The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

What is your all time favourite book/series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Whitney Definitely the Mortal Instruments series written by Cassandra Clare. I've reread it 8 times ! :)

C.C. The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward followed by The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost :D

[Coco] Why is this under a hunger games discussion?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) umm.The Hunger Games Series! haha..Since the discussion is about it!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wait, can I have two????? I wanna also put HP!

Hannah Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. So incredible. I love each and every book in that series. The main characters are supremely real too. They have flaws as well as wants and desires. Its fantastic and no series I have ever read has come close to topping it.

Sarah Crystal wrote: "The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward followed by The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost :D"

Ditto, in that order!!!!!

message 8: by [Coco] (last edited Nov 08, 2011 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

[Coco] Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "umm.The Hunger Games Series! haha..Since the discussion is about it!"

Yes. Because this discussion is totally about The Hunger Games for the rest of us. But same as you!

message 9: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Hunger Games, Twilight, Immortal Series, Fallen, City of Glass, Wings, pretty much all of them!

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 08, 2011 10:22PM) (new)

1. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
2. Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (he's the author of the Percy Jackson series)
3. The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima
4. Warriors by Erin Hunter

I could go on and on... I read a lot, you see, so it's really hard to decide as I have lots of favorites

message 12: by F (new) - rated it 5 stars

F Harry Potter!

Gabrielle Any books by Madeleine L'Engle.A Ring of Endless Light and A Swiftly Tilting Planet are my favorites.

April Blood of Kings Trilogy by Jill Williamson!

Nadine Percy Jackson!!! <3

message 16: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Can i have 3??
1.Harry Potter
2.The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
3.Percy Jackson

Curtis Just one? You gotta be kidding! I would have to say Aubrey/Maturin (master & commander).

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

i have tons of favorites!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Andromeda Nicole-{Call me Andy or Nicki} wrote: "Hunger Games, Twilight, Immortal Series, Fallen, City of Glass, Wings, pretty much all of them!"

i like the hunger games, too i just thought there was toooooooooooooo much romance...unneeded.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Fiona wrote: "Harry Potter!"

yeah love harry potter! i meant the series not him. i don't really like harry so much, hermione, ron, fred, george, and ginny are way better.

Livvy B The name of this book is a secret

message 23: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hannah wrote: "Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. So incredible. I love each and every book in that series. The main characters are supremely real too. They have flaws as well as wants and desires. Its fantastic ..."

I completely agree with you, Hannah!! Outlander was so incredible, it changed the way I think about relationships and love!! I gobbled all 7 books up from last March to July!! Can hardly wait for book 8!!

message 24: by Curtis (last edited Nov 21, 2011 09:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Curtis The Outladner series was great. I also liked Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plumb series. The audio version are a real crackup. Great narrator!
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) by Janet Evanovich etc.

message 25: by Rachel (last edited Nov 22, 2011 03:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel If I can only pick one, Harry Potter for sure. But since that's so well known, and people might actually want some things they haven't read/heard of yet (or to see THG on here =P)...

Series in order of loveliness:

Harry Potter
His Dark Materials
The Underland Chronicles
The Hunger Games

Books in no particular order:

Lolita
The Book of Lost Things
Blood Music
Mogworld
Things Fall Apart

Vanessa Harry Potter series. all time favorite.

Irsyad Iskandar His Dark Materials was my personal favorite.

Karen Hunger games is my personal favorite

Sarah There are just too many and all so different to compare, each gives a different feeling, a different experience and it is just too hard to pick one!

David Beachdell Dark Tower. No contest.

Sarah David wrote: "Dark Tower. No contest."

I have owned those for years and still haven't read them. I think the length is always intimidating (wow, that sounds funny! ha!), even though I hear Amazing things about it a lot. I hear the world building is incredible.

Nicole DARK VISIONS BY L.J. SMITH IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) I don't know. It's between The Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

Catmew the hunger games!

Ziyue Only one?! Ummm....... Then I would have to say the iron fey series.

Jamielyn 1) Iron Fey series
2) Twilight
3) Vampire Academy

Ha. That's three. hahaha but if I'll need to choose just one I'll proudly say twilight. :)

Alpha Shopaholic Series!!!! XD Just kidding! Though I did read that series and loved it.

My favorite series is The Chronicles of Narnia.

message 38: by Sara (new) - rated it 1 star

Sara Has to be 'His Dark Materials' I 'm still searching for a series that even comes close.....any suggestions?

message 39: by SarahO (last edited Nov 25, 2011 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahO My favorite is the Hunger Games The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins in close second Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan and coming in third Harry Potter Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

message 40: by blue (last edited Nov 29, 2011 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

blue Um. I don't even know. It's so hard to choose, but I think I'd have to say Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I guess.

wait wait wait, i changed my mind. I pick The Books of Pellinor by Alisson Croggon [or whatever it is]. I also am in love with His Dark Materials by Philip Pullmann.

message 41: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex The Infernal devices by Cassandra Clare
Percy Jackson!!!
and
Harry Potter.
But mostly The Infernal Devices

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

The Aubrey/Maturin books by Patrick O'Brian. I reread them (all 20 of them!) every few years, and it's always a treat.

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY ALL THE WAY!!! There is NOTHING like it! NOTHING!!!

sorry for yelling.

Curlygirly Twilight Saga, it changed my life. I used to hate books but after i read the series i became a total book worm! :)

message 45: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Newb here. Stumbled across this site trying to find recommendations for books that would grab me the way Hunger Games did. When my boss handed me "Hunger Games" (book swap at work) I was hesitant, definitely not my usual genre. OMG! I read all 3 books in a week.

Like someone else said "if I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it" Grabbed me from the get-go...if a book doesn't, I rarely get past a few chapters before I shelf it.

The sad thing is that anything I've read since has a hard time holding my interest, I've been spoiled.

Recs anyone?

Megan Nya wrote: "HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY ALL THE WAY!!! There is NOTHING like it! NOTHING!!!

sorry for yelling."

TOTALLLYYYYYYY

Krista Insogna LOVE the Hunger Games! probably #1. But I also love Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, The Girl w/The Dragon Tattoo ( though, it's not YA, still ahmazing.)...followed by Twilight and Uglies. Currently reading The Vampire Academy Series...we'll see how that one goes ...

Megan ya! HG rocks the house!!!!

message 49: by Chelsea Denisse (last edited Dec 18, 2011 06:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chelsea Denisse My favorite series are The Gallagher Girls series, Heist Society series, The Hunger Games trilogy, and The Twilight Saga

Megan really?

« previous 1