Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Archive authors stuff > Authors Offering ARCs and Free Books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 193 (193 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (melc-j) If you're looking for interested readers and or reviewers for your books and have free copies or ARCs on offer - please post them in here. If you could follow a basic format like:

Book Name, Cover Image and a brief synopsis; along with the format of copies you are offering readers can get a good idea of what they can get.

For readers in the group accepting books, we just ask that they read and rate/review on Goodreads within a reasonable space of time.

Sound good? Who doesn't like free stuff or happy readers? :)

message 2: by Emily V, Head Mod (new)

Emily V (xemilyx) | 687 comments Mod
Ooo I love free stuff, I'm happy to accept any for review!

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 372 comments I thought I had already spammed my latest book in here. Here goes;

Shades of Grey is a collection of three short stories.

Shades of Grey by Michael Cargill

John is not a very nice man. He works for the government. So who has tied him to a chair and what do they want?

James is a British soldier during WWII. Tom is a young boy with a terrible secret.

Three stories. Three very different people. All of them battling to survive.

Any reviewers can download a free copy from here on Smashwords using the code below.

Code - NT88S

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (melc-j) Michael wrote: "I thought I had already spammed my latest book in here. Here goes;

John is not a very nice man. He wo..."
Man! I paid for my copy :) Am sure it will be worth every penny

message 5: by Sadie (last edited Aug 22, 2012 04:49AM) (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 47 comments Ooh, I love free stuff. Plus I have a book in need of reviews. Thanks for the opportunity Melanie.

The Weeping Empress is an action adventure/fantasy with some YA crossover appeal.

synopsis:
Chiyo Alglaeca was happy in her life. That is, until it was all taken away. Forced into notoriety, stalked by a mysterious cult, hunted by the emperor, and facing betrayal at every turn she clings to the only safety she can find: two enigmatic men and the sharp bringer of death, Salvation. The Weeping Empress explores the devastating effects of loss, the hunt for redemption, and the price of destiny. It questions the true meaning of evil and asks what monster is not also an innocent?

The Weeping Empress by Sadie S. Forsythe

If interested in reading it feel free to email me at Sadie@sadieforsythe.com and let me know what format you prefer and where to send it.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (melc-j) Sadie wrote: "Ooh, I love free stuff. Plus I have a book in need of reviews. Thanks for the opportunity Melanie.

The Weeping Empress is an epic fantasy with some YA crossover appeal.

synopsis:..."
No problem - your book looks great and reviews have been good - I'm looking forward to reading it

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 372 comments A paying customer? By golly I should get you stuffed and put on a mantelpiece.

message 8: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 47 comments Michael wrote: "I thought I had already spammed my latest book in here. Here goes;

John is not a very nice man. He wo..."

I just added it to my to-read list.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (melc-j) Michael wrote: "A paying customer? By golly I should get you stuffed and put on a mantelpiece."

That would be fine as long as I get put in a good pose - something artful and bookish :)

message 10: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 10 comments Morning all! I'm doing a paperback giveaway on GR at the moment for Book 1 of my children's series: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...
Would love some more reviews, so if anyone would like a copy emailed sooner, do let me know.
Book 2 is now available if anyone would like to review that as well;)
Thanks for this thread, Melanie!

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (melc-j) Nicola wrote: "Morning all! I'm doing a paperback giveaway on GR at the moment for Book 1 of my children's series: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...
Would love some more re..."

No problem Nicola :)

Anyone out there looking at this - I've read Alice's Metamorphosis - it's a great middle-grade read, so take this chance to get yourself a copy - my review is up on Goodreads

message 12: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (melc-j) Surely there must be more authors out in Goodreads world looking for lovely readers for their books?

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Melanie wrote: "Surely there must be more authors out in Goodreads world looking for lovely readers for their books?"

Me, me! :)
Lost Princess The Journey Home by Julie Rainey

Synopsis: Eighteen years after two caring strangers decide to take her in, Anne must face the harsh reality that everything in her life has been a complete and utter fabrication. With the help of her friend and Protector, she sets out on a journey back home, to planet she never even knew existed. Will she be able to defeat the terrifying evil that awaits her and uncover the truth about what's really happening there before it's too late?

I have books available in mobi and pdf.

Thanks!

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 1 comments Hello to all you authors out there!
I would love to review ARC Young Adult/Fantasy novels...
Here is my blog where I have reviewed other novels:

http://bookomatic.blogspot.com.au/

message 15: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 372 comments I think Julie's book in the post above yours is fantasy actually. She is a bit shy though, you might have to prod her or something.

I believe Sadie's book is fantasy as well actually.

message 16: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Michael wrote: "I think Julie's book in the post above yours is fantasy actually. She is a bit shy though, you might have to prod her or something.

I believe Sadie's book is fantasy as well actually."

It's kind of sci-fi and fantasy mixed together. I will check out the website, no need to prod. :)

message 17: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Forsythe | 47 comments Daniel wrote: "Hello to all you authors out there!
I would love to review ARC Young Adult/Fantasy novels...
Here is my blog where I have reviewed other novels:

http://bookomatic.blogspot.com.au/"

Yep mine is an epic fantasy, and while not initially YA it seems to have been kidnapped by the genre. I'll PM you Daniel.

message 18: by Nicola (last edited May 13, 2012 03:35PM) (new)

Nicola Palmer | 10 comments I should have added, apart from that giveaway, that I always have free copies for review! Mobi or pdf, Books 1 and 2.

I write fantasy adventure for children/adults.

Alice Parker and the Mind Magician

Alice Parker's Metamorphosis

nicolapalmerwriter@gmail.com

message 19: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) Michael wrote: "I thought I had already spammed my latest book in here. Here goes;

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James

John is not a very nice man. He works for t..."

I've just added and downloaded your book to read, I'm excited :)

message 20: by P (last edited Jun 11, 2012 02:05AM) (new)

P  Roy (P_Roy) | 43 comments Hello, I request a review for my latest book 12 Precious Anecdotes from Life. It is a novella, 29k words approx, a collection of 12 short stories.

Goodreads link for the book : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

Genre: Contemporary Fiction with a touch of adventure, inspiration, intrigue and some supernatural elements in a couple of stories.

I have a mobi format of the book with me and I can send it to you if you wish to review my book. My contact id : p.mukh823@gmail.com

Synopsis : 12 short stories that set the ball of fate rolling on the court of life. Meet Samantha, John, Amy, uncle Ben and an octogenarian amongst a dozen other faces who share their anecdotes through this book.

What do they have in common? Successful and interesting people from a diverse background, their paths cross with Anita Maher. This sets off a cascade of events that compels everyone to look back at their own lives. How is Anita affected? Other people too seem to bump into Anita all of a sudden . Does life want to convey a message to all?

12 heartfelt anecdotes from their lives kept a secret all this while, only to be revealed to Anita, when time seems limited and many ventures still left unexplored. Does life give a second chance? Find out in this book which shares their exploits and adventures through their intriguing and engaging vignettes on life.

Thank you :)

Roy

message 21: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 22 comments I'm happy to offer a review copy in ePub or Kindle format to anyone who wants to read and review Dragon Fate. PM me, J.D. Hallowell, here on Goodreads and I'll email you a copy.

Dragon Fate by J.D. Hallowell

Dragon Fate is a heroic fantasy adventure in the classic tradition of the genre.

Delno Okonan is a young former soldier eager to put the swords and strife of war behind him, when a chance encounter leaves him inextricably entwined in a tangled web of dragons, magic, and intrigue, as he struggles to find his place among dragons and men, and stave off a plot by renegade dragon riders that threatens all he now holds dear.

message 22: by Buck (new)

Buck Tanner (BuckTanner) | 8 comments Hey! Who wants to read about having sex with vampires...FOR FREE?

Vampire Sex

Vampire Sex (Buck Tanner's FAQs, #1) by Buck Tanner

This book will walk you through every frequently asked question about going on an erotic tour of Transylvania, such as...

-- What if my vampire bites me?
-- Shouldn't this tour be in Forks, Washington?
-- Why can't my vampire get an erection?

This is an ebook, so send me a PM and I'll email you an Amazon gift certificate so you can buy it. It's a pretty sweet arrangement.

Do you have to review? It would be nice, but I won't hold you to it. I just want to make you laugh. I'm a people pleaser.

message 23: by Blakely (new)

Blakely (bchorpenning) | 9 comments I have two books that I would love to give away in digital form:

Frayed (released December 2011) is an adult urban fantasy novella. When a deadly faction begins abducting supernatural teens for excruciating experiments, Fray, a leopard shapeshifter, and a crew of unlikely allies must rescue them before they are dissected alive. Her most shocking discovery: Everyone's human. At least a little...

I am also offering free ARCs of 'Souled Out' (Debuting July 5th 2012), a new adult/16+ ya novel. Ell Clyne is lost living someone else’s life. But reading souls to save the fate of a loved one seemed like a fair trade. At first. The lie has cost Ell her family, her future, her very soul. Now the secret is out and the vampires want answers. This is the story of a girl who isn’t a superhero or a badass, but manages to fight for her place in a cold-blooded world regardless of the pain caused by that empty space where her soul should be.

If anyone is interested in both or one of these titles, please message me on goodreads or email me at blakelychorpenning@yahoo(.)com and I will gladly send you a copy. Thank you!

message 24: by Bella (new)

Bella Street (bellastreet) | 2 comments I have a 'gothic romance' series called Apocalypse Babes and the first is now FREE for Kindle, Nook, and via Smashwords. Also, if you review my book where you bought it from, and let me know, I'll send you the next book free. :)

BLURB: The Z Word, follows Seffy Carter and her longtime friends Gareth, Addison and Lani. The four besties share a past dysfunctional and dark enough to keep them bound together under do-over identities. But like off-brand, velour, rends develop in their relationships from the flesh-eating pressures of ending up in 1980, in a Montana desert, surrounded by zombies wearing dated disco duds.

The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes #1) by Bella Street

message 25: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (mermaidkelsey) That book sounds so good!

message 26: by Bella (new)

Bella Street (bellastreet) | 2 comments Thanks, Kelsey! :)

message 27: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Pollard | 1 comments I have a business book to giveaway, hard copy autographed, any biz book readers here?

Extreme Trust: Honesty as a Competitive Advantage. Good book that talks about how business have to change and become more transparent.

Interested in reading and reviewing it, let me know.

message 28: by K.R. (new)

K.R. | 2 comments Now this I have to read, please let me know how to get a free copy and I'll review it. Thanks!

Buck wrote: "Hey! Who wants to read about having sex with vampires...FOR FREE?

Vampire Sex

Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister

This book will walk you through every frequently asked question about going on an eroti..."

message 29: by Buck (new)

Buck Tanner (BuckTanner) | 8 comments Ramona

Hey! Thanks for your interest in the book. Please send me a PM and we'll figure out how to get you a free copy.

Buck

message 30: by Kelly (last edited Jun 21, 2012 06:38PM) (new)

Kelly | 19 comments I would really love to get some reader feedback on my manuscript before I publish it. I would really like to make sure I am putting my best foot forward before I decide if I want to look into self publishing or not. (regardless I know it will need more editing before being publication ready.)

In a medieval world comprised of three waring kingdoms as different from each other as the families that rule them, Emariya Warren is unique in being a daughter of not one but two of the ruling families. Her mother, murdered while Emariya and her brother watched, came from the seagoing land of Sheas in hopes of bringing peace.

After learning her father has been captured, Emariya makes the desperate decision to follow in her mother's ill-fated footsteps and marry the prince of Thalmas, Torian Ahlen. But when Emariya discovers the secrets of the three families and a ominous prophecy warning the three bloodlines must never be combined, she begins to fear the handsome prince waiting for her may have had a dangerous motive all along.

Cornerstone features a strong supporting cast of companions such as Jessa, Emariya's handmaiden and friend who believes to strongly in right and wrong with no room for anything in between to Garith, the lovable best friend that every girl needs, who loves her unconditionally without any misconception that she could ever be his.

If you would be interested in reading my novel and giving me true and honest feedback, please let me know. I can provide it in kindle format as well as epub, word or pdf. Please let me know which it is you would prefer.

Also, if it is going to be ranked like 50th on your to be read list, maybe this project isn't for you.

Additional disclosure - While Cornerstone is technically a YA fantasy it does have some mild language at times as well as an implied sexual encounter. It comes in at about 87k words.

message 31: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Lamperd | 28 comments Read my short story, Oranges are the Bitter Fruit, on www.authorsden.com/laurellamperd
A teenager has an older man for a mentor. He discovers the older man has his problems too. Cheers

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Knauss (jessicaknauss) | 6 comments Kelly wrote: "I would really love to get some reader feedback on my manuscript before I publish it. I would really like to make sure I am putting my best foot forward before I decide if I want to look into self ..."
Kelly, please send me a Kindle copy. I'm a professional editor, publisher, and a writer, and your book sounds like my cup of tea! AlfonsoXelSabio at gmail. Thanks!

message 33: by Brent (last edited Jul 01, 2012 07:20AM) (new)

Brent McCay (bmac3130) | 13 comments I am looking for people to read my published (ebook only) book. "Confessions of a Heretic: How a Right Wing, Fundamentalist, Conservative Pastor Became a Leftist, Liberal Heathen"

I will e-mail twenty Microsoft Word or PDF copies of the book to interested people. I only ask that if you like the book, you please write a positive review on one of the major book distributor websites. I do not want any false reviews, but if you don't like it I simply ask that you not write a review at all.

Here is the link to my book on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Her...

If you do read the book and write a positive review, let me know. I will enter your name into a drawing for a signed loose-leaf copy of the original manuscript.

Also if my book makes it into the top 5,000 or above in Kindle sales I will donate ten percent of all profits to whichever charity my twitter followers choose.

If you are interested and would like to read my book for free, contact me on this site, at my e-mail (bmac3130@yahoo.com), on Twitter, or on Facebook.

Also, if you have a manuscript you would like me to read, pleas feel free to contact me as well. I will be willing to read one manuscript every two weeks.

Best of luck to all of you in your literary ventures! :)

message 34: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 19 comments Jessica wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I would really love to get some reader feedback on my manuscript before I publish it. I would really like to make sure I am putting my best foot forward before I decide if I want to l..."

I just sent you an email, thanks!

message 35: by Brent (new)

Brent McCay (bmac3130) | 13 comments I would be sending the whole book (if this is addressed to me) unless someone would prefer a sample. If this is not addressed towards me, doh! :)

message 36: by Miles (new)

Miles Gentry (miles_gentry) | 12 comments Hi All,

My name is Miles Gentry and my new release Spontaneous Combustion: Enlightenment and the Cosmic Crucible is in the religion/spirituality genre. More specifically, the book explores religious myth, the Christian mysteries, metaphysics, gnosticism, alchemy, and even Bible prophecy. If you are interested in these topics, you will certainly find this an interesting (and perhaps enlightening) read.

I am currently seeking reviews, and would be happy to give free copies (PDF or Mobi.) to those interested.

Spontaneous Combustion Enlightenment and the Cosmic Crucible by Miles Gentry

message 37: by Missy (last edited Jun 28, 2012 05:15PM) (new)

Missy LaRae (missylarae) | 6 comments http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P152ZA

My book The Sword and The Prophet will be free on Amazon until the 2nd of July.

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Knauss (jessicaknauss) | 6 comments This is the final day my historical story about love and friendship will be available on Amazon for FREE. Please snatch it up while you can -- get several copies!-- and let's see if we can get it into the top ten! Thank you for your support! http://www.amazon.com/The-Abencerraje...

message 39: by Twila (new)

Twila Godinez (twilagodinez) | 4 comments My book is available free on Amazon today and tomorrow. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Dear Diary: Teaching Students to Love Journaling

message 40: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Parker | 7 comments My eBook, Life is A Review: Observations and Collections of My Passages Through the Times,
will be free on Amazon Monday July 2

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Review-Obs...

message 41: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Greenfield (AutumnGreenfield) | 6 comments My book will be available until July 7th free on Kindle:

http://tinyurl.com/87qqmbq

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 10 comments Hi, I am looking for reviews for my novel Other Systems published by 48fourteen.

It's hard science fiction set in the far future about a failing human colony on the planet Kipos, time dilation, a space explorer who wants grandkids and a young woman who is going to lose everything to travel 94 light years away from home.
This book was written for adults, though since Abby-the young woman I just referred to above-is 17-19 in the book there is some YA cross over for older teens.

Other Systems by Elizabeth Guizzetti

I have three ebook formats, pdf, epub, and mobi. Please shoot me a direct message and I will send you the book.

Thanks, Elizabeth

message 43: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Askew (rjaskew) | 23 comments Something v different check this out >>

http://snd.sc/LBFp1f

if you like hit on:

Watching Swifts

*bows*

message 44: by P (new)

P  Roy (P_Roy) | 43 comments FREE DOWNLOAD Today July 19 : 12 Precious Anecdotes from Life
12 Precious Anecdotes from Life by Payal Roy

Download free from all Amazon Stores on July 19, 2012 :

US Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/Precious-Anecdo...

UK Amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0087OXSS2
France Amazon : http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0087OXSS2
Germany Amazon : http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0087OXSS2

Blurb : This summer, take a journey into the fictitious world of 12 people who happen to cross their paths suddenly with a common friend in 12 different scenarios.
They share some riveting tales with their common friend, tales that reveal some precious secrets, that have changed their lives forever. Choices, hope, sorrow, doubt, faith , intrigue, drama and a lot more amongst the pages as the characters are unravelled one by one. What do they share and why do they share? To know, read this Free ebook today.

message 45: by Lakshmi (new)

Lakshmi Menon (lex123) | 16 comments Today is the last day for free download of my short story book - a book of 3 touching short stories.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00722ZOGY

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's a free book for a brief but intimate journey to Paris and other European cities:

Mindful Journeys

Available at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

I hope you enjoy it. I did this one for the pleasure of it.

message 47: by Michael (new)

Michael Morris | 6 comments Actually, three of my books are free on Smashwords until the end of July (though I am considering leaving them free for longer) as part of their Summer/Winter sale.

Quick is a collection of short stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Walking in Circles and Making Rounds are short volumes of poetry. The first contains some of my early poems. The second is a tanka sequence.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Thanks much.
mnm

message 48: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Coones | 7 comments I have three free works. Two short stories and a preview of an upcoming anthology, check'em out.

The People Circus
Sons of the Wolf
Absolom Rex: At Ages End (Preview)

Please feel free to rate them!

message 49: by P (new)

P  Roy (P_Roy) | 43 comments Hello, thank you for setting up this thread!

If anyone wishes to review this ebook: genre - Poetry-nature and friendship coloured with nature photographs from my various travels across Europe :

MEMOIRS:THE SOULFUL RECOLLECTION Friendship and Life

Smashwords Link- Special August Offer : With Smashwords coupon DU75H , get this colourful poetry ebook at only $0.99 / 99 cents, save 50%
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 50: by Michael (new)

Michael Morris | 6 comments Michael wrote: "Actually, three of my books are free on Smashwords until the end of July (though I am considering leaving them free for longer) as part of their Summer/Winter sale.

Quick is a collection of short ..."

I hope it is okay to reply to my own message, but I thought I would add that these three books are still free. I just decided to leave them free for awhile. Thanks to any willing readers.

« previous 1 3 4