College Students! discussion

books, books, and more books! > A Game of Thrones

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Ok, here it is! A whole thread dedicated to just this series!

I might have to change the thread title though. Is the series actually called "A Game of Thrones" or "Song of Ice and Fire"?

Anyway, let's talk about this series! I have about 150 pages left in the first book. LOVE it. So far Dany, Jon, and Arya are my favorite characters.

Oh and since this is a thread for a series, let's make sure to use the spoiler tag. (view spoiler) (Just take out the spaces)

message 2: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 59 comments So excited about this thread! I've had an unexpected hiatus from reading A Clash of Kings because I need to finish books that are due back at the library.

I believe the series is actually called Song of Ice and Fire, but I certainly didn't know that until I started reading it. Maybe we could call the thread "A Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series" or something like that?

message 3: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments Yay!

Yeah, the series is called A Song of Ice and Fire, but I bet A Game of Thrones is more recognizable.....Rayna's suggestion is good. Maybe that way it can incorporate the TV series as well.

I just finished A Clash of Kings a little while ago and am waiting to pick up the third one!

message 4: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments Hooray! I'm gonna try and finish A Clash of Kings today, I only have to work for half the day, so it should be do-able :)
And Jon, Arya and Dany are my favourite characters as well!

On another note: yesterday before going to sleep I came across a passage the actually says 'a song of ice and fire', so now I can stop wondering where that name came from :)

message 5: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments Okay, here are some rantings I had over A Clash of Kings for Daisy...meant to get this up earlier but it's been a weird weekend.

(view spoiler)

I must say, as much as I want this book series to linger and not read through it so fast, I just want to finish it so I'll be able to avoid spoilers! Just on tumblr I've stumbled across so many....I found one last night about a horrible death. Ugh.

message 6: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments Kelly: (view spoiler)

I hate it when people put spoilers up! It'll probably be some time before I can read the next one... Hope I don't stumble across some before!

message 7: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments More A Clash of Kings stuff:
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments Some more spoilers up to A Clash of Kings

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments Also:

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments Daisy:
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments Kelly: I might be able to squeeze it in on my Christmas break, which is in 6 weeks. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 59 comments I so desperately want to click on all of those links, but I know I'll be so angry if I ruin it for myself.

message 13: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments Haha don't do it! Wait until you've finished A Clash of Kings, we are mostly talking about the last few chapters :)

message 14: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 59 comments Yikes! OK, I'll do my best to avoid them. I'm only about halfway through.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments So I just finished Game of Thrones... Still trying to process. That last chapter? Or rather the last 2 pages? Holy crap!

message 16: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments Ahhh I can't remember what happened at the end of the book specifically and I don't have it with me. You may have to refresh us...did it have to do with the dragons?

Also, I found this graphic online today. It can be applied to LOTS of books, but I definitely thought of this series first! (No spoilers) http://tinyurl.com/86ybpa3

message 17: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  (Poindextrix) (poindextrix) | 59 comments Haha. That comic demonstrates about 50% (at least) of my reading experiences. I'm not sure I ever get more than 5 feet away from the book before picking it up again though...

message 18: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 686 comments That comic is awesome! :D and so true...