Uglies (Uglies, #1) Uglies question

I NEED A NEW BOOK! ANY IDEAS???

Do you like Scotland? How bout time travel? How much romance do you like? A love story like no other with characters you will be addicted to for ever. Try Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. The connection between Bella and Edward can't even compare to the hero and heroine in this series. And I loved Twilight. But Outlander.....? You must read it. One thing tho. It's not PG.

You should definitely read the percy jackson series and the first book of the heroes of olympus series, the lost hero. It's branched off of the percy series and is really good! You might also like this book called Candor...it's a dystopia type book. It was OK for me but that's just me. If you like comedy books, u should definitely read either the diary of a wimpy kid series or dork diaries ( girl version of wimpy kid) series too! Since you like sci fic (read ur profile) u should read the "galahad" books. The first book is called "the comet's curse" and its a pretty good series, coming from a not so big sci fic fan!

You HAVE to read Matched by Allie Condie which is the first of a trilogy! Then of course the Shiver Series by Maggie Stiefvater. The 3rd one just came out yesterday and I'm hurrying to finish the one I'm reading so I can start it! I work in a JH library so I'm wracking my brain for you but I am on Summer break so I'll have to wake it back up...

Try mine - Love Unscripted. I also just devoured all the books by author Jeaniene Frost.

I don't think this is in the genres, lemme refrase, this isn't the the Genres you mentioned, but. . . .

Evermore , Blue Moon , Shadowland , Dark Flame , Night Star , and Everlasting by Alyson Noel. The Immortals Series. I for one think it's a good series, but it does kind of get repeatitive. . . .

There was also the The City of Ember , The People of Sparks , The Prophet of Yonwood , and The Diamond of Darkhold by Jeanne DuPrau. To me they are a bit childish, but an excellent story.

The Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling are always a must. . .

There is always the The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Last OlympianRick Riordan. He has written a new series, The Red Pyramid.

Others are: Among the Hidden, by Margaret Peterson Haddix. A bit short though. . . .

The Giver, Gathering Blue and Messenger by Lois Lowry are amazing. I don't like this author so much, but these are amazing--works of art.

There is another series, kind of young, and they have a T.V. show based off it, it's Pretty Little Liars, Flawless, Perfect, Unbelievable, Wicked, Killer, Heartless, Wanted, Twisted, Pretty Little Liars #10: Ruthless all by Sara Shepard

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney are always a funny read.

Now there is a new series, kind of like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, except it's calledDork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life and Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl by Rachel Renee Russell or Rachel R. Russell. One of them is the correct author, but I am not sure which. Sorry!

The The Hobbit, is also another favorite, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Then, The Lord of the Rings also by the same author.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen which was recently turned into a movie was an amazing movie and even better book. . . . .

HARRY POTTER
I know it's not the genre you mentioned, but it is my absolute favorite

You have to read City of Bones City of Ashes City of Glass and City of Fallen Angels
I'm just reading Fallen Angels now but the first three were amazing and this one is too so far.

DIVERGENT DIVERGENT DIVERGENT. I cannot recommend it enough, I enjoyed it more than the Uglies Series, probably the Hunger Games aswell. The plot is fantastic, I was hooked from the first chapter, and the romance in it is amazing. READ IT, read it now! You won't regret it!

Jeanette (last edited Jul 11, 2011 07:45AM ) Jul 11, 2011 07:45AM   0 votes
When I read the Hunger Games series I think of them as Dystopian novels. Here are more of the same...

Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Bruiser by Neal Shusterman
Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman

I can't find a link for:
The House of the Scorpian by Nancy Farmer

They are all fabulous!!

"The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd" - not too much romance, there is, but it's from a young boy's point of view, so it's not out there like some others. I liked how the main charachter is a young male, most are written in the view of a girl. An easy read, five books in all. The first one is "Eighth Grade Bites" then the rest have the next grades in the titles.

"Fallen" - Epic love story between a human and an angel. The latest book, "Passion" takes you on an exciting journey through time. Three books so far, I think their will be four total. "Fallen, Torment and Passion"

"Hush Hush" - Another love story between human and angel. But very different than Fallen Two so far, "Hush Hush and Crescendo" and "Silence" The third will be released in October. There is some debate on which one is better, I love them both.

"Shiver" - Werewolves, but not the scary man eating kind. A very different twist on people becoming wolves, but a very good love story. Three books, I believe that will be all. "Shiver, Linger, and Forever" The last one just came out today! I'll be going to get it!

"The House of Night" novels Follows the life of Zoey Redbird and her journey in becoming a vampire. This is different than your traditional vampire stories, it's mixed with American Indian lore. This is geared towards teenagers, but is pretty steamy! Ask around for other opinions, I think it takes a certian person to like these. I have a very open mind and I LOVE them! There are Eight novels right now starting with "Marked" the others are, in order "Betrayed Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Temped, Burned and Awakened" The Ninth book "Destined" will be released in October as well. There is also "The Fledgling Handbook 101" you'll understand the title if you read the other books. A novella just came out today. (I'll get it too!) Called, "Dragon's Oath" Dragon is one of the Professors at the House of NIght. It will tell us more of his story, I can't wait! With this series, a few of the books kind of stray away from the main charachter a bit, for example, Burned and Awakened are more about two other charachters rather than Zoey. But they are very important to the whole story. I like it! Some people don't.

There, I hope that helps! : )

Maybe Peeps by Scott Westerfeld? It's not really much like the Uglies series, but you might like it since it is the same author.

Did you read Extras? It deals with different characters and has different themes than Uglies, Pretties, and Specials, but I really enjoyed it.

Feed by M.T. Anderson is also really good. People have computers implanted to their brains when they are very young, and their society is so materialistic. This was enjoyable and thought-provoking.

May I suggest my new release, Supernova. Supernova is a paranormal romance just released in May. Please visit my website at www.cl-parker.com and read the 1st chapter for free as well as the glowing reviews the book has received. Don't forget to enter the contest for a free copy. Please leave feedback regardless of whether you enter the contest or not. There is a link to where to order the book on the site. Happy reading and thanks for checking it out!

I too really enjoy the Dystopian genre and if you liked the addition of romance with the Twilight series you would also like Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments (City of Bones), I really liked those...I've also just started Patrick Ness's "The Knife of Never Letting Go" and alreay can't wait to read the others in the series. Enjoy :)

I just finished " Hereafter (Hereafter, #1) by Tara Hudson It's a wonderful read as well. Full of surprises.

Heather (last edited Jul 22, 2011 08:29AM ) Jul 22, 2011 08:21AM   0 votes
Dark Life, Divergent, Unwind, Looking for Alaska, Graceling, Life As We Knew It, Anna and the French Kiss, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, The Sky Is Everywhere, Across the Universe

All of these are pretty good and I think you will like them, my top favorites would be Anna and the French Kiss, Looking for Alaska and Divergent (which I thought was equal and maybe superior to Hunger Games).

You should definitely read the percy jackson series and the first book of the heroes of olympus series, the lost hero. It's branched off of the percy series and is really good! You might also like this book called Candor...it's a dystopia type book. It was OK for me but that's just me. If you like comedy books, u should definitely read either the diary of a wimpy kid series or dork diaries ( girl version of wimpy kid) series too!

If you like romance, I would choose the Vampire Diaries series. Also watch the t.v. series. I swear, it's addictive! The Princess Diaries series (as well as anything written by Meg Cabot) is always a good choice if you wish to laugh and you appreciate fine comedic writing. I also really love anything Kelley Armstrong writes. She wrote a good YA series called the Darkest Powers. Her adult novels are also excellent. Hope this helps!

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Graceling, and Fire by Kristen Cashore

Try Linda Welch's "And Along Came a Demon." It's light reading, the characters are fun and funny and I enjoyed it.

Try Divergent, by Veronica Roth. Absolutely excellent for someone who loved the Hunger Games! I read it all in one sitting!

Maija Totally agree! Love Divergent!
Jul 25, 2011 05:18AM · flag

F 25x33
erika i have no idea how that happened to the book names
Jul 22, 2011 03:31PM · flag

I really enjoyed The Midnighter Series (also by Scott Westerfeld)

Maybe the Midnighters series if you liked those titles you mentioned earlier??!?

Jeanette (last edited Jul 11, 2011 07:52AM ) Jul 11, 2011 07:49AM   0 votes
I think of Hunger Games as a Dystopian genre. Here are more of the same...

Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi Bruiser by Neal Shusterman Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Everlost (Skinjacker, #1) by Neal Shusterman The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman

Another favorite is The House of the Scorpian by Nancy Farmer. I couldn't find a link for that one.

Happy Reading!!

I just found this new series I really enjoyed, I still need to read the third book which I am getting wednesday but may try these: The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley The Resistance (The Declaration, #2) by Gemma Malley The Legacy (The Declaration, #3) by Gemma Malley and also liked The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan and the sequal The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) by Carrie Ryan

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs.
Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaughn
Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
Vioces of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn