Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Daughter of Time (After Cilmeri, #0.5)
This topic is about Daughter of Time
Serieses! > After Cilmeri - Series reorder

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dawn | 21 comments Hello,

Daughter of Time is marked as Book 3 in the series, when it is actually Book 1 (chronologically). This has lead to confusion by readers as they read them out of order. Series link: http://www.goodreads.com/series/64119...

The remaining order (Footsteps in Time & Prince of Time are in the proper order but should be #2 & #3 respectively).

I'm not dedicated enough to be a librarian, but I would kindly ask for this to be fixed.

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Footsteps in Time is labeled as Book 1 on Sarah Woodbury's website, and on the cover of the book. Prince of Time is similarly labeled as 2.

She has Daughter of Time marked as a Prequel and not with a number. The description also says it is a stand-alone novel written within the world of the series.

All that said, I've removed the #3 from Daughter of Time but left the others as #1 and #2. I've also make note of it being a prequel on the series page.

We generally go by the publication order of the series - unless an author has specifically stated there is a better order for them to be read in.

message 3: by Nenangs (new)

Nenangs | 469 comments or, you can create another series with note "in chronological order" and add "in publication order" to the existing series, as had been done to so many other serieses.

message 4: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I hate double series. :x lol

message 5: by Nenangs (new)

Nenangs | 469 comments Vicky wrote: "I hate double series. :x lol"

actually, me too :)

but some people do just that with one or another reasons, and it's accomodated. so...*shrug*

Dawn | 21 comments Thank both Vicky & Nenangs for the comments. I didn't realize it was marked as #3 on the author's site or that it was a pre-quel. Appreciate the attention to detail!!!