Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > Cambria, Cassie and I will be hosting a blog talk radio show!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 281 (281 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
Starting tonight, we will be hosting our very first episode of JournalJabber, hosted by JournalStone!! We will be talking about books, movies, and whatever kind of tangent we get off on, and if you have read any of the threads, you know we can get off on some weird tangents!!

This should be a lot of fun, and I urge you, all of our new GoodReads friends, to join us on this fun excursion! Eventually we may be taking author interviews and asking for book suggestions on what we should talk about on the show. We are all quite excited. And there is a chat feature and call in feature on the show where you can get in on it with us!

We should have GREAT fun!! It starts at 9pm Eastern Time TONIGHT!!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/journalj...

message 2: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments LOL i just put a thread too.....yours sounds better. :)

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments who is going to listen??

message 4: by Amy Eye (new)

I will DEFINITELY be there!! :)

message 5: by Baxter (new)

Baxter Trautman Congratulations. How fun. I'll be there for your inaugural show. I already have my first question!

Baxter Clare Trautman, The River Within
Web site: http://baxterclare.com
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 6: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Awesome! I hope it can be downloaded afterward.

Splitter

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Ahhh I'll have to tune in!! Can't wait, I bet it'll be great :)

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments *raises hand* I'll be there too!!! LOL

Be prepared for more tangents than anything!! ;-)

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Tangents are always awsome!

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Klehr (goodreadscomkevink) | 13 comments Just noticed that you're on in 28 minutes. Am setting a timer so I don't forget.

message 11: by Amy Eye (new)

I can't wait! It's getting close!! I hope to see you all there! WOO HOO!!!

message 12: by Amy Eye (new)

And Splitter, yes, once the shows are over, they can be listened to later on if you miss it!! :)

message 13: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments 4 minutes!

message 14: by Kevin (last edited Jun 28, 2011 07:13PM) (new)

Kevin Klehr (goodreadscomkevink) | 13 comments Enjoying the show at the moment. Like the idea of reading in your pajamas, but I sleep naked. Should I read naked?

message 15: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Most definitely read naked. I do it all the time

message 16: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Who listened?? Who thought it was a good time?

message 17: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Haha i listened and can't wait for next week :)

message 18: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Me either!! Thanks for listening!

message 19: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Hahaha I love randomness in general, it was a good break :)

message 20: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I think so too!! Don't forget to check your toilet!!

message 21: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Hahaha I did! But I'm in Jersey, so I dont' think I'm in that warmer states thing, but when I travel, you can bet I will. My fear of snakes is as bad as your fear of chickens....

message 22: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Ahhhhh! Chickens!!

message 23: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments hahahaha excatly! I'm to that level...

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Klehr (goodreadscomkevink) | 13 comments Ottilie wrote: "Hahaha I did! But I'm in Jersey, so I dont' think I'm in that warmer states thing, but when I travel, you can bet I will."

I'm in the middle of a Sydney winter. Most people would say that's still warm (17 degrees Celsius) but not to us who live here.

message 25: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments Haha I have bad circulation I'm a bad reference

message 26: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Brrrrrrrrr get out your bunny slippers

message 27: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments I 'listened'...(actually, I really did go back and listen). What a great time!

My toilet is all clear...except, well, maybe it could use a good cleanin' ;-)... J/K...

Kevin, would you like to send me a plane ticket?? I don't dig the 90-ish degree humidity we're having 'round here!

message 28: by Amy Eye (last edited Jun 29, 2011 02:16AM) (new)

I'm glad the people who tuned in had a great time. Our chat board was going crazy, and everyone was laughing hysterically. I will always remember our first show. Who ever knew we would be talking about naked parts, chickens, poopers, and determining what Cambria was gonna say next!!

I will make another post on this later on, but for those of you who are interested, we will be reading and discussing Hollowland Hollowland (The Hollows, #1) by Amanda Hocking and Living With the Dead: With Spring Comes the Fall Living With the Dead With Spring Comes the Fall by Joshua Guess for our zombie show next Tuesday. This is a very hands on, interactive show, so you are free to join us in the chat room, and we can even have some people calling in to chit chat with us!

There will also be a book give away for those who can answer a few trivia questions about the books for the week. So brush up on your zombie lit and get yourself in good with three crazy chics and a microphone!!

Week one down, several more to go!! Can't wait!

message 29: by Phil (new)

Phil Cantrill | 313 comments Hi, Kevin, neighbour. I'm on the Sunshine Coast. It gets a bit chilly here too, this time of year.

message 30: by Baxter (new)

Baxter Trautman Hi Ladies - fun show last night. (I'm glad I didn't let my chickens listen!)

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 31: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I couldn't download the show today. Hope it is up soon!

Splitter

message 32: by Phil (new)

Phil Cantrill | 313 comments Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

We don't seem to have zombie snakes in our toilets in this country, but there are little green frogs that like to live in the bowl, under the rim. Can give you quite a start when they jump out onto whatever's hanging over.

message 33: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Phil wrote: "Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

We don't seem to have zombie snakes in our toilets in this country, but there are little green f..."

Bahaha...

Can I adopt you?

message 34: by Phil (last edited Jun 29, 2011 10:33PM) (new)

Phil Cantrill | 313 comments Cassie wrote: "Phil wrote: "Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

We don't seem to have zombie snakes in our toilets in this country, but there are l..."

That's the best offer I've had all day...
Does this mean I can call you Mummy?

message 35: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Phil wrote: "Cassie wrote: "Phil wrote: "Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

We don't seem to have zombie snakes in our toilets in this country, ..."

Actually, I was going to call you Daddy... But, whatever ;-)...

message 36: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 713 comments Phil wrote: "Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

We don't seem to have zombie snakes in our toilets in this country, but there are little green f..."

Hey, by the way... Did I pronounce your name correctly on the show? I wasn't sure if it is CANtrill or CanTRILL... And, honestly, I don't remember how I said it...LOL... We rednecks have a tendency to really draw out some syllables ;-)...

message 37: by Phil (new)

Phil Cantrill | 313 comments Cassie wrote: "Phil wrote: "Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

We don't seem to have zombie snakes in our toilets in this country, but there are l..."

You pronounced it the way I always have -- accent on the first syllable. Does that prove you're my Mummy?

message 38: by Amy Eye (new)

I wonder why you were unable to get it, Splitter, I just went to check it out, and the "On Demand" version is up and functioning. Let me know if you are still having any issues with it! :)

message 39: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Baxter wrote: "Hi Ladies - fun show last night. (I'm glad I didn't let my chickens listen!)

http://www.smashwords.com/boo..."

No chickens aloud on the blog radio show!!!! :)

message 40: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments C.S. wrote: "I couldn't download the show today. Hope it is up soon!

Splitter"

Phil wrote: "Just listened to JournalJabber. You're three crazy ladies -- in the nicest possible way, of course.

EWWWWW! Toilet frogs!

message 41: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments C.S. wrote: "I couldn't download the show today. Hope it is up soon!

Splitter"

Did you get to listen??

message 42: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) Ok where can I find the podcast and can I just subscribe to have it downloaded to my ipod?

message 43: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments My problem with the downlowd was that I kept looking for it on Journal Stone and didn't bother to follow the link you posted here lol.

Yes I did and ya'll were cool! I loved the digressions. I hope you get into having guests too....draw them into your madness :).

Oh, and the reviews were good. I liked the diversity of opinion. It didn't seem like you all were reading from the same script which was good to hear.

Splitter

message 44: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Defintiely not scripted. Its the one thing we want to keep the free flowing dialogue. You never know what's going to come up which i think makes it fun to be a part of. We do hope to have guests and interviews and I most definitely plan to draw them into the madness!

So glad you got to listen in. Next week we are discussing ZOMBIES! LOL.
Its sure to be hilarious!

message 45: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (bookishevents) Ok found it, listening now. Loving the strong southern accents. :) I feel like I've crossed the mason dixon line. Sorry, I'm awful. You know if this gets really big it has a lot of opportunity. Ed's friend does an online radio show for some game called Everquest, Sony flies her and her hubby into Vegas every year for a trade show and sends her a whole bunch of gamey stuff. Her followers send her Christmas gifts. It started as just an online radio show she wanted to do because she had an interest in it. It's quite impressive where she's taken it a few years later. :)

message 46: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments oooohhhh, free stuff?? Awesome! It was actually super fun the other night. And i am from MD, from a small town and I consider myself a northerner but i guess my accent cannot be denied any longer...LOL
I have lived in SC and NC for a combined 6 years now....LOL
I hope the radio show gets more people and interest...i think its fun!
But i'll let you in on a secret....(SHHHHH) what i most hope to get out of this is a book deal with a publisher for my books! LOL

Hey a girls gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

message 47: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Well, notice that I said "ya'll" in my previous post lol.

BTW, small town MD here too! Grew up in Fredneck, lived elsewhere and now back in a MD small town. My book is actually set in a MD small town.

I hear a John cougar Mellencamp Song coming on...

Splitter

message 48: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments MD is a good place. I grew up in western MD in a small town called Cumberland...familar with it?

message 49: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Oh goodness, yes. Partied at Frostburg in my younger days lol

Splitter

message 50: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments OH MY!! I went to Frostburg State for 3 years!! LOL. small world. There are many bars in frostburg and things haven't changed a bit up there.....LMAO

« previous 1 3 4 5 6