UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Please introduce yourself here - March 2012 (part 1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 466 (466 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Welcome to the Goodreads UK Kindle Group. We are a friendly lot here and there is something for everyone.

Please start by adding a post to our ‘Introduce Yourself ‘ thread. We are a nosey lot and would love to know who you are, what you like to read (and write), where you live and what you drink, eat, wear and grow.

This thread meanders off-topic quite a bit but as soon as a new member comes along our friendly but bonkers members soon appear to give you a warm welcome.

Of course you don’t have to introduce yourself if you prefer. You could head off to Meet The Authors, check out our monthly book selections. check out the New releases or play some Group Games
Even if you don’t feel ready to post something you are most welcome to sit back and watch the fun.

This forum is very lightly moderated (hardly noticeable), occasionally we will ask you to keep a particular thread on topic and we have a few simple rules about author threads and new releases.

There are plenty of ebook related threads, a wine discussion and a place to share your musical taste.

If you have any problems you can post questions on the threads, someone will come along and help. If you would rather not ask your question publicly by all means send a personal message (PM) to Patti or myself and we will try to help.

The plan is to clear the Introductions thread monthly to see if it makes things a bit easier for new members. Old Introductions can be found in the archive.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've not mentioned this in a while...

To make navigating the group a bit easier, why not use the 'unread topics' function?

You'll find the link over there on the right>>>> just under the search box.

Click it and you'll get a list of all the threads with new posts. Click the red 'new' and you'll be taken to the newest posts on the thread. Once you've read through all the threads that interest you, click it again and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you'll find a 'mark all as read' link. Click that and you'll then only see threads with new posts in the future.

message 3: by Stella (new)

Stella Deleuze (stelladeleuze) | 19 comments I think I'm already lost. Introduced myself yesterday and can't find it anywhere. lol Wonderful.

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments You are in the February introductions Stella. We have to have a monthly clear-out (though it's in the archive, not gone forever) becasue the thread gets so long and confusing for new members.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul (latepaul) Oooh shiny new intro thread. *waits* to say hi to people...

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Hi Stella, welcome.

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Hi Stella! Sorry I missed the original one!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Hello Stella, you must have posted just at the very end of the thread. Not to worry, you're here now.

Welcome to the mad wonderland.

message 9: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hi Stella,looking forward to getting to know you.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Sorry Stella, I chopped you off in your prime. I thought most of the new members had passed along when I moved the Feb Intros.

Welcome to the group.

message 11: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Hello Stella :o)

message 12: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Hello:))
Ellie here.....looking forward to good reads nd pleasant friendships
take care....

message 13: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Hi Ellie !

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hi Ellie :-)

message 15: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Hello namesame-with-i!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Welcome Ellie!

message 17: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hello Ellie,pleased to meet you!

message 18: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Hi Ellie, welcome to the friendliest forum in town!

message 19: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Welcome ellie. There's plenty of friendships to go around here!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Hello Ellie and welcome. BTW, we are not in a town. We are far more cosmopolitan than that.

message 21: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Fair enough - welcome to the friendliest forum in the Cosmos!

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan (susielily) | 469 comments Hello Stella and Ellie! I'm the only sane one here!

message 23: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments That is totally my line!

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Well you are both telling porkies as not one of us here is sane!!!

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Ignite wrote: "Fair enough - welcome to the friendliest forum in the Cosmos!"

You see Ignite, you are still limiting us!

message 26: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Got to have boundaries - or what can you push against?

message 27: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker | 69 comments Emma officially rocks!!! wrote: "Well you are both telling porkies as not one of us here is sane!!!"

Hi I'm Jo,

It's good if you say your not sane. It's the people who think their sane that you have to watch out for. I'm perfectly sane btw.

In the rules it says no cute puppies. I have to ask, why no cute puppies? Are we allowed ugly ones instead? I can't be doing with a group that discriminates against puppies altogether.

message 28: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Hi Jo!!

message 29: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Hi Jo and welcome !

night night everyone !

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I didn't know there was a rule about cute puppies! We'll have to have a word with our moderators about this!! SIMON!!!!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments *meow*

Ok, perhaps rule two was a bit harsh.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments definitely. Take it out and you'll get some nice fishies.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hmmm. I didn't notice the addition of the second rule.

Methinks I need to put a muzzle on our cat.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments He's misbehaving quite a bit at the moment, I think we need to give him a good talking to.

message 35: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments I don't even know what you are talking about

message 36: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker | 69 comments Well if the cat's hijacking you, I think you'll need to go the route of password protecting everything. But I have to warn you, cats are notoriously good with a mouse.
They can hack anything, they just want you to think they're lying on the keyboard for warmth.

message 37: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hi Jo,I'm Sarah owner of the cutest puppy ever,Simon tried to confiscate her but didn't succeed,this is his latest attempt to acquire her.
Welcome to our wee corner of madness,what do you like to read?

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Good morning Jo. It seems Sarah has beaten me to the insanity warning, ah well. It sounds like you have all the key attributes for increasing our levels of barminess. Welcome.

message 39: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Hi Jo and welcome. Pull up a floor and get stuck in!

message 40: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker | 69 comments Thanks for the warm welcome and for the warning, it's nice to finally meet a group where insanity is a requirement, not a detriment.

I think Sarah, that there is only one solution to prevent Simon from trying to steal the cutest puppy in the world ever. I'm afraid you'll have to clone her. You can make her slightly less cute if it makes you feel any better.

As for what I like to read, I like to read pretty much anything. Although I have not and do not really wish to delve into romance or vampire romance, (unless it's the best romance/ vampire romance book ever). I'm pretty open for any suggestions, especially if anyone can suggest any steampunk lit.

message 41: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I'm with you on the vampire front though a wee bit romance I can live with if part of a good horror or thriller. Have you had a look at the Group books for the month? we read any that take our fancy than discuss them from the middle of the month.There are lots of recommendations further down the page,you are sure to find something to your liking. I'll put the kettle on and look out the 'tea cosy' you may be gone for a while.

message 42: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments When am I going to get another vampire fan >:(

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments There, there, Elle. Where did you buy your last vampire fan from? Have they stopped stocking them? Mind you, I never realised you could make a fan out of a vampire. ;)

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan (susielily) | 469 comments Welcome Jo. I'm the sane one. They're comming to take me away ha ha.....

message 45: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) wrote: "There, there, Elle. Where did you buy your last vampire fan from? Have they stopped stocking them? Mind you, I never realised you could make a fan out of a vampire. ;)"

Hilarious Geoff!!

message 46: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker | 69 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "When am I going to get another vampire fan >:("

I haven't found a goodreads forum that isn't inundated with vamp fans. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a vamp tale, I like Bram stoker after all. And Van Helsing. I love a good action tale. I'm just disinterested in the new vamp romance craze that's swept the world.

message 47: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments You have found one now.

And it's pretty much all I read (part from when I'm attempting to branch out which has been the last year or so in general)

message 48: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Barker | 69 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "You have found one now.

And it's pretty much all I read (part from when I'm attempting to branch out which has been the last year or so in general)"

It's ok, I forgive you ;p If you come across an action packed vamp book with none of the soppy stuff I'd be interested though.

Have just looked through some of the book suggestions in this group. Sooooo mannny books. Not one of them a romance :D! will have to browse in more than one sitting. Have just bought a free book. Bad Jo. too many things you should be reading already.
I think I'm going to like it here.

Sarah, you're right, have lots of tea, I'm gonna be a whiles.

message 49: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Glad you are enjoying yourself Jo!So many books so little time:@)

message 50: by Scottish (new)

Scottish Zoe | 3 comments Hi All
I'm Zoe - read almost anything!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.