What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A cave to another world

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Sarah | 4 comments Alright so all I can remember is that in this book a girl somehow walks through this cave, which I think has a waterfall on one side, not to sure, and finds herself in a totally new world. In this new world she finds a princess, or she herself is the princess, I don't know. If you have any ideas at all, please post them. Once I see the name, I'll know it right away. xD

It's really bugging me that I cannot remember what this book is able and what the title of it is.

Sorry in advance for not being more specific; if I remember anything more I'll be sure to add it. I read this about two-three years ago.

----------------------------------------
Second Book I just remembered I read but cannot remember the name.
Ok. So the main character is a teen, and he falls into a puddle basically. Every time he enters a puddle I remember there would be very vivid imagery about the experience. One time he goes through a puddle [like a portal kind of] he ends up in a vast forest with puddles and little lakes everywhere between the trees. Each puddle leads into a different world.
Ring any bells? :]

message 2: by bup (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

bup | 75 comments Not to be too obvious, but the second one sounds like The Magician's Nephew (Narnia).

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Sarah | 4 comments Here's a cookie. xD
I read all the Narnia books about four years ago, so I'm not surprised I didn't remember. Thank you so much though. It was the Magician's Nephew! Now for that first book. >.< I still cannot remember.

I do know that when she passes through a cave she has to hide in a corner or something because she hears two people talking about something important. Maybe that'll help?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments Is the first book "A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray? A group of girls go into a cave and say a spell or a chant or something to transport into another world. One of the girl's mother is there and has a princess-like quality to her.

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne (SockieLady) Could the first book possibly be The Ragwitch by Garth Nix? Here's the link to book:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47...
The description isn't very extensive, but the girl character does go through a cave to get into the other world, where the Ragwitch has taken her brother. She goes through a series of adventures in the other world to overthrow the Ragwitch and save her brother.

message 7: by Livinglullaby (new)

Livinglullaby | 2 comments does the first book have unicorns? there is a series called Unicorns of Balinor by Mary Stanton that might be what you're thinking of.

message 8: by Allie (new)

Allie Toland | 2 comments It is the Girmoire saga. Only reason I know that is because I was looking for the same book but could not for the life of me remember lol. She is on the edge of a cliff in the beginning and the waterfall is off to the side in the valley and she slips down. It is a great series. I have read that first two but now am rereading them along with the third. Hope this helps.

message 9: by Allie (new)

Allie Toland | 2 comments Also is referred to as lichgate