This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

20 views
I want to hate, but can't

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) My kid's in vacation bible school.
OK, could be worse, I'll just read her extra from
D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire
and
D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire

My Mother-in-Law is an assistant there.
Well, now, still not so bad. She's no holy roller and it's nice for her to be involved.

There's a program on Thursday night.
Aw man, that's my night to start drinkin'. I hope it's not a musical.

My wife just brought home the summer camp shirt.
It's bright orange.
across the front in an old-timey typeface it says:

Hometown Nazereth
Where Jesus was a kid


Every time I look at it, I have to stand for a minute while my brain repeatedly engages and disengages.

whiirrr *click*
Do they mean that?
whiirrr *click*
Is my kid in a South Park episode?
whiirrr *click*
Who...Who came up with that?
whiirrr *click*
What daily activities go with that theme?
whiirrr *click*
Is this child abuse?

but for whatever reason, I can't bring myself to hate the shirt and now I realize that it's large enough that I could probably wear it.
whiirrr *click*


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay for D'Aulaire's myths!

And yay for how you're going to wear that shirt and post a photo!


message 3: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Ha ha! Your kid's a bible thumper. Suck it, Monkey boy.


message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I must admit though, Norse mythology is a lot cooler than Christian theology. Uhtred almost convinced me to go pagan.


message 5: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) Rusty wrote: "I must admit though, Norse mythology is a lot cooler than Christian theology. Uhtred almost convinced me to go pagan."

Ha! I'm on the last book now


message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Enjoy it. Odin knows when Cornwell will finish the next one.


message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Have you read American Gods, Oddrun?


message 8: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oh, why does everybody love that book? Good Omens is a much better read, if you ask me.


message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Contextual, Rusty...on the subject of norse gods.


message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I'm pretty sure she's reading American Gods right now. It sent her into a readers block.


message 11: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments fucking cross post! I'm going to bed.


message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Monkey wrote: "My kid's in vacation bible school.
OK, could be worse, I'll just read her extra from
D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire
and
D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire

M..."


I don't get why you can't hate vacation bible school. Seems like the easiest thing in the world to hate.


message 13: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Tom wrote: "Contextual, Rusty...on the subject of norse gods."

Aaaaah, probably should have picked up on that.


message 14: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) Montambeau wrote: "Yay for D'Aulaire's myths!

And yay for how you're going to wear that shirt and post a photo!"


I tried it on.
The commander looked over.
"Quit that! Yer stinkin' it up and yer moobs are stretchin' it out"

After the recital, I'll try and convince her with "Honey I need you to take a picture of me in this shirt...it's for some people on the Internet"


message 15: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) Rusty wrote: "Oh, why does everybody love that book? Good Omens is a much better read, if you ask me."

Good Omens sounds a little cutsey; is it?


message 16: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) smetchie wrote: "I don't get why you can't hate vacation bible school. Seems like the easiest thing in the world to hate."

Bible school = kid out of the house for 1/2 a day.
= no mid-day call "Do you know what your daughter just said to me/did?"*


*Nick, factor this in to any decisions you make


message 17: by Rusty (last edited Jul 14, 2011 08:26AM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Monkey wrote: "Rusty wrote: "Oh, why does everybody love that book? Good Omens is a much better read, if you ask me."

Good Omens sounds a little cutsey; is it?"


It's like reading any other Gaiman book, except it's funny and the characters are likeable.


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Monkey. I'm sure your moobs look excellent.


message 19: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Montambeau wrote: "Thanks, Monkey. I'm sure your moobs look excellent."

I prefer to call them Mits.


message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Please cut off the arms and neck and tie it in a knot ala hooters uniforms.


message 21: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) smetchie wrote: "Please cut off the arms and neck and tie it in a knot ala hooters uniforms."

that's only when I want to display the MM&G*

*Moobs, Mits and Gunt.

I know it's not technically a gunt on a man, but nothing else seems to have the same impact.


back to top