Harry Potter discussion

FanFiction & Other Series > If you could choose what J.K. Rowling would write for a next book, what would it be?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Karli (new)

Karli I would choose for it to be James and Lily's time at Hogwarts. Snape, Sirius, Pettigrew, etc., would also be part of it. The making of the Marauders Map, Snape's Worst Memory, Lupin turning into a wolf each month; etc. Obviously not a full length novel, but a novella possibly? I think that would be really cool. Sirius and Remus are my favorite characters. <3

message 2: by Weirdology (last edited Nov 13, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Weirdology I would like to read from the bad guys point of view. Preferably from Voldemort's POV the most, but also possibly switching between him, Bellatrix, Snape, and Narcissa (I don't really like her and find her boring, but she could lighten it up a bit since Narcissa isn't as extreme or as involved in the death eaters as other "bad" characters. She's more the motherly type and I think she could provide a unique POV.)

And also I would want the book to start after Voldemort leaves Hogwarts and gets that job at Borgin and Burkes, and then end after his death. Because, to be honest, I think I would get bored of reading about children at Hogwarts again. This book could be more mature and have a dark YA, or even an Adult, feel to it. But I don't think Rowling would write such a thing. :P

Edit: I know Snape's not a bad guy, but from his POV we could get more of a look into his spying job and also we would be reading about the order of the phoenix and Dumbledore too, so it wouldn't be all death eaters all the time.

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Nov 13, 2011 03:33PM) (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Of when like Snape and everone was at Hogwarts or like What if Neville Longbottom was the chosen one???

Lex is da name, dont wear it out | 88 comments maybe if she did one of tom riddles life, how he grew up an what influenced him to become Voldy

message 5: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 24 comments I was always interested in learning more about the other schools that were mentioned in Goblet of Fire

Lex is da name, dont wear it out | 88 comments yeahh, them too... and Also what Voldemort had actually done before Harry lived, like who the death eaters were and all that...

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 57 comments Something completely different

message 8: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 24 comments I'd love to read something totally different as well I am curious what amazingness she writes next =)

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Ooooo Mabey Harry and Ron's kids and stuff at Hogwarts

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 21 comments Wizards in space.

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments XD that would indeed be entertaining

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael (kovaelin) | 21 comments Hogwarts 2525.

message 13: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments I want her to write about the Next Generation, or the Marauders! :)

message 14: by August (new)

August H | 2 comments it should be about either tom riddles life, ginny,hermonie,ron,and harry's sons and daughters adventures at hogwarts, OR how Albus Dumbledor's life was as a kid and when he was a teacher,not a headmaster.

message 15: by Natalie (last edited Nov 29, 2011 09:37PM) (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Mabey when the ghosts were at Hogwarts? Then you could see how things have changed...

message 16: by Weirdology (new)

Weirdology Solarius wrote: "Mabey when the ghosts were at Hogwarts? Then you could see how things have changed..."

Oh! I'd love to read about the lives of the ghost when they were living. I used to wonder about that when the series first came out. But I totally forgot about them.

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Yeah!

message 18: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments Solarius wrote: "Mabey when the ghosts were at Hogwarts? Then you could see how things have changed..."

Oh that would be so cool xD

Or it could be the Harry Potter series from the point of view of Peeves xD

message 19: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I'd want something completely different. I'd love for her to come up with a new series. It probably won't be as amazing as Harry Potter (what could be?), but it would still be fun to see what else she could create.

message 20: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 3 comments Annalisa wrote: "I'd want something completely different. I'd love for her to come up with a new series. It probably won't be as amazing as Harry Potter (what could be?), but it would still be fun to see what else ..."

me too, i LOVE the Harry Potter series, but i want to read something else and different from her. and i know that she'll create another wonderful series.

but im still waiting/hoping for the Dumbledore's history/past! :)

message 21: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) She is working on something completely new, and for adults. Thoughts?
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by...

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (mandgoggs) I would actually prefer to read something entirely different from her. As much as I adore HP and would love an infinite amount of those books, I would just love to hear something different from her. Plus, as I was lucky enough to get on to Pottermore early, there is loads of new information on that to be unlocked!

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 23: by Amanda (last edited Mar 11, 2012 04:45AM) (new)

Amanda (mandgoggs) Annalisa wrote: "She is working on something completely new, and for adults. Thoughts?
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by......"

Oh wow Annalisa, thanks for that that's really exciting news!

message 24: by Cutter100 (new)

Cutter100 | 17 comments Annalisa wrote: "She is working on something completely new, and for adults. Thoughts?

Thrilled, excited, jumping up and down. There are rumors it's going to be a crime novel (the Guardian wrote an article on this suggestion), which is very different from Harry Potter, but it's J.K Rowling, so I will definitely be reading it.

message 25: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 3 comments The characters, story, and world of Harry Potter aren't the only aspects that make the series so endearing and timeless - it's also due in part to JK Rowling's excellent writing. She writes things of quality, and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.

message 26: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) Prequels, with Lily, James, Sirius etc.

message 27: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmaagrawal) i would want her to write about the malfoys, how narcissa and lucius met, about bellatrix, about draco and hogwarts though his eyes

message 28: by Andriana (new)

Andriana | 23 comments I would really love to see Voldemort's life and probably Bellatrix's also!!!!!!

message 29: by Hayley (new)

Hayley That would be really cool

message 30: by Lenka (new)

Lenka (lenikaspi) | 15 comments I would really want to see the kids of the trio in Hogwarts, that would be great.

message 31: by Monika (new)

Monika (betci15) | 10 comments That is really hard question, but I would probably wanna see the ahole Severus Snape story. I would like to know how was childhood was like, everything he did at Hogwards and of course I would like to see him to join Voldemort. That would be very interesting for me to see.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Personally I don't really think she should write about the kids of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I mean, what could she write about that's equally or more exciting than what the trio went through? I think that if she were to write another HP book, it should be fleshing out the lives of other characters such as Snape, Dumbledore, Voldemort, etc.

message 33: by Scott (new)

Scott I haven't seen anyone write this yet, but I have always thought it would be very interesting. I would like to see a book about the founders of Hogwarts. There are so many great stories that could be fleshed out durring the creation of Hogwarts. I would love to hear more information about all the founders. We have a pretty good idea who they are and what they valued because of the houses, but I want to know who they really were, flaws and all. Thoughts?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, that would be really cool! She could switch the POV's or something, and show how Slytherin made the Chamber of Secrets and how Ravenclaw's daughter stole the diadem, etc - all the secrets they kept from each other. And also how the Room of Requirement got there! :) It would be so interesting!

message 35: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 45 comments Yeah, I think that would actually be really interesting. Plus, we could see how the wizarding world changed from then til when Harry and everyone else went to Hogwarts.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, that would be cool. I wonder how people got to Hogwarts back then? (was the Statute of Secrecy put in place yet? I don't think so, so I guess they didn't have to be sneaky.)

message 37: by Kosha (new)

Kosha (koshar) | 16 comments I really want to see hogworts after Voldemort is gone... I wonder what it would be like for Harry's kids....

message 38: by Upasana (new)

Upasana (iupasana) | 1 comments I would have really loved to read about the Marauder's era with Prongs, Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail.I wonder how much fun they must have had and trouble that they must have got into! Especially James and Sirius. Or their process in becoming Animagus.

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashnphx) Would love a Biography of Voldemort. Start when he is born, childhood, Hogwarts, rise to power, final battle. Or a book about the original Order of the Phoenix when they fought Voldemort the first time before he was defeated by baby Harry.

message 40: by Beth (new)

Beth | 2 comments I am one of the readers who would love to read about Harry, Hermione and Ron's kids.........what would Draco's kids be like? Neville and Luna's? who would be the next baddie or what difficulty their generation would have to overcome........also like the idea someone wrote about the other schools. could be another HUGE undertaking. I love the HP series.

message 41: by SpongeBob (new)

SpongeBob SquarePants (Eamon C) | 3 comments A series about the adventures of dudley

message 42: by ↬ Sarah ↫ (new)

↬ Sarah ↫ | 141 comments An alternative story where lily and snape get married!

message 43: by Aastha (new)

Aastha Arora | 13 comments I would like Rowling to make another book telling what happened in the lives of Harry, Ron and Hermione after Voldemort died. I think that the epilogue should be created in a new book.

message 44: by 707 Lucy (new)

707 Lucy | 2 comments I agree. She should totally write a book about the lives off their children at hogwarts. It would also be cool if she talked about Harry and Ron and Hermione's lives. What were their jobs when they grew up?

message 45: by 707 Lucy (new)

707 Lucy | 2 comments ☮Ḱαяℓї♬ wrote: "I would choose for it to be James and Lily's time at Hogwarts. Snape, Sirius, Pettigrew, etc., would also be part of it. The making of the Marauders Map, Snape's Worst Memory, Lupin turning into a ..."

I totally agree with this. I would love to learn more about them...

message 46: by Jyri-Petteri (new)

Jyri-Petteri Sahi (pirunpalo) I had never really thought about it before reading this book, but I sure agree with most of you! It would be great to see a book telling all about Tom Valedro's childhood, teenager years, how he became the one-who-should-not-be-named. Also, taking a look at the Death Eaters would be great!

Another thing that interests me, would be Maradeurs Era book, or possibly even a serie. I bet those would be characters that would give Rowling a lot of stuff to write about, eh?

And no, I can't just deny it, I would love to see how Harry's, Ron's and Hermione's kids would do in the Hogwarts, not to forget about Luna and others.

Also, I wouldn't mind reading about Durley's again, either. I'm sure that family could have a lots to give for a story or two.

message 47: by Mille (new)

Mille (hafnar) | 4 comments I'm all for prequels, just not the very requested Marauder Era. I'd like to hear about the Four Founders and those reeeeeally early wizarding days. They sound like an interesting lot, and I would like to know what such four most-powerful magicians have been up to in their days prior to founding a school...
Also, Merlin. Who was in Slytherin and is mentioned in the place of 'God'. A "Young Merlin" by J.K. Rowling rather appeals to me.

And it's very different, but would feel, I think, like further worldbuilding of her comfy old getaway.
So, yes, please?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

She should write the year 3000, where there is another bad guy worse than Voldemort who attacks Harry's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter!

message 49: by l (new)

l | 144 comments The 5th book from Draco's POV.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

You mean the sixth? Draco doesn't do much in #5...

« previous 1 3