who's forever giving people the finger. We have Cat 7143, Lizzy's shelter cat who seems mor ...more
Crystie
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it
This was better than the first Lizzy and Diesel book, but still not one of my favorite books. It was okay.

The thing is, I like paranormal books. There are a lot of great paranormal series out there. Harry Dresden, Rachel Morgan, Kate Daniels - and more. This book was funny, but not very well written. Kinda like the Stephanie Plum books. Wait, make that exactly like the Stephanie Plum books.

Lizzie is Stephanie. Diesel is a combination of Ranger and Morelli (sexy and flirty but he doesn't try to h
Jessica
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
SPOILERS... Kinda

Don't waste your time. If you enjoyed the characters from the first book in this series then you may enjoy this one, but honestly it was weak writing and terrible sentence structure. I honestly read this one because of the characters, Diesel and Wulf, from her Plum series, but even her strongest characters bored me in this book. She had an okay action sequence at the end and I guess the only real thing I loved about this book was Wulf's character change at the end. I hope to see
Erica
Seriously, these books, they're ridiculous.
I don't recommend reading them all in a row. It's just too much.

You: "You just read two in a row and have started on a third."
Me: "...yeah...I know..."
You: "And you gave this one three stars."
Me: sheepish"...yeah...I know..."
You: "What the hell is wrong with you?
Me: shrugs

Ok, so I do really like the female friendship thing going on in here. And the pastries. I like those. And the cat. The cat is great. Also the monkey.
I really don't know why I'm reading
Jalyn
Brief summary
Lizzy and Diesel are after the Luxuria, or Lust, stone in this book. Hot on their heels is Hatchet. Wulf is a mysterious as usual. There is a new Unmentionable looking for the stone this time and she makes Wulf look normal.

What I liked
There was a lot more going on in Wicked Business than there was in Wicked Appetite. Lizzy and Diesel are all over the place looking for clues to the Luxuria stone. And I liked seeing a nice side to Wulf in this book. I hope we see that again.

What I di
Jim
Fun, light, & totally worthless- a very good break from reality. An interesting magical adventure with no sex because that might cause them to lose their powers, so there is a lot of frustration & innuendo. And there's a beat up old tom cat & a monkey not to mention fun human characters. I don't know how Clara stands her employees or manages to make any money, but that's quite beside the point. ...more
Beth
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun book. I needed a laugh. I know Evanovich is totally formula driven but sometimes, when I need a laugh, the books are fun to read. It's a plus it's paranormal and also local to me.

It irritates me to no end that she continued the same guy/romance formula that trashed her other series in this book. The bad boy (Wulf), good guy (Diesel) triangle thing is not only totally seethrough but annoying as hell.

I mean her other series (Stephanie Plum) is like 10 books over the expiration date because s
Vishakha Motwani
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
One fantastic and fun, just keeps a wrinkle less flow from first book to the second.
The basic plot is the same, wolf looking for Saligia stones Lizzy & Diesel trying to avoid it. Glo sort of becomes a sidekick to this couple in this book so I get to listen more of Glo.
I'm definitely looking forward to reading the 3rd book.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Another okay read (listen). The narrator added more. She’s awesome. Lizzie is better than Stephanie Plum by far. And the reason these two can’t do the deed is solid and not annoying. However, it’s an okay read. Nothing stellar. Thank god Glow only did her witchy a little. I think it’s supposed to add humor, but only got eye rolls from me. Only one more and from the library, so I’ll push on. Btw, this is unlike me as I normally root for first eligible guy presented, but I’m liking Wolf more and m ...more
mlady_rebecca
There is no one like Janet Evanovich for light easy humorous reads with quirky beloved characters. Even the "bad guys" are not so bad. While Wulf and Hatchet are working at cross purposes to Lizzy and Diesel, they take turns saving each other's lives. Guess that's a family thing, as Diesel and Wulf are supposed to be cousins. I'm not sure if that is first cousins or distant cousins.

For those not big on paranormal, there isn't enough weirdness to drive you away from the story. It's more like a s
Stéphanie
As a huge fan of the Stephanie Plum novels (I promise, it has nothing to do with the fact that I share the same name with the main character), I was overjoyed a couple years ago when I heard Janet Evanovich was coming out with a paranormal series. To combine the wit and the comedy of Stephanie Plum with paranormal stuff, it had the makings of a great series. To tell you the truth, I was satisfied with the first installment but this sequel, WICKED BUSINESS, left me a bit disappointed.

Don’t get me
Sjensen
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just picked up the book and as I always do with any Janet Evanovich book, I dove in ready to spend the next couple hours with a book glued to my hands.
I read the first few pages and felt like I have read this before.
As I continued I kept thinking....."havent I read this before".
As a rule of thumb I LOVE all of Janets books, however I cant seem to get past the first few chapters...the monkey the vampire guy who leaves his handprints in flesh....nothing different thus far.

I realize in the Stephani
Shadow
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this series, but I'm feeling quite a bit let down. It's so predictable and well, boring. I can usually read a Janet Evanovich book in about two hours (I've been reading her for almost twenty years, I now realize it is out of devotion not because she's written anything wonderful in over ten years), but this took me over a week.

The characters are one dimensional, the plot is trite and the writing itself is uninspired. I think she's taken the formula failsafe too far and she's
Judy D Collins
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spent a lot of wasted money on the audio - bad! I did not like this one or Wicked Appetite. Janet needs to stick to Stephanie Plus Series - this is boring!

Lizzy Tucker’s once normal life as a pastry chef in Salem, Massachusetts, turns upside down as she battles both sinister forces and an inconvenient attraction to her unnaturally talented but off-limits partner, Diesel.

When Harvard University English Professor and dyed-in-the wool romantic Gilbert Reedy is mysteriously murdered and thrown off
Margaret
This is a light humourous read. Lizzy and Diesel get into some interesting situations as they search for the second saligia stone.
Drew Constance
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it

Quick thoughts: Entertaining, Mysterious and Fast paced.

If you're looking for a quick, fast paced, dialogue heavy, quirky crime comedy then I would recommend you check out the Wicked Series. Book two, Wicked Business was packed with hilarity, secrets, betrayal, delicious sounding cup-cakes and adventure.

The two main characters romance continued to progress in this book and I really liked the last line as I felt it wrapped up their progressing relationship wonderfully. Of course I have my favour
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I think I really need to give this up. I keep doing it to myself. I had already complained when I read the first book in this series that this was just a supernatural version of the Stephanie Plum series. As in the characters seemed to be the same just with different names, the plots had only changed the bounty hunter for the supernatural but still had the same feel to them.

WICKED BUSINESS is more of that, even though I will admit that maybe with the exc
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 4

In Dept

Best Part:
Monkey!
Worst Part: Plum is that you?
Thoughts Had: tisk tisk...

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Yah
Recommending: eh

Short Review: Book 1 was different enough compared to the Plum series but book two, i legit f
Amanda Patterson
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Lizzy was living a normal life baking cupcakes in Salem when she discovered she had a secret power to find enchanted relics. Lizzy wishes she didn’t have the power. Her life was far less complicated. Now she spends her time chasing after stones that have the power to destroy the world.
The delicious Diesel needs Lizzy to find the stones so that he can get them back to the ‘office’ for safekeeping. His evil cousin, Wulf, and his sidekick, Hatchet also want the stones. This caper continues where Wi
Lucy
I don't get the appeal of Evanovich, at least not through this book or the previous Lizzy/Diesel pairing. The sexual tension between them is more talked about than felt.
I do like the voices given by Lorelei King, especially Diesel's voice.
I still dislike Glo, who's too optimistic, not to mention oblivious, to be true. Every guy she meets is sure to be The One. She's equally sure that's she's going to be, maybe even is, a wizard. Although she never gets the spells right and always leaves out some
Marla
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
I kept forgetting to put down that I had read this book, which gives an indication about how I liked the book. =)

Enough with the monkey, I'm sick of the monkey! Actually I disliked Carl the monkey when he first appeared in the in-the-between the numbers Plum book so, to be fair, I was sick of him long before this book. =P On the plus side, I like that the books take place near Boston. I've been there only the once, but I can picture the places, like the Old North Church and the graveyard, better
Elaine
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
I don't know if Evanovich has lost is or she simply has one plot and doesn't move on. She used to be an author I ran out to buy, wanting to be one of the first to read the book. Now I wait on the hold list at the library and was BORED with this one. As always, a couple of funny lines, but just a "yawner". In fact, I thought the book was longer than it was...and but for the fact that there were no more words, I wouldn't have known the book was over...just one long same-same story.

I will continue
Charlotte
Aug 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This was terrible. It started out as any other Janet Evanovich book (quirky girl, quirky bff, two hot guys), but just went rapidly downhill. I didn't expect a challenging read, but this was just terrible writing combined with a terrible story.
It read like a first draft where the "scenes" still needed to be fleshed out. Lots of detailed descriptions of people, but the rest was awful. I don't know if her publisher was pushing to get it out NOW, and she was like "whatever, just remove the typos and
Erin L
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, pi
Review of the audiobook

It's been awhile since I read the first in this series so a lot of this was a refresher. As with any Evanovich novel, there is a lot of silly humor in this one. I'm not complaining about that. Silly humor is great and it often made me smile or chuckle quietly as I listened.

But in the end, it is a Janet Evanovich book and cars are destroyed in balls of fire. I can't even complain about this now. I'm almost waiting for it to happen.
Boring 20 110 Jan 12, 2018 04:47PM
Will there be more? 13 263 Aug 13, 2017 03:12PM
Janet Evanovich B...: Wicked Business ebook $1.99! And fan sweepstakes! 1 10 May 07, 2015 10:32AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Wicked Business 1 3 Dec 09, 2012 12:21PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Wicked Business 1 6 Jul 15, 2012 01:55PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Wicked Business 1 3 Jul 09, 2012 05:30AM

• Full House (Full #1)
  • Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich - Review Summary
  • Hero at Large
  • Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich -- Review
  • Foul Play
  • Tricky Twenty-Two: by Janet Evanovich
  • Wicked Charms: A Lizzy and Diesel Novel by Janet Evanovich - Summarized
  • Four to Score by Janet Evanovich Summary & Study Guide
  • Wicked Charms: by Janet Evanovich & Phoef Sutton (A Lizzy & Diesel Novel, Book 3) | Summary & Analysis
  • The Chase: A Novel (Fox and O'Hare) by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg -- Review
  • Big Girl Panties
  • Willy and Alvirah: Collection of #1 Bestselling Short Stories
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Doggone Dead (The 2 Sisters Pet Valet Mysteries #1)
  • The Total Package
  • Lemon Tarts & Stolen Hearts (Lovebird Café, #0.5)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • The Sweet Spot
Janet Evanovich is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum series, the Lizzy and Diesel series, twelve romance novels, the Alexandra Barnaby novels and Trouble Maker graphic novel, and How I Write: Secrets of a Bestselling Author, as well as the Fox and O'Hare series with co-author Lee Goldberg. ...more

Lizzy & Diesel (3 books)
  • Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1)
  • Wicked Charms (Lizzy & Diesel, #3)