What do you want to read in December.

Start nominating.

Nominations will close Sunday 20 Nov.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Poilin

good choice, I do like an Agetha!

message 4: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Sam,

Did you send out a message regarding nominations being open? I didn't even know this thread was open until I visited the group. You might want to let everyone know again that it's time to nominate a book. Maybe other people weren't aware either.

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (kate47) I am recommending a recent release ' The garden of evening mists' by Tan Twan Eng. This is his second book, I read his first which was ' The gift of rain ' and an absolutely wonderful read. Check it out and see what you think.

message 6: by emcnicho (new)

emcnicho | 10 comments How about 'The Sense of an Ending?' by Julian Barnes?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

Beautiful prose
Won the Booker...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Tanya - Sorry but your book is not available until Feb 2012. It looks good maybe you can nominate if for a monthlty read in 2012.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Tanya - would you like to nominate another book. If so can you do it before 3pm today so I can open the polls.

I wasn't going to nominate a book but as there are only 2 nominations so far I nominate Nella Last's War: The Second World War Diaries of 'Housewife 49'

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Nominations are now closed.

Here is the shortlist.

And Then There Were None
The Sense of an Ending
Nella Last's War: The Second World War Diaries of 'Housewife 49'

Polls will be open shortly.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Poll is now open until Sunday 27 Nov.

Happy voting.

message 11: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (kate47) sorry sam, don't know how I had it in my head that the book had just been released.how do I vote by the way?

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 28, 2011 01:12AM) (new)

@ Tanya, Sorry I've not got back to you sooner, you just click on the book you want and that counts as your vote.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The winner of the December read is The Sense of an Ending

message 14: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Well, I'd love to read this, but with 49 holds on the book at the library it looks like I won't be reading it in December. Happy Holidays, everyone!

message 15: by Chris (new)

Chris Bowen what i will read is nightship

message 16: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 2 comments Skulldugery pleasant its a series and its AMAZING there are 7 so far there just an amazing books.