Start by marking “Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)

Prince of Time

(After Cilmeri #2)

Two teenagers catapulted back in time to alter history and save the medieval kingdom of Wales ...

David and his man-at-arms, Ieuan, find themselves alone and on the run from a company of English soldiers who've sworn vengeance for the recent death of their king. Meanwhile, Llywelyn lays on his deathbed from a traitor's arrow. And once again, it is David and Anna, and all t
Published January 22nd 2011 by Sarah Woodbury

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Time

Debbie
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Book 3 in this series dealt mainly with Meg's son David, or Daffyd as he became known. She takes a lot of liberty with history and creates her own reality that doesn't match what really happened in our world. I loved the characters Bronwen and Iuean in this one. Too many battles and too many characters and place names to keep straight. Definitely would have liked a printed out map for this one!
Donna
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the After Cilmeri series and I loved it just as much as the other books. This time David is trying to escape. With Ieuan wounded and nowhere to go, he tests his time travel theory by jumping off a cliff, Lucky for him, it worked and he is back in the 21st century.

Ieuan is awed by the technology he sees. He gets medical care like he has never seen or imagined. This is where Bronwen is introduced. Between two different time periods, David is a force to be reckoned with.

I really l
Fawn
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked Prince of Time even better than Footprints in Time. Again enjoyable. Great Characters, I loved the way the time travel was in a parallel universe. It was really interesting to compare the difference age makes in medieval time VS present time.
Very enjoyable for me!
Christy Hall-scheufele
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This series keeps getting better. Loved the idea of going back home and downloading weapon info and medical info and taking back to wales... Then using that info to change history. Love it.
Bluejay44
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An excellent read. Like all Sarah Woodbury's books, I do not want them to end yet cannot stop reading. They are such a marvelous blend of mediaeval life in Wales and time travel from our modern age.
Michell
Mar 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If only I could go back with David, Anna, Sarah and the rest. I was so happy to find that there was another book after Footsteps in Time. Just the right mix of valiant sword fights, adventure, threatened sabatoge, added to the strangeness of our modern day inventions showing up in the 13th century fight for Wales. LOVED it.
Jani
Jun 10, 2011 added it
Still reading, a little childish in that is again a book on time travel back to 12 century Wales, but I aqm enjoying this book. Finished it and I truly enjoyed it. It was a little sophamoric but still I love fantasy!
Terri Van Gulik
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this series. hopefully there will be more books to come
Justine
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation of the story, with cool new character Bronwen. I can't get enough of this series!
Pam Engman
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I keep thinking once I finish a book that it will be enought but I can't seem to stop. Very addicting! I love the immagination and flow of the books
Elaine
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-woodbury
Excellent Series! A new author for me. Lots of history in this book. No love scenes if that is what you like. I really enjoyed this set of books.
Christy Hilmas
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good conclusion to the series.
Malita Jones
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it

Was disappointed Marged and Llewelyn weren't in the story more, especially Marged. Why would an author practically omit such beloved characters from a series!?
Kathleen
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The final volume in the original After Cilmeri trilogy. I enjoyed this story as much as the others. I see that there are a zillion more, which I may or may not read. I bought the entire trilogy and the prequel (written later) through a Bookbub hot deal, and don't know if I will read further. But they are well-written with believable characters, interesting historical information and it's always fun to speculate what might have happened if certain historical characters had lived/died/gotten marri ...more
Jo
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I can't say enough good things about this series... the way she evokes time and place is nothing short of spooky. You'll be right there with the characters standing on the castle parapets and in the jousting lists, and the time travel element is 100 percent believable. You will love these characters and care what happens to them.

My #1 favorite time travel series.
Robin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
The story just got better

I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with this series, but the Prince in Time changed it for me. The plot twists made it more exciting and peaked my imagination. So onward to the next adventure!
Bruce
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
More characters, less energy. I still think Sarah Woodbury is great.
Laurie Pringle
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good fun read!
Jaime
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Added some more travel back and forth.
Sue Shipley
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this chapter of David and Ann's life. Can't wait for more. Interesting how they used 21 century technology in the 13 century
Debora Wolff
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

As this story continues the descriptions of the times and struggles of the people of back then are so intriguing.
Darlene R Bufkin
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is well out of my normal reads, but I am very interested now!!!

This is now my third book in this series, what a concept, what a story! What if we could apply this to change a lot of the wrongs in life?
Michelle Louise
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first two books, I discovered my library had the next two in their system. I was able to pick this one up today and spent the afternoon reading it.

It's been a long time since I've flown through a series like this. And Prince in Time was better than the previous book. First off I adore the characters and loved getting into the head of one of the 13th century characters. Ieuen was a great addition and I loved his byplay with both David and Bronwen.

I liked the conflict that David
Mina
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just recently started reading the After Cilmeri Series and I LOVE everything about it. I read all 12 books in 2 weeks and can't wait for the next one to arrive on my kindle next month.
Sivon
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked this book, but that sentence also comes with pause.

The things that really brought down the wonderful story was;

1. The author continuing to make every single chapter switch perspectives from one of the 3 main characters to the next got confusing to me. I was constantly having to flip back to the chapter start to remind myself who's perspective I was reading now.

2. The portion of the story written in present day was something I got board with. That had so much potential to be interesting,
Susan
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, time-travel
This is book #2 in the series and the story has evolved deeper and better, with an unexpected twist. David's character is maturing - both as a person and in the expression by the author of who that person is - and we see the teenage boy becoming a man of integrity and a man of power.

I particularly enjoyed the rounding out of Ieuan and the introduction of Bronwen. Other reviewers have expressed concern over the lessening of Anna's role in the story in this book, but I didn't see it that way. Ther
Jilly
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: after-cilmeri
This is the book that really gets into a retelling of history.

David or Daffyd as he as become known is the Prince of Wales and he's got some more modern things to teach the English and keep them out of Wales.

While out thwarting the English with his new right hand man, Ieuan, David has to make a split second decision that lands them in the 20th century.

Daffyd now has to help Ieuan navigate the future, explain where he's been to his aunt and figure out how to return to the 13th century all with th
Anjanet Mort
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-fun
Starting this book I didn't think it would be as good as Footsteps in Time, but was plesently surprised.

This book is really a continuation of the previous book. I highly suggest that a new person to the series read Footsteps in Time and maybe even Daughter of Time before reading. It isn't so much that you won't be able to pick up what is going on (the story line isn't complex and there are not too many characters), but the other books are good and it will add to your overall enjoyment of the boo
Cindy
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Second book in the alternate history where Edward 1 doesn't sweep Welsh rule out of Wales.

It's very good - it's a quick read but quite interesting. I liked how she introduced more characters. The narrative was told from the first person point of view of 3 different characters - sometimes it was hard to remember who was telling the story - but then I was reading the book with kids and cats running around the house. It was good enough that I didn't want to put it down...

Very interesting series - a
Calli
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is probably my favorite, so far, of this Welsh time travel series. I enjoy seeing what could have happened if Llewelyn had survived the ambush. (Of course,this could alter the fulfillment of Merlin's prediction of a Welshman - Henry VII - and start of the Tudor line, on the throne.) I liked that when David goes back to current day Pennsylvania (which is where my Welsh ancestors settled)for a short time, he realizes that his family's time travel to 13th century Wales is parallel, and they ha ...more
  • A Knight in Central Park
  • Not Without Juliet
  • Yellowstone Deception (Yellowstone Romance, #5)
  • Knight Errant (Knight Errant #1)
  • Now and Then, Complete Series (Now and Then, #1-5; Now and Forever Western Time Travel, #1)
  • Shades of Grace (The McKinnon Legends, #3)
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • A Conall Christmas (Morna's Legacy, #2.5)
  • Twilight in Babylon (Time Travel, #4)
  • Sapphire Dream  (Jewels of Time #1)
  • Wings of the Storm
  • Sixpence Bride
  • Together Forever Across Time (Train Through Time, #2)
  • The Time Baroness
  • The Hunger
  • A Lesson in Forgiveness (Lesson #2)
  • Time-Kissed Destiny
  • Touch of a Highlander (Arch Through Time #2)
With two historian parents, Sarah couldn’t help but develop an interest in the past. She went on to get more than enough education herself (in anthropology) and began writing fiction when the stories in her head overflowed and demanded she let them out. While her ancestry is Welsh, she only visited Wales for the first time while in college. She has been in love with the country, language, and peop ...more

After Cilmeri (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Daughter of Time (After Cilmeri, #0.5)
  • Footsteps in Time (After Cilmeri #1)
  • Crossroads in Time (After Cilmeri #3)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, # 5)
  • Castaways in Time (After Cilmeri, #6)
  • Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)
  • Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)
  • Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
“I knew when I asked her to marry me that the chances of her accepting were slim. I accepted that. Her choices, though, are hers alone. We can’t ever have all the information we need, or want, in life. God hasn’t given us that kind of control. In your world, you think you have it, but you don’t, anymore than we do in Wales.” 1 likes
“see.” 1 likes