What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Little witch who lived in woods with witch mother and wizard father

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 3 comments This book was pretty long despite the fact that it was a children's book. I believe the main character was a little girl named Nora and she lived in the woods with her father who was a wizard, and her mother who was a witch. The family would often be visited by a peddler who knew of their magic. There were illustrations in the book and it may have been written in the 1940s-50s. If you could please help me find this book, I would greatly appreciate it.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Lynda, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 3 comments Hi Lobstergirl, I still am! Haven't had any luck with this one.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Lynda--if you bump this once a month or so, so that it stays fresh (only way I can think of to describe it) in people's minds, you might finally find that certain, special someone who recognizes it.

message 5: by Nathalia (new)

Nathalia | 64 comments Is it by any chance "The Witch Family" by Eleanor Estes? (Though it was published later!)

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Witch Family is the click for Nathalia's suggestion.

message 7: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 3 comments Hi Nathalia, unfortunately that isn't the same story. However, it does sound like an interesting read!

message 8: by She (new)

She Reads | 110 comments Could it possibly be Little Witch by Anna Elizabeth Bennett?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Lynda, is it She's suggestion? Or have you given up looking?

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16836 comments The Witch-Child by Imogen Chichester? Although her name is Necromancy, not Nora.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
No response in 5 years. Moving to Abandoned.