Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Help! What to read next?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments I don't know what to read next. So far I have read the Vampire Academy, BDB, the Highlander, Fever, Night Huntress, Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, Hunger Games, and Study series. Any suggestions on what to read next? I would prefer that the series be completed though. I hate having to wait for the next book! : )

texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com (prufreadsblogspotcom) | 198 comments Demonica by Larissa Ione.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 31 comments I have read most of those too so here are some others I enjoy

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson the series is not done but there are 10 books so far!

Bitten & Smitten by Michelle Rowen series complete but she is actually starting a new series with the same characters with a different publisher I love all her stuff

The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris not complete but 11 books

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead LOVE HER! 5 books so far 6th one out in August! SO GOOD!!!!!

Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilon 20 books so far but I only read through the 7th because they do change but I loved the first 7 and some love them all so worth try

message 4: by Jessica `~Blahyze~` (last edited Jun 28, 2011 08:04PM) (new)

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` The Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent.
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

It is a complete series.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Hackett | 8 comments I gotta tell ya, I hope you will read some indies!

I read a book called Graveminder by Melissa Mar that I found really interesting. It is about the living and the dead and a curse. Really interesting.

I also read an awesome book called The President's Vampire about this vampire named Nathaniel Cade who protects the U.S. Presidents for the past 140 years. Not sure who it's by - but it was really cool.

Also, if you like Science Fiction Romance, you can check out my book: The Observer, about a member of the Ancient Observer race that created humanity who falls in love with one of us. It combines Sci-Fi like action with romance.

Happy reading Rebecca!

Chris

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments What about trilogies? There is the Hourglass Door by Magnum that is awesome, the Iron Fey series by Kagawa.
Ummm, Chicagoland Vampires is awesome but it it only on book 4 and there are at least 3 more in the works and they end on cliffhangers.
What about the Fever series by Moning? It is done and it was pretty darn good.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I have read the first two books of Shana Abe's series starting with The Smoke Thief and loved them - have the next three sitting here to read but trying to restrain from tearing through the series. Each book is a different couple within the same story so makes it easier to consider them separately, and I think they are all written. Love her writing - it's shape shifting and dragons. Definitely romance.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I was going to suggest The Iron Fey but there is still another book to wait for. It is my second favorite YA series next to The Mortal Instruments.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber | 43 comments I 2nd Demonica! I've only read the first one so far, but I also read the first book in the new spin-off called Eternal Rider and they're just amazing books. Larissa can write!!

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Thanks for the suggestions! I think Im going to start the Demonica series since I have the first one. I did add the others to my TBR list though!

message 11: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) OMG Rebecca, you HAVE to read the Night Huntress series!!!! It's the BEST!

message 12: by Kelleigh (last edited Jun 29, 2011 01:39PM) (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Halfway to the Grave

Is the first - It's a series by Jeanenne Frost. You'll love them!

message 13: by Magda (new)

Magda | 558 comments Immortals After Dark. Steamy & funny.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Kelleigh, I have read the Night Huntress series and I do love them!! Thanks though!