Goodreads Developers discussion

questions > NoCover image

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karsten (new)

Karsten (strobaek) | 37 comments When I look at MyBooks on the web-page or using the iPhone app, I always get all the (thumbnail)images for the book covers.
When I try to use the API and request review/list.xml a lot of the books show nocover.jpg in the XML I get back.
Please advice.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian (bper) | 24 comments Our agreements with data providers at times prevent us from sharing book images in our API, even when we can show them on the website and in our own mobile apps. That is unlikely to change. Some images we will eventually get directly from publishers or uploaded by users. Those images we can share images for.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) We're working hard to get all of our images sourced from providers where we'd be free of this restriction.

message 4: by Gregg (new)

Gregg (greggmarshall) | 105 comments CML is using syndetics.com for their images, which seem to be orthogonal with your API availability (e.g. when you don't provide it, syndetics.com does, when they don't have it, often you do...).

message 5: by Karsten (last edited Mar 26, 2012 04:01AM) (new)

Karsten (strobaek) | 37 comments Amended my code so if novover.jpg is returned I look up the cover image on syndetics. Works quite nice.

message 6: by Marco (new)

Marco (zennaro) | 4 comments Unfortunatelly syndetics is not free.