This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate that I like a girl but I cant get enough courage to go up to her and ask her out.

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner then go to the bathroom and kill yourself.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Being rejected is better than not trying.

Servius  Heiner killing yourself is better then thinking about being rejected.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thing is, she's probably already imagined you asking her out. Girls do this with all their guy friends.

Let's hope that she has been preparing the "sure, Dean" routine and not the "letting you down easy" routine! I've been constructing one of the latter this week, unfortunately.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Woo-hoo! It's like Love Line.

Servius  Heiner before you do that dean I think you should know a little something about Montambo's past. Sure this all "sounds" like good advice, but really what do you KNOW about Montambo? She does not have a good track record in this department...

By the way how old are you? this seems like a pretty juvenile question to make a thread about.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

He doesn't know who he's talking to.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You're challenging Bunny Watson to trivia, which is a little funny to me. Forgive me, Dean.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I was thinking of you when I typed that, Seth. It wasn't aimed at you, but I knew it went against your belief system.

Servius  Heiner Donna, you will have to send him your flying bitch slap via private message he is no more.

Servius  Heiner That is what I thought, but modesty kept me from rubbing it in... Right Montambo.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

You know me too well, Bunny.

Servius  Heiner Stop with the nice! I can't handle another 3 weeks of this touchy feely crap!

I have developed an eye twitch...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry, Nick. That's they way that I'm evil. Everyone has their own style for evil. Mine is just a really successful one.

Servius  Heiner Conservative

Bush lover...

Your lies affect me in no way.

Servius  Heiner Wouldn't it be cool if Bush resigned tomorrow and Chaney took over for him...

And then next week He could resign and Condi could take over for him... Then Republicans would beat Obama to the big house heh!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

And hugs. C'mere, Big Guy!

message 18: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Woo Hoo! I get to correct Bunny! Not meaning to gloat or anything, it's just that i never thought i'd see the day. There were indeed two Harolds (sort of) involved in 1066 and all that. Harald Hardrada invaded from Norway, and Harold Godwinson rushed north to face him. Harold defeated Harald and rushed back to get an arrow in the eye (though depicted on the Bayeaux Tapestry, some historians think the arrow in the eye bit is metaphorical). I had not heard the "Harold the Hair" story before. Æthelred the Unready died in 1016 (that bit i had to look up).

I fully expect never to have another opportunity to correct Bunny. To never have? You know what i mean.

message 19: by Tracy (new)

Tracy ok, dean if you're still here, i have advice for you.

get the f over it. seriously. i have never met a guy who was looked down on or made fun of for asking a girl out and getting rejected (unless you're really, hopelessly socially retarded about it). if you're one of the few who has the balls to do it, then you will be worshipped. maybe not by her, of course, but for sure by the other guys who are all too scared to do it themselves.

also, don't do it in public! do NOT ask her when her friends are around. or when your friends are around. it just makes everyone act all awkward and weird, and does nobody any favors. plus, then you can make up the details later to make yourself feel better if she's a jerk about it.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Junior High sucks.

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Don't it though.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved junior high.

message 23: by Félix (last edited Dec 08, 2008 02:29PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah but Montambo loved it anyway.

{Don't you just hate it whe people do that? I mean no matter what you say, they always come back with, "Yeah but ....")

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's what it takes, I guess. For the rest of us it sucked.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! The school play! Choir. The school newspaper. Soccer and softball. School dances. Spin the bottle. Seven minutes in heaven. Football games. Diary of Anne Frank. Blazer-Mania. Bart Simpson. First bra. First hand up your shirt. Learning to type.

What's not to love about middle school?!

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) None of those things happened to me in Junior High! Except choir and the school play. Oh, and Anne Frank. I don't even know what Blazer-Mania is.

It SUCKED! SUCKED!!!!!! In 7th grade, I felt so bad for Meredith Peters because everyone was so mean to her so I started being nice to her and the other kids found out and so they stopped talking to me for a whole year! And then Meredith Peters moved away so I had nobody to talk to at all. It blew. Blew, blew, blew. I did think I was cool when I made the cheerleading squad in 8th grade, though. The euphoria lasted me through the start of high school, thank god!

message 27: by Starlight (new)

Starlight you guys are entertaining.

to me, middle school was just full of drama. leave it at that.

dean. just do it. maybe she likes you...some girls wait for a guy to ask them cuz they're to chicken to do it themselves.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Dean got kicked out, actually, because he was under 18. Strict policies here at THC!

Servius  Heiner Maybe I just have an itchy trigger finger but... starlight how old are you?

message 30: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments They do tend to give themselves away, don't they?

Servius  Heiner I don't know. Read through her post in the group... it is kind of a toss up.

message 32: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I don't know, her screen name suggests middle-aged professor of mathematics to me.

Servius  Heiner I think she is a mole. Too much youth showing in her comments. Verdict Busted.

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael Starlight sounds serious- no references to bizzaro clothing related manias or personal sexual encounters. I have her (here, I'm making the leap that no guy would go for a name like "Starlight"- sorry if I'm wrong) pegged for a professional woman of a middle age who is genuinely interested in helping this poor misguided (by this site, probably) and now ousted lad. Either that or she's a high school emo chick.

P.S. Middle School (Junior High for me) was a time of great highs (interpret that as you wish) and great lows. That may well be how it was for most non-Tambonians.

Jackie "the Librarian" Junior high was several circles of hell for me, but it's been nothing but up since then.
It makes a nice contrast to anything I'm unhappy about now.
"Eh, what's THAT compared to eighth grade! Nothing!"

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Um ... I assume you mean you became a teacher.

message 37: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) He's a cutie. Mine is my new grandson Joshua.

message 38: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen congratulations!

what fun!

I'd tell you my nephews name, but to be honest I'm not sure if I'm holding Noe or Paul.

Either way he's cute...and soft...and little...and warm.

and now, I'm headed home to do some laundry for the parents of the twins and hopefully get in some baby holding time before all is said and done.

goodnight.

message 39: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Thanks, Marie.

message 40: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I have a new nephew as well

description

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Uncle Dave!

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Awww, youz guyz. Such a snuggly group o' baby-lovers! This is awesome!

message 44: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Where's my drink?

message 45: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) It's...

Uh...

Oh my god! Look over there!!!!!!

*logs off while nobody's looking*

message 46: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I can't remember.

Jackie "the Librarian" Congratulations, Larry and Dave, for the additions to your families! Woot!

message 48: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Thank you.

message 49: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Thank you, Jackie.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.