Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Hush, Hush discussion


496 views
who thinks that the plot of this is similar to twilight but with angels?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D Not being funny or anything yeah but the plot of this book actually made me lol because it was freakishly similar, please tell me your views and dont worry if you disagree :D


message 2: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D i disagree because i think both books have potential and have both been able to grab my attention. i must say that hush hush did involve the element of surprise and thriller :D


Jellybug There is no theme park in Twilight and the sequels differ more than the first books. Also, i think the characters do have some of the same characteristics. i wish they did one were the girl was not always straight away in love with the hot boy. We need a book with a strong independent girl. One that wont cry when they get dumped.


Jellybug The authors style of writing differs alot to. Becca Fitzopatrick being the better one. Have u read the short life of bree tanner it was poo.


message 5: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D i agree with you to an extent because i think that the two girls are similar but just choose to express their feeling through different ways, bella through crying and moping and nora expressed her feelings through anger and pretense. I also agree with your comment that we do need a new character to put them to shame by making her independant and uncaring. The authors writing styles i dont think differ that much.


Jellybug i still want the character to care just not be so moppy and sad because she couldnt get one boy it makes girls look desperate sometimes.


message 7: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D i too agree that authors make girls especially teenage girls look vunerable and desperate. I think in this modern day and age why cant they make a boy vunerable?!


Bulma Books I thought Hush Hush was like Twilight but boy was I wrong!!! Cuz Patch is soooooooooooo not an Edward~


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Patch is AWESOME!! ! But no, I dont think they were really alike. I mean they had some of the same elements, but other than that they were completely different. Plus Hush, Hush was better.


message 10: by nine (new) - rated it 5 stars

nine I agree. I don't see a lot of similarities.


Kevin I don't think they were alike at ALL! Hush Hush has mystery and suspense and had insanely intriguing characters which I think twilight COMPLETELY lacked...that's my opinion.


message 12: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D Bulma wrote: "I thought Hush Hush was like Twilight but boy was I wrong!!! Cuz Patch is soooooooooooo not an Edward~"

lol, i do agree with you to an extent but i do believe their is the simularity of mystery :D


maddie Not at all


Nurlely Hush Hush and Twilight are different. Hush Hush is better than Twilight and Becca Fitzpatrick is a better writer than Stephenie Meyer.


maddie AGREED


message 16: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D Nurlely wrote: "Hush Hush and Twilight are different. Hush Hush is better than Twilight and Becca Fitzpatrick is a better writer than Stephenie Meyer."

Maybe that is because twilight was Stephenie Meyers first popular book that actually got a lot of media and attention whereas becca fitzpatrick is more of a professional author?


message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen Hossack I think it's quite similar except that I don't like Patch and Nora as much as I liked Edward and Bella so it created a problem for me. Should I read the sequel or not? Do Patch and Nora become better characters?


maddie Not necessarilly better characters but their love changes and you SHOULD read the sequel....... Amazinggggg


Nurlely haribo :D wrote: "Maybe that is because twilight was Stephenie Meyers first popular book that actually got a lot of media and attention whereas becca fitzpatrick is more of a professional author? "

I've known Twilight before the movie was released. It was not so popular back there, not until the movie was released and Stephenie got more fans from the series.

Becca is better than Stephenie because Becca did not write lots of flaws in her series. Stephenie created a fantasy world in her novels with lots of flaws.


message 20: by Ina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ina Well Nora & Patch met in Biology class..which is similar to Twilight because I think Bella & Edward met in Biology Class as well.


message 21: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D Ina wrote: "Well Nora & Patch met in Biology class..which is similar to Twilight because I think Bella & Edward met in Biology Class as well."

they did lol


Nurlely Ina wrote: "Well Nora & Patch met in Biology class..which is similar to Twilight because I think Bella & Edward met in Biology Class as well."

That's nice. But Edward considered Bella as his favourite 'meal' while Patch was there for Norah.


message 23: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ in the beginning of the book, i must admit i thought they were reasonably familiar.. but after i came halfway through and after i read crescendo, i realize that they are quite different


Bulma Books Meghana wrote: "in the beginning of the book, i must admit i thought they were reasonably familiar.. but after i came halfway through and after i read crescendo, i realize that they are quite different"


Exactly, they are not the same.


Whitney There are quite a few similarities if you want to look at the bigger picture. The girl meets guy whose something not quite what he seems. Her getting dragged into his dangerous world. Their unexplainable attraction. But it's not like I read hush hush and only thought about twilight. There are enough differences that I wouldn't call it a knock off by any means.


Sandy Well there are certain aspects in the books that are similar.

Absent mothers, meeting in Biology class. Boy wanting to kill girl but then falling in love with her. Girl automatically thinking boy is completely hot. Boy's "world" being very dangerous for girl but that tends to be a fact for most paranormal YAs if the guy is not human.

Other than those points though I thought the stories were very different from each other as well as the writing. I found Hush, Hush to be a lot more action packed as opposed to Twilight which dragged a lot for the majority of the first book and did not pick up pace until the end. And although Nora gets really irritating in the second book I liked her a lot in Hush, Hush. While Bella was just an OK character to me.


Rosemary Girls are boy crazy almost always. That is a known fact. So even though Nora "straight away fell in love with Patch" doesn't make it lesser in my mind. It's hard for girls not to think Ooo, he's cute! when they see an adorably mysterious guy.
I think it isn't all that similar. Can't books have a slightly darker plot without being compared to Twilight?

Not everything has to be registered with Twilight...


message 28: by haribo :D (new)

haribo :D Rosemary wrote: "Girls are boy crazy almost always. That is a known fact. So even though Nora "straight away fell in love with Patch" doesn't make it lesser in my mind. It's hard for girls not to think Ooo, he's cu..."

i do understand what your saying but to me i thought there were a lot of similiarities other than the differences mentioned by everyone. i am not insinuating that all books that have a boy and girl fall for eachother are gonna be a copy of twilight i just thought they did consist of some similiarities too.


message 29: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I have to disagree... I found no similarities between Hush Hush and Twilight. Otherwise I wouldn't have read it! Although Twilight was goood, I'm not gonna read something similar to it, or it would be like reading Twilight for the 10th time! So not my desire, thank you!

Anyways, I would have fallen in love with Patch straight away too! He's simply so hot and irresistible!


message 30: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Jellybug wrote: "We need a book with a strong independent girl. One that wont cry when they get dumped. "

We have yet to find her in real life! It's hard not to cry when you love someone and that someone dumps you!


Nurlely Hush Hush is totally different with Twilight. Hush Hush is well written while Twilight contains too many flaws.


Mubashira Ahmed both are a little similar...but hush hush is far too better!!!! PATCH PATCH PATCH PATCH


message 33: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ YES YES YES YES!!! I LOVE PATCH!


Sylvia also Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini has a very strong female lead who is hating on the hot boy from the start (actually wants to tear him apart) and is action packed from the first page with a lot of twists and turns so I highly recommend that!!! As for comparisons, Hush Hush is better written and the characters are alot more believable...I would have me some Patch over Edward anyday of the week...


message 35: by sofia (last edited Jul 19, 2011 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

sofia Well, in a way... both Edward and Patch wanted to kill the main characters.

BUT...

Patch wanted to kill Nora just because he didn't care about her well-being (yet). He just wanted to get rid of her.

WHEREAS...

Edward wanted to kill Bella because he thirsted for her blood. It's an instinctual hunger that he couldn't resist.

THEREFORE...

Technically, it's not the same as Twilight. There are no vampires. No blood-sucking. No werewolves.

There are super-powers though. And Patch and Nora's romance is just as difficult as Edward and Bella's. (:


Amanda Lopez whomever believes that hush hush and twilight are the same is CRAZY! It's not at all. period.


Rystal i think that they are totally different and that hush hush is soo much better than twilight!!! i can see some similarities but i would not think that they were the same but with angels instead of vamps!! ;D


message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

^ i have to agree with you twilight is good in its own way but hush hush has like an addictive way of sucking you into reading more and more. i like twilight because of edward and bella but if it did not have them it honestly would not be interesting at all.


Jessica Mooney No I disgree I dont think it does at all


message 40: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Twilight has no relation whatsoever to Hush, Hush! lol


message 41: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I don't like twilight but I read it 3 years ago. When I was reading Hush Hush, I thought it was kind of a twilight rip off. I'm not saying anything bad about Hush Hush, I actually liked it a lot better than twilight. But it was really similar. Just how they were both in the perspective of a teenage girl who falls in love with this mysterious, dangerous guy who wants to kill her. They both also met these guys being a lab partner in science class.


message 42: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Hush Hush had an amazing plot and twilight had an okay plot.


message 43: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Oh gosh wow 2 similarities. I didn't think anything besides that was similar.


sofia Amy wrote: "I don't like twilight but I read it 3 years ago. When I was reading Hush Hush, I thought it was kind of a twilight rip off. I'm not saying anything bad about Hush Hush, I actually liked it a lot be..."

Both the mysterious dangerous guys have super powers, haha.

And both the female protagonists are not supposed to know about them, and they are both sworn to secrecy.

haha, I love the book too, but I just thought I'd point that out!


message 45: by Jazz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz I saw similarities to the plot of Twilight. It was most obvious at the part where she looked up info on fallen angels on the internet and that he was supposed to kill her. Plus, Patch is all delicious-looking and so is Edward (supposedly) while Bella and Nora are apparently plain janes. But, that'd be where it ends. Hush, Hush is way better than Twilight.


message 46: by Paige (new) - added it

Paige When I first read the back of this book I thought "oh lord, its going to be just like Twilight." I actually started laughing because of how much it sounded EXACTLY like Twilight and I wasn't even sure I wanted to read it anymore.. I'm glad I did though because it wasn't anything like I expected and I loved it. The characters are drastacly different from that of twilight and patch is becoming my new favorite bad boy. I love how patch and nora interact and the book had me smiling the whole time. Overall, when I was actually reading the book I didn't think of twilight once and, at least in my mind, all the similarities that I saw stopped at the description on the back of the book.


Ashlie I dont think so at all. They are totally different in my opinion.


message 48: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous i disagree hush hush and twilight are so different.
reason: hush hush is so much better!!! it has suspense and is entertaining while twilight is so gloomy. also patch is so much better and funnier than edward.


message 49: by J.B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.B. Sullivan Hush Hush is far better than Twilight. Twilight has been done so many times before and the vampire-who-gets-laid story is getting so boring now. It's been going on for 7 or more years now. Becca brings a breath of fresh air from that with Hush Hush. I read Twilight and laughed at its unoriginality yet Hush Hush is original. It's not often you get Angels mentioned like that in novels. Plus, there are absolutely no similarities between Twilight and Hush HUsh. Hush Hush is under rated whereas Twilight is over rated with a damn good PR package. Roles should have been reversed. Hush Hush deserves more attention than what it is getting.


message 50: by J.B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.B. Sullivan Whitney wrote: "There are quite a few similarities if you want to look at the bigger picture. The girl meets guy whose something not quite what he seems. Her getting dragged into his dangerous world. Their unexpla..."
The boy meets girl, cue fatal attraction happens
everyday in every walk of life. No two romances are ever the same.


« previous 1 3 4
back to top