This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate how there are no Dominican restaurants in Portland, Oregon.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I want mangu!

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Are there Dominicans in Portland, Oregon?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments dude we everywhere…

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I haven't come across many Dominicans. But there are plenty of Japanese folks, and yet I still can't find okonomiyaki anywhere.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never met a Dominican in Portland. But today Alfonso was talking about Mangu and so I tried googling for Dominican restaurants in PDX. No go. Cuban, yes--that's the only place I've ever eaten platanos.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

RE: Okonomiyaki, I think they make it sometimes at the Uwajimaya...lemmee check.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure about them, but Tanuki (which I've been dying to try) is supposed to have it

message 8: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell If you're looking for Dominicans have you tried the Barnes&Noble? Check the fire exits.

Also, I assume Portland has adult bookstores. Check there as well.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

What is okonomiyaki?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Check the fire exits! Guahahahaha!

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori Bwaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki

It's like Japanese pizza!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Dang. I'm hungry, now.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Is this mayonnaise on the okonomiyaki? YUM!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Dave, I hate to break this to you but you just described the natural habitats of one of the rarest kind of Dominican that there is…. The elusive Cook-a-lot Dominican…or Kitchenhus Freakhasolis Dominicus as some pretentious latin speakers assholes choose to call them… i don’t think you should be telling Montambo to be looking for one of these, cuz as we all know is an endangered species, I don’t want her going from bookstore to bookstore looking for one for herself… but for the sake of entertainment let’s pretend that she manages to find one sitting next to a fire exit, I’ma give you 3 tips that will help you not to scared him, Montambo (remember they freak out really easily):

1.Do not try to touch his Dominican Fro… even thought this is the first human reaction when seeing a live one for the first time you must resist!!! For they are terrified of human contact from people they don’t know.

2.when you are ready to engage into conversation with him avoid at all cost to do any sort of weather related remark… cuz he will immediately assume that you be a dumb ass and go into fuck you mode and start talking about some crazy as hell deformities that he was born with (this is usually a lie designed to scared predators/unwanted stupid fucks who try to approach him).

3.always carry some sort of treat to offer him… they will never refuse food from strangers… It don’t matter if it is a hot chick or a one legged hobo… if you offer chocolate to em they will say yes!

I can assure you that if you fallow these steps you get yourself a Kitchenhus Freakhasolis Dominicus in no time!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.