New Moon (The Twilight Saga, #2) New Moon discussion

How many of you have read the twighlight books?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay I didnt read any of these books yet but I really want to because I saw the movies

Tara I read all the books back to back, couldn't put them down. As far as the movies go, Alice couldn't have been more perfect, but I was let down by the casting overall because the characters were more attractive in my head. Ed in "Vampires Suck" is a much closer match to the hot vamp in my head...

Jessica I honestly really enjoyed the books. I read them back to back as well in a matter of 4 days. The fourth ones isn't my favorite....but I digress. The books are wayyyy better than the movies because it explains everything more and Bella, Edward, and Jacob are happier and are quite the smart asses:) I recommend reading them!

message 4: by Christie (new) - added it

Christie I didn't watch the movies until after I read the books. I wanted to finish all the books before I even watched the first movie. I did both the reading and movie watching this last summer. I borrowed the books and have since returned them, or I might be tempted to go back and read them again after having watched the movies a few times. I think I personally enjoyed the books more.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I just finished doing a re-read of the whole Twilight Saga cuz I really want to see the new movie. I liked both the books and the movies. I agree they cast Jacob, Carlisle, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Esme perfectly in my opinion.

Bridget Bowers I refused to see this "Twilight" movie when it came out, and I thought sparkly vampires, what kind of book is that? So, I refused to read the books either.

Then my sister bought me the first book and told me READ IT! So, to humor her I started it. I was hooked nearly from page one. I read the first book in a day and raced right out to get the rest and watch the movie.

After that I've been on pins and needles for each new movie release. I'm a total twi-nut, and love it.

Stacy Hortaridis I loved the books and the movies. Can't wait for the last movies.

Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) I read the books before the movie even came out! I believe it only took me about 4 days to read them all...they are fantastic books. You should definitely read them!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2011 12:19PM) (new)

So far I've read the first novel of the series and I'm currently reading the second one - "New Moon". The reason why I chose to read Twilight Saga was simply because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and whether they're different to the films. It's quite a bit out of my 'normal' range when it comes to choice of reading, but I'm actually feeling quite comfortable with Twilight. It's an easy read - I guess, sometimes it's just good to have something like that.

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin I watched the movies first and then read them. They were way better that the movies and they are a really easy read. I took me like a week to read all four books. Stephanie Meyer is really east and to the point. I loved them!

Bridget Bowers They are a great read. I don't know why some people feel like you have to have some sort of deeper impact to the things you read. What happened to just reading something because it was fun. Doesn't have to be world changing. The best part about Twilight is that I think we can all relate to feeling awkward and unimportant as Bella did.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Bridget wrote: "They are a great read. I don't know why some people feel like you have to have some sort of deeper impact to the things you read. What happened to just reading something because it was fun. Doesn't..."

That's so true. You've put it down so well. I don't see it either why there's so many people reading way too much into the Twilight Saga and being incredibly negative about everything in it. I understand that everyone's got their own opinions, but it doesn't mean more than that.

Amelia I've read books 1 through 3. And, though many may disagree with me, I sort of liked it. Bella's insecurity sort of reminds me of myself.

I haven't seen the movies though, which is kinda sad.

Sometimes I don't understand why people are so negative about giving up everything for the sake of love. Like in New Moon (which is my fave BTW) my friends say Bella was stupid to behave that way. But I thought it was really sweet that she cared about someone so much.

Doesn't everyone feel like Bella at some point in their lives?

Cindy Read them 4 times!

Julia I read all 4 of them after Twilight came out and around the time New Moon came out... :) I believe... Might have been before New Moon...

message 16: by Chloe' (new) - added it

Chloe' Marie I OVE THESE BOOKS! MY MOM SAID I COULD SEE THE MIDNIGHT PERMIRE OF THE MOVIE MARCH 23 2012!!!!

Julia Why in March honey?

message 18: by Chloe' (new) - added it

Chloe' Marie sorry, wrong book. i am seeing a 7:00 premire movie for the first part of breaking dawn tomorow though at the theater.

Daniela-Goddess of Reading I read all the books in one month when I was in sixth grade and I absolutely love them. I'm not so proud of the movies, because they always tend to leave something important from the book out. :)

message 20: by Chloe' (new) - added it

Chloe' Marie yeah, but they found good actors and actresses at least.

Nyssa I have read all of the books, enjoying #s 3 & 4, but I have not seen the movies. I do not plan on ever seeing the movies.

Bryton McGahan I have read all of the Twilight books...my favourite is breaking dawn and can't wait to watch the movie!!!

message 23: by Xdyj (new)

Xdyj I read all the books in about one week but only watched the New Moon movie.

message 24: by Chloe' (new) - added it

Chloe' Marie you have to watch eclipse!!!

message 25: by Daniela-Goddess of Reading (last edited Nov 17, 2011 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Chloe' wrote: "yeah, but they found good actors and actresses at least."

Yep, I think the actors and actresses they pick fit the book's description of the characters well, and they did a good job and all, it's just that there were some scenes that they lacked in the movie that were in the book, that I would have preferred they hadn't.

Stacy Hortaridis Breaking Dawn was my favorite as well. I've seen all the movies, can't wait for this one.

message 28: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina Bougie I read them all back to back and enjoyed them very much. The movies are OK but the books are soooo much better!!

message 29: by Chloe' (new) - added it

Chloe' Marie Have you guys read the hunger games?

Nyssa Chloe' wrote: "Have you guys read the hunger games?"

I have them (via Kindle) but have not read them as yet.

Diane I've read the books & couldn't put them down. They are fantastic. I also have the movies & watch them often. Breaking Dawn is my favorite book but so far Eclipse is my favorite movie. I hope that changes though. As for Hunger Games, I have them on my Nook but haven't had a chance to read them yet. They go on my shelf marked "got sidetracked".

message 32: by Erin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erin Diane wrote: "I've read the books & couldn't put them down. They are fantastic. I also have the movies & watch them often. Breaking Dawn is my favorite book but so far Eclipse is my favorite movie. I hope that c..."

Breaking Dawn was also my favorite!! The Hunger Games are amazing!!! You have to read them!!

Melissa I have read all of them! I loved them and really want to go see Breaking Dawn in the theater. =]

Stacy Hortaridis I've never heard of The Hunger Games, have to check them out.

Daniela-Goddess of Reading BREAKING DAWN IS FINALLY OUT! I saw the midnight screening and it rocked, although I'm now very tired, and my mother still made me go to school...ugh.

Ronda The Twilight books were the main reason for my reading addiction to paranormal romance!!! Breaking Dawn was my favourite book and since I bought the series, I've read them quite a number of times. I love the films but I don't find them to be as good as the books :)

Ronda They are my next set of books to read, I've been told over and over again to read them so I'm finally going to do it... probably start them in about a week or so :)

Chloe' wrote: "Have you guys read the hunger games?"

Julia Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "BREAKING DAWN IS FINALLY OUT! I saw the midnight screening and it rocked, although I'm now very tired, and my mother still made me go to school...ugh."

I saw the midnight showing too!

message 39: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex ahlert i saw all the movies and right now im going to see the 1st part of breaking dawn and read all the books

Bridget Bowers Agness wrote: "Bridget wrote: "They are a great read. I don't know why some people feel like you have to have some sort of deeper impact to the things you read. What happened to just reading something because it ..."

Thanks!

I always thought that no matter what you read it's important THAT you read. I've seen so many posts about people that found a love of reading from Twilight that I consider the series a success for that alone.

I'm ducking the opening weekend, I enjoy watching the movies but not with everyone screaming at every scene. Once the crowds settle down, I know I can go enjoy the movie.

Missyb I read all 4 books before the first movie even came out. They are wordy (too much filler) and drag in spots, but overall I liked the story. I liked the first movie, but did not particularly like the 2nd movie, and the 3rd was a little better. The 4th book was the best, and hopefully the movies for the 4th book will be just as good. I would say that the first 3 movies were so so, and the 4 books were okay, but none were outstanding. I also read the partial book Midnight Sun (I think that's the name) that is Twilight from Edward's point of view & liked that version better.

Haidi Bridget wrote: "I refused to see this "Twilight" movie when it came out, and I thought sparkly vampires, what kind of book is that? So, I refused to read the books either.

Then my sister bought me the first book ..."

That sounds so much like me. All my friends were into them when they came out and I read two pages and thought it was soooo boring, but then a year ago when Twilight was on TV for the first time, I sat and watched it, fell in love and rushed out the next day to get new moon and eclipse and then bought the books on ebay ( for a bargain I might add) read them back to back also (my husband and kids lost their mother for a week!)and have been in love with every thing twilight since. I totally love Breaking dawn and am sad they couldn't fit it all into the movie. when people ask me if they should see the movies or read the books first I always tell them to read first. The books are so full of dialog between bella and edward, and are so full of emotion that if you don't read them first the movies wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Haidi Lindsay wrote: "I didnt read any of these books yet but I really want to because I saw the movies"

You should get your hands on them, not only will it help you understand parts of the movies better but you will totally fall in love with the story. Get ready to be reading until late into the night!

message 44: by Diane (last edited Nov 27, 2011 01:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diane I'm waiting too. I want to see the movie not a bunch of crazy Vampire lovers. OOOPPS, I guess I'm one of those crazy Vampire lovers.lol ;-)

Bookishnymph *needs hea* I've only read Twilight.

2Aura4507 all of them and i loved them all

Julia I liked Eclipse and Breaking Dawn best...

2Aura4507 breaking dawn all the way i also like twilight too but mostly breaking dawn

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I think my two favorite books are New Moon and Breaking Dawn. I'm a huge fan of wolves in general. I like seeing the progress of Jacob from not being a wolf to being one that's cuz he's my favorite wolf.

Kathy i've read the series thw whole series. when twilight came out in theatres

« previous 1 3