What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: YA book about alphabetically named kids? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Maria | 8 comments I don't know if I want to reread this book, but it's been bothering me for a while that I can't remember what it's called. It's about a family of some ridiculously huge number of kids, like twelve, whose parents named them by methodically picking names from a baby book. So the first child's name (Abigail) has the first 'A' name, the second one had the second 'B' name, and so on. And the book ended the name with them getting a kitten and giving it the last 'Z' name in the book. Anyone know what this is?

message 2: by Evan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Evan | 27 comments Google spits out "Ten Kids, No Pets" by Ann M. Martin (of "Babysitter's Club" fame) and "Miss Bindergarten Takes A Field Trip With Kindergarten" by Joseph Slate. By the looks of it, the former could be what you're looking for, though it also has a sequel with the same name-challenged children.

message 3: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Maria | 8 comments It looks like Ten Kids, No Pets is it. Thank you!

Not surprised it's the Babysitters' Club author, the writing style was awfully similar.

message 4: by rivka (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

rivka | 303 comments a family of some ridiculously huge number of kids, like twelve

Clearly, you don't hang around with Orthodox Jews. Or Mormons. ;)

message 5: by ScottK (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

ScottK | 28 comments Or Italians for that matter my partner has 10 Siblings :)