The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Summoning discussion

Is this series a continuation of a different series?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Becki It is part of a new series, but it is set in the same world as her Women of the Otherworld series. So there's no need to have read any of her previous books, but it might help give you a feel of the world if you do.

I enjoyed reading the book, so I'd say it was good. I'm also a fan of her Women of the Otherworld so I may be a little biased.

Laura The Summoning is Kelley Armstrong's venture into young adult books. It's set in the same universe as the "Women of the Underworld" but those books have some graphic scenes; the young adult books don't.

You don't have to read the other (long) series but it helps to have some familiarity.

Vilma Alvarez I didn't even know about the Women of The Underworld series until now. You don't need to read anything to read the Summoning series.

Paula Ratcliffe the darkest powers came first but it is suppose to be connected in what is done with the kids atleast that is what I've heard

Michelle Ilenich Can anyone tell me why her necklace changes color? I never understood why.

Bexs ~Fallen Arrow lover~ Michelle wrote: "Can anyone tell me why her necklace changes color? I never understood why."

Now that you said it, I have just realized that I have never understood why either.

Michelle Ilenich Chloe mentions it, but never gets an answer back. It annoyed the heck out of me. It's still annoying me.

message 9: by Madison (last edited Jul 17, 2012 07:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madison It is really good. I loved it and understood it fine without having to read anything else before it.

Bexs ~Fallen Arrow lover~ Michelle wrote: "Chloe mentions it, but never gets an answer back. It annoyed the heck out of me. It's still annoying me."

Yeah, I agree, it's really annoying.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Summoning (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kelley Armstrong (other topics)