Start by marking “Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)

Prince of Time

(After Cilmeri #2)

Two teenagers catapulted back in time to alter history and save the medieval kingdom of Wales ...

David and his man-at-arms, Ieuan, find themselves alone and on the run from a company of English soldiers who've sworn vengeance for the recent death of their king. Meanwhile, Llywelyn lays on his deathbed from a traitor's arrow. And once again, it is David and Anna, and all
Published January 22nd 2011 by Sarah Woodbury

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Time

Start your review of Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)
Debbie
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Book 3 in this series dealt mainly with Meg's son David, or Daffyd as he became known. She takes a lot of liberty with history and creates her own reality that doesn't match what really happened in our world. I loved the characters Bronwen and Iuean in this one. Too many battles and too many characters and place names to keep straight. Definitely would have liked a printed out map for this one!
Donna
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the After Cilmeri series and I loved it just as much as the other books. This time David is trying to escape. With Ieuan wounded and nowhere to go, he tests his time travel theory by jumping off a cliff, Lucky for him, it worked and he is back in the 21st century.

Ieuan is awed by the technology he sees. He gets medical care like he has never seen or imagined. This is where Bronwen is introduced. Between two different time periods, David is a force to be reckoned with.

I really l
Fawn
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked Prince of Time even better than Footprints in Time. Again enjoyable. Great Characters, I loved the way the time travel was in a parallel universe. It was really interesting to compare the difference age makes in medieval time VS present time.
Very enjoyable for me!
Christy Hall-scheufele
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This series keeps getting better. Loved the idea of going back home and downloading weapon info and medical info and taking back to wales... Then using that info to change history. Love it.
Bluejay44
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An excellent read. Like all Sarah Woodbury's books, I do not want them to end yet cannot stop reading. They are such a marvelous blend of mediaeval life in Wales and time travel from our modern age.
Michell
Mar 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If only I could go back with David, Anna, Sarah and the rest. I was so happy to find that there was another book after Footsteps in Time. Just the right mix of valiant sword fights, adventure, threatened sabatoge, added to the strangeness of our modern day inventions showing up in the 13th century fight for Wales. LOVED it.
Jani
Jun 10, 2011 added it
Still reading, a little childish in that is again a book on time travel back to 12 century Wales, but I aqm enjoying this book. Finished it and I truly enjoyed it. It was a little sophamoric but still I love fantasy!
Terri Van Gulik
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this series. hopefully there will be more books to come
Elaine
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-woodbury
Excellent Series! A new author for me. Lots of history in this book. No love scenes if that is what you like. I really enjoyed this set of books.
Justine
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation of the story, with cool new character Bronwen. I can't get enough of this series!
Pam Engman
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I keep thinking once I finish a book that it will be enought but I can't seem to stop. Very addicting! I love the immagination and flow of the books
Christy Hilmas
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good conclusion to the series.
Malita Jones
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it

Was disappointed Marged and Llewelyn weren't in the story more, especially Marged. Why would an author practically omit such beloved characters from a series!?
Kathleen
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The final volume in the original After Cilmeri trilogy. I enjoyed this story as much as the others. I see that there are a zillion more, which I may or may not read. I bought the entire trilogy and the prequel (written later) through a Bookbub hot deal, and don't know if I will read further. But they are well-written with believable characters, interesting historical information and it's always fun to speculate what might have happened if certain historical characters had lived/died/gotten marri ...more
Sallie Young
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Century clash

The deeper I get into the story the more I'm becoming addicted to the character in this series. This time Prince David takes a knight with him to the 21 century. After returning "home" he helps his father, Prince Llewellyn, recover from his death bed. He introduces new ideas for weaponry. The worst loss was the death of his favored horse. And, sometimes, a man just needs his mother. Touching!
Jo
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I can't say enough good things about this series... the way she evokes time and place is nothing short of spooky. You'll be right there with the characters standing on the castle parapets and in the jousting lists, and the time travel element is 100 percent believable. You will love these characters and care what happens to them.

My #1 favorite time travel series.
Shellyann Foisia shaw
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Woodbury is becoming one of my new favorite authors. Her writing puts me right in the middle of Wales during the 13th century and oh my goodness I am loving every minute of it. The characters are real and it makes the reader feel as though something like this could be possible. So looking forward to reading the rest of the series!!
Diane
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
David ends up back in his original time and world with Ieuen, who is wounded. They meet Bronwen, who drives them to Bryn Mawr to see David’s Aunt Elisa, Uncle Ted, cousins, Christopher and Elen. But David needs to get back to his other world of Thirteenth Century Wales. He gathers information and supplies, the Bronwen drives them back...
Robin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
The story just got better

I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with this series, but the Prince in Time changed it for me. The plot twists made it more exciting and peaked my imagination. So onward to the next adventure!
Gretchen Fatouros
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun enough. Needed to know what happened next after book 1. Number of things happened too fast like Ieuan & Browen ...

I have more books in the series. Not sure if I will try book 3. Ended well here for me.
Kris Loveid
Jun 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
Yes the idea of time travel and that the prince of Wales had a son by a 20th century woman is silly. The story went from bad to worse in the 3rd book. Lame dialogue, no depth. Not that books 1 and 2 are that great, but they were more focused. Not wasting my time with book 4.
Sue Shipley
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this chapter of David and Ann's life. Can't wait for more. Interesting how they used 21 century technology in the 13 century
Debora Wolff
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

As this story continues the descriptions of the times and struggles of the people of back then are so intriguing.
Bruce
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
More characters, less energy. I still think Sarah Woodbury is great.
Laurie Pringle
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good fun read!
Jaime
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Added some more travel back and forth.
Julianne
stopped reading
Richard Pierce
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 stars. Another cracking read.
Myrtha
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining fast paced story, part sci-fi part alternate history... Kept me reading and investigating Welsh history.
Debby
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This story and After Cilmeri #1 were part of the same book - see comments for #1. In #2, David goes back to the present, gets help from a grad student and they both go back to 13th century Wales.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Devil Days in Deadwood (Deadwood, #11)
  • The Prison of Buried Hopes (After The Rift Book 5)
  • The Return of Absent Souls (After The Rift, #6)
  • Steampunk Cyborg (Mecha Origin, #1)
  • Ice Dragon (The Dragon Misfits #1)
  • Faithful Unto Death: the must-read medieval mystery (Bradecote and Catchpoll)
  • Three Souls
  • A Long Way From Ordinary (Deadwood Undertaker Series Book 2)
  • Now, Then, and Everywhen (Chronos Origins #1)
  • Under the Stone Paw
  • Yesterday's Dreams (A Slip in Time, #3)
  • The Aura (Kate Benedict, #1)
  • End of Summer
  • A Seaside Affair
  • Grevy Danger
  • Murder on Main Street (The Comstock Cozy Mystery Series Book 1)
  • The Billionaire Bachelor
  • Alfred Jones and Son, Bros.: Travelling Undertakers and Soul Traders
With over a million books sold to date, Sarah Woodbury is the author of more than forty novels, all set in medieval Wales. Although an anthropologist by training, and then a full-time homeschooling mom for twenty years, she began writing fiction when the stories in her head overflowed and demanded that she let them out. While her ancestry is Welsh, she only visited Wales for the first time at univ ...more

After Cilmeri (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Footsteps in Time (After Cilmeri #1)
  • Crossroads in Time (After Cilmeri, #3)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, # 5)
  • Castaways in Time (After Cilmeri, #6)
  • Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)
  • Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)
  • Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
  • Outpost in Time (After Cilmeri #11)

News & Interviews

“I knew when I asked her to marry me that the chances of her accepting were slim. I accepted that. Her choices, though, are hers alone. We can’t ever have all the information we need, or want, in life. God hasn’t given us that kind of control. In your world, you think you have it, but you don’t, anymore than we do in Wales.” 1 likes
“see.” 1 likes