Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 750 (750 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
If you have any recommendations for people or you want recommendations put them here!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) A series I recently picked up was The Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flammel by Michael Scott. Read if you enjoy Harry Potter-ish stuff

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah1) I was going to say that name is from HP lol

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) Hannah wrote: "I was going to say that name is from HP lol"

Yea it doesnt really have anything to do with HP but its an awesome series.

message 5: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Now if you are looking for recommendations you can start a new topic in this folder. So if your looking for a certain book start a new topic and wait for those recommendations

message 6: by Caty (new)

Caty I say The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

message 7: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Caty:) wrote: "I say The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke"

definitely!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 02, 2012 05:43PM) (new)

Caty:) wrote: "I say The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke"

I've been trying to remember the name of that book for YEARS. I read it in the sixth grade for school and I couldn't remember the title I knew it had thief in it but I didn't actually remember it.
Thanks so much. I can stop searching!

message 9: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments It was really good... I read it a couple months ago

message 10: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I'd recommend North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. It's sooooooo good!!

message 11: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Anne wrote: "I'd recommend North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. It's sooooooo good!!"

I was going to read that but then it mysteriously disappeared from the bookstore and I'm so impatient when I order books online...maybe I will suffer through the wait for this one

message 12: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments haha So am I, I prefer to get books right away instead of having to wait a week for them to arrive!!!!! (sometimes I sneak in the special 1day shipping on my dad's credit card) :)

message 13: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Haha I feel like going to the bookstore is...I'm not sure how to describe it but its different from buying online. I guess some of the fun is taken away even though there are more books online

message 14: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments same! I usually go to a bookstore before I resign to ordering online, if I can't find the book I want. Unfortunately Borders closed down, and they had all the best books there!!

message 15: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

I loved Borders so much better than B&N but now I have no choice and the Young Adult section at B&N is seriously lacking

message 16: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I know! And my mom won't let me buy half the books in there because she says that they aren't "age-appropriate". Ughhhh

message 17: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

I'm pretty lucky because my parents don't know what books I read even though they buy them for me.
I'd be a lot happier if there were more YA books to choose from and more older YA books because those are still good!

message 18: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Luck-yyyy!!!!

I need some new young adult books... I've read nearly all of them!!!

message 19: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Have you read TMI or TID because those are my favorite books and they are AMAZING!

message 20: by Nila (new)

Nila | 139 comments Stephanie wrote: "A series I recently picked up was The Secrets of the Immortal Nicolas Flammel by Michael Scott. Read if you enjoy Harry Potter-ish stuff"

I love the series. It has all kinds of mythology, plus many unexpected twists and turns. It always makes me go crazy when I finish a book cause I can't wait to read the next one but it's not even out yet.... so sad...

message 21: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Erika wrote: "Have you read TMI or TID because those are my favorite books and they are AMAZING!"

I don't think I've ever heard of them, but I'll definitely look out for them when I'm at a bookstore!

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 03, 2012 06:31AM) (new)

That's an abbreviation of the series names the first book in the Mortal Instruments is City of Bones. You should definitely look for it!

message 23: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Aha-- I have heard of those, but haven't read them. I'll look in the library for them!

message 24: by Amy (new)

Amy Lignor (httpwwwgoodreadscomalignor) | 22 comments The start of a book is so important and this one was spot on. It captured my attention and had me hungry for more.
http://apocketfullofbooks.blogspot.co...

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Newman | 12 comments I would recommend The Doorknob Society by M.J. Fletcher I just finished it and I loved it!

message 26: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I'd recommend:

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I have a great werewolf book series that I read that I really enjoyed, it's called the Lunarmorte series by Samantha Young. Her first book is Moon Spell, only .99. It took me less than a week to read all 3, highly recommended.

message 28: by Jennise (new)

Jennise | 15 comments Have any of you read "The Society of S" series? I went to a literature convention several years ago in Georgia and met the author, Susan Hubbard. She has three books total- "The Year of Disappearances" and "A Season of Risks" are the other two. She is supposed to continue the series, and I hope she does. It is different, but very good.

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Cascade (River of Time, #2) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Torrent (River of Time, #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Bourne (River of Time, #3.1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren

I completely recommend all four of these books! The River of Time series is fantastic! :D

message 30: by Caty (new)

Caty Erika wrote: "Caty:) wrote: "I say The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke"

I've been trying to remember the name of that book for YEARS. I read it in the sixth grade for school and I couldn't remember the title I kn..."

haha your welcome

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) Oh, and Corridor by Robin Parrish is one of my favorite YA books! :D

Corridor by Robin Parrish

message 32: by Caitlin (last edited Mar 06, 2012 09:45PM) (new)

Caitlin (caitlinobauer) | 7 comments The "Sweep" series by Cate Tiernan was one of my absolute faves in high school. I've read the series three times--still absolutely adore it! If you love romance and witchcraft, this is definitely for you!

message 33: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 3 comments Tiger's Curse / Quest / Voyage... so addicted.

message 34: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 121 comments Caitlin wrote: "The "Sweep" series by Cate Tiernan was one of my absolute faves in high school. I've read the series three times--still absolutely adore it! If you love romance and witchcraft, this is definitely f..."

I'm reading the series now and I am loving it. I also would recommend the series as well.

message 35: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments Can someone recommend me a book to read? I'd prefer if it was fantasy, and not feminine.

message 36: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 3 comments Jack wrote: "Can someone recommend me a book to read? I'd prefer if it was fantasy, and not feminine."

Have you tried Beautiful Creatures? It's from a guy's perspective. Also the Gone Series is non-girlie.

message 37: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 21 comments Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1) by John Marsden Series is amazing, it has a female lead but she's more tomboyish (although depending where you are it might not be that easy to get as it's an Australian novel but it's basically a what if Australia was invaded and War broke out.

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Jack, In Her Name: Empire by Micheal R. Hicks was a great read. The first book is for free on Amazon if you have the kindle.

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) Sunny wrote: "Jack wrote: "Can someone recommend me a book to read? I'd prefer if it was fantasy, and not feminine."

Have you tried Beautiful Creatures? It's from a guy's perspective. Also the Gone Series i..."

Is the Beautiful Creatures good? I love the covers lol and I like that its from a male prospective

message 40: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments Sunny wrote: "Jack wrote: "Can someone recommend me a book to read? I'd prefer if it was fantasy, and not feminine."

Have you tried Beautiful Creatures? It's from a guy's perspective. Also the Gone Series i..."

"Non-girlie"? Really?

message 41: by Amie (new)

Amie | 25 comments Have you tried Beautiful Creatures? It's from a guy's perspective. Also the G..." "Non-girlie"? Really?

totally agree. :) it may be from a male prespective but if any thing he's more feminine and romantic than she is :L but it is a good book :)

message 42: by Amy (new)

Amy Lignor (httpwwwgoodreadscomalignor) | 22 comments “You know those books where you wish the author would have published the whole series at once? This is definitely one of those!”
http://www.one-chapter-ahead.blogspot...

message 43: by Jay (new)

message 45: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 121 comments Has anyone read this book? Would you recommend it? I saw it at the bookstore today and love the cover and the description... Embrace (Embrace, #1) by Jessica Shirvington

message 46: by Jay (last edited Mar 16, 2012 06:29PM) (new)

message 47: by Jay (new)

Jay | 1906 comments the maximum ride series

message 48: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Wiggins | 10 comments Hi, I'm new. LOVE YA stuff. I need something good to read and wonder what some of your top three YA books are! Romance is always a plus, I'm pretty open to anything.

message 49: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 2 comments Sarah wrote: "I would recommend The Doorknob Society by M.J. Fletcher I just finished it and I loved it!"

Reading this now and I love it so far!

message 50: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 27 comments Hi

My top three are;
- the demon trappers series
- starcrossed

And my own

Any Love But Mine

Which is a fantasy romance perfect if your looking for a love story !

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15