Are You A Hunger Games Fanatic? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Chat-Archives > Capitol, Bad or Worse or should it be eliminated?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

How do you feel about the capital?

message 2: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith GOOD for you!!! Hate away! lol. You can also intive some more peole too

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope Snow sucked, he did. But I think Coin sucked more.

message 4: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith That is true he did suck but Coin did suck ALOT more!

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes vrey.

message 6: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I honestly think the capitol could be worse than worse if that was possible.. Wait it is!! LOL :)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) I am probably the only person who actually liked the capitol. It wasnt the capitol that was bad, it was the evil running it... and mainly the Gamemakers too. I thought the capitol was a pretty place

message 8: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Rachel, I have two words for you...... Your CARZY!!!!

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Faith wrote: "Rachel, I have two words for you...... Your CARZY!!!!"

No I just have an opinion. And I like the capitol.

message 10: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I know. Its still odd.

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Faith wrote: "I know. Its still odd."

Well like I said its not the capitol as a whole, it is the person running it.

Because I do appreciate Cinna and Portia and they came from the capitol.

message 12: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith you make a good ponit. I do like Cinna and Portia.

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Faith wrote: "you make a good ponit. I do like Cinna and Portia."

See... cant hate the Capitol. They brought us beautiful designers! But we can hate he president :D

message 14: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Ok that works :D

message 15: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments I hate the Capitol, but I honestly hate it less than 13. Anyone else agree?

message 16: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Kinda. Did they really give a reason to hate 13? I hae the capitol more though.

message 17: by Leila (last edited Jul 26, 2011 01:52PM) (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments I hated 13 more. At least the Capitol knew they were bad, new they were selfish, or the people in power did anyway. District 13 tried to act all self righteous. They put more control over the people than the Capitol did. And when I found out they were hurting the prep team, I mean awful. At least Snow knew he was evil, Coin tried to pretend she wasn't and that made her worse than Snow. I am almost positive what happened to Prim's was Coin's doing. Coin made me sick and when Katniss did that at the end I was so glad that was her choice!

message 18: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Well yeah that is one of the reason KAtniss killed Coin. The capitol was more evil cause they do the Hunger Games not Cion. Coin was only from 13.

message 19: by Hope (new)

Hope I agree with Leila on every point she made. The Capitol knew how bad they were, they simply chose not to care. District 13 tried to pretend there was nothing bad about them, but in fact they were more controlling than the Capitol ever was.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate the capitol people. They think they're teaching the districts something? All they're doing is fueling the fire! But I agree with Leila. District 13 shouldn't have tortured the prep team when they say they're going to help people. They're just as bad, if not worse than the capitol.

message 21: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Wouldnt be the over all capitol you hate??

message 22: by Leila (last edited Jul 27, 2011 06:42AM) (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments No Coin wanted to do a Hunger Games too, I think that is what pushed Katniss over the edge about her. Remember she wanted to do a Hunger Games to punish the capitol with the children of the Capitol leaders or what not. Katniss and Haymitch were the final votes to confirm that they Hunger Games were a good idea. I think it was just a way they played Coin, I know they really thought it was pure evil that she would even suggest it. Her making the suggestion proved that she was just as bad as the Capitol, and I would say worse.

message 23: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith She should have! Wait did they ever do one??

message 24: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Who should have what, I'm lost? Did they ever do another hunger games? No, I don't think so. Coin was killed first and that woman who got chosen from 8 to lead, I don't think she was into stuff like that either. But they never mentioned it again, so that is sort of that I amused. And when Katniss finally gave in to Peeta about having kids, she said she it was only because there were no more hunger games.

message 25: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh ok.

message 26: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments I sort of wish there was Hunger Games in real life, but people didn't kill each other. And people volunteered to do it. And if someone really needed help, they would get it. Then it would be cool, because it would be if you can survive in the wilderness. I think it would be cool to just try to survive in a forest or something.

message 27: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments You mean like the show Survivor, or diffrent?

message 28: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Well if the Hunger Games was real ummm I dont know what to say to that. Ok for one thing it would be hroable. Kids would be dieing. 2 the capitol eould rule are life. Sort of what is going on in China only its commumust. So yeah I would know way wish the Hunger Games become real.

message 29: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments Yes, sort of like Survivor. Except it would be teenagers to young adults. And Faith, it wouldn't be exactly like the real Hunger Games, just like people are put in a arena in which they just tried to live off the land and stuff...

message 30: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh ok that make me feel better :)

message 31: by Hope (new)

Hope I think it'd be cool to volunteer. I'd like to make an ally and see if I could survive and work well with them.

message 32: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (-chelsey-) Rachel Skye wrote: "I am probably the only person who actually liked the capitol. It wasnt the capitol that was bad, it was the evil running it... and mainly the Gamemakers too. I thought the capitol was a pretty place"

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THINK! :D
Also, the people in the capitol should have been brought up better, that is another thing to add on to the evil running it.

message 33: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I kinda agree with both of you guys.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I really dislike the Capitol itself..but like you can't blame the people. They were born into it. I admire people like Cinna, who were against it...I dislike the people who made the decsion to be in the Capitol and sacrafice their decision in government for fancy stuff..Oh and President Snow scares me

message 35: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I agrre Cinna is was Amazing! Yeah he scares me too! AHHHH Run away! lol :)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments haha..I will never look at white roses the same again!! Just the fact that he poisons people and can DRINK BLOOD! makes me want to throw something at his face...

message 37: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay what do you want? A metal block or a harmer or both?! LOL hey were spaming here,lets move to chat okay?

Tea in Chapter Three (teainchapterthree) Needs to be eliminated

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Personally, I tend to disagree A WHOLE FREAKING LOT with this topic. Where are the people who stand up to the governments that enslave people? What about the ones where they can't practice a religion without worrying about being killed? Or the ones that enforce laws so that someone couldn't marry the person they loved, because of race/clan? I may have made this topic, but I strongly disagree with the fact people hate a fictional government more than ones that are practically driving their citizens to poverty or starvation.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Faith wrote: "Personally, I tend to disagree A WHOLE FREAKING LOT with this topic. Where are the people who stand up to the governments that enslave people? What about the ones where they can't practice a religi..."

EXCELLENT POINT!! Yeah..I need to hear that today. Because, I am so lucky to live in the U.S. and there are other people suffering all over the world. THG has made me realize that. Change NEEDS to happen..

message 41: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith You both are right!

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) Faith wrote: "Personally, I tend to disagree A WHOLE FREAKING LOT with this topic. Where are the people who stand up to the governments that enslave people? What about the ones where they can't practice a religi..."

Completely untrue. People are simply addressing what the topic is about. Like you asked, you know?

Personally, I like the Capitol. They had to do what they had to do to survive. I mean, everyone likes District 13, but they're basically the same.

message 43: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith How soo?

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) Tight rules, weird traditions, strict, insane leaders, hidden motives, doing everything they can do survive. They're the same, just on opposing sides.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I didn't like District 13..They were too strict and just weirdish? No freedom, a lot like the Capitol. I agree with Waterfall..

message 46: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Yep waterfall is right, 13 was just as bad as the Capitol. I almost think they were worse!

message 47: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 13, 2011 09:55AM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Really? I mean werent they doing good by letting all of district 12 live underground in 13?

message 48: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Yeah that is true. But I think they are worse because they act like they are good even though they do bad things like lock up the fashion team. While the Capitol is bad they don't pretend to be good like 13 does.

message 49: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah but- Man I have nothing againest that. Next?

message 50: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments I win! Lol, I don't know, what's next?

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.