The Sword and Laser discussion

Scifi / Fantasy News > Wheel of Time release date announced

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate O'Hanlon (kateohanlon) | 778 comments The chances of me being able to take that particular day off work are slim to nil. The chances of me being able to do any work when I should be reading the last Wheel of Time book are even lower.

I guess I'll have to quit my job.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1081 comments Get to know, thanks for the update.

message 3: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments I've been reading the series since 1993, so this has been a long time coming. I did like the book launches in NYC though, that way I got my book on release date and got it signed.

message 4: by aldenoneil (last edited Feb 16, 2012 01:38PM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments But if it comes in 2013, Rand & co.'s end of the world won't coincide with our end of the world.

:(

message 5: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments And the crowd goes wild...

message 6: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4132 comments Bummer it's later than expected, but this gives me time, too, to do a re-read. I'm still deciding if I want to do that, starting with New Spring.

message 7: by Jeane (new)

Jeane (pinkbookdragon) | 53 comments I was planning on re-reading all the books before the last one came out. I am almost done re-reading Eye of the World, which means I have 11 months to finish the other 11 books before the last book comes out. A book a month, I will give it a shot!

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam | 33 comments 2013! Ugh! I'm planning to do the speed re-read with the help of the Tor site, at least for the first 5 or 6, so I won't need as much time.

This will help me stick to my New Years resolution of no new books until I clear the to-read pile in my office.

message 9: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Ellis (kapt_kipper) | 65 comments 2013? Wow, I made a real effort to read all the other books to prepare for it's release later this year. Maybe I'll re-read this fall.

message 10: by itrooper (new)

itrooper | 20 comments If the Mayan calendar is right we will never get to find out how WOT ends. Not cool man, not cool.

message 11: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments itrooper wrote: "If the Mayan calendar is right we will never get to find out how WOT ends. Not cool man, not cool."

See thats Robert Jordan's last and final joke. I know when people would ask him what would happen if he didn't finish the story before he died; he told them that he didn't want anybody else to write in his world. So maybe these 2 books that Brandon Sanderson has put out have been the ultimate tease. And now Jordan is going to be laughing for eternity in ValHala. At least until the great wheel spits him back out into the pattern again.... ;)

message 12: by itrooper (new)

itrooper | 20 comments Micah wrote: "itrooper wrote: "If the Mayan calendar is right we will never get to find out how WOT ends. Not cool man, not cool."

See thats Robert Jordan's last and final joke. I know when people would ask hi..."

Perhaps Jordan actually wrote the Mayan calendar... Then got back in the wheel just to epic prank us.