Creative Reviews discussion

Looking to Review > Reviews or editing help

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Just wanted to make a new posting so I can sort of give an idea of what I'll do. I can accept books in hard copy (of course) and ebooks. I prefer pdf or epub (Nook) format; I have Kindle for PC only, so any Kindle formats I'd have to read on my computer. I'm open to almost anything - horror, thriller, mystery, suspense, paranormal, occult ... well, my list would go on and on. I think I've mentioned that standard genre romance is not my bag of tea, just FYI. I'll accept final copies or ARCs or bound galleys - just be aware that I'll likely be sending you editing tips if it's not the final version :-) That won't affect my review, however, which is based upon a) how well-written the book is b) how compelling/engaging it is and finally c) how much I personally liked it. I post reviews here (which are copied to Facebook), Shelfari, and among the following where ever I find it: Smashwords, Amazon.com, B&N.com, Borders.com. If you have a specific request to post it elsewhere, I'll do my best. I do NOT have a book blog at this time, but I figure I get the word out by posting reviews where people are shopping for books as well as to the people I know on Facebook.

Speaking of editing tips (well, I was awhile ago), I am also offering copy editing services on a barter system - I'll help copy edit your book for a final copy of whatever book it is plus whatever else we work out (probably a book from my Amazon.com wishlist) I offered Weston Kincade some tips on "Invisible Dawn" and he was very happy with them, so I thought I'd put it out there.

I am a fairly fast reader - in the past 5 days I've read and reviewed 8 books (7 from people here), and I was slowed down by being sick yesterday or it would have been more ... Currently I have what I estimate to be a two week waiting period for new books to be read and reviewed.

Any questions, let me know! thanks!

message 2: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 123 comments I would love for you to take a look at my book and welcome all your thoughts. positive and negative. I look forward to hearing from you. Patti

Paradox - The Angels Are Here by Patti Roberts

message 3: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Hi Katy,

I'm always up for a review. I offer, The Reluctant

Action, adventure, suspense, and thriller in one story told with a liberal dose of humor.

Tom’s problems are not unique. His business is failing and his wife has to work too many hours to make ends meet. He is under some rather large financial pressures and wants more from his marriage and his life.

He finds his respite in the air as a private pilot. Unfortunately for Tom, he is behind on payments for his plane and is forced to take odd jobs from a local crime boss. Tom is no criminal, but the errands he is running are just slightly on the wrong side of the law and the money is almost good enough to allow him to make his plane payments.

Just as things begin to come under some semblance of control, he meets a woman who just might represent the adventure he seeks. He soon discovers that appearances, and beautiful women, can sometimes be deceiving.

“The Reluctant” is the first in the Crayder Chronicles series and yet is a stand alone story with a satisfying conclusion of its own.

80,000 Words (approximately 320 pages)
I would rate it somewhere between PG-13 and R for language, some violence, some mature themes (no graphic sex).

If you are interested in giving your thoughts on it, I would welcome it. Just shoot me a PM and I can either send you a smashwords 100% off coupon (epub and many other formats available0 or send a copy direct in the format of your choice.

Splitter

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love for you to review a couple of books, if you think they would tickle your fancy. I completely understand about time constraints, however. The first is On the Matter of the Red Hand. It is available as a MOBI file or as a PDF. Here is the description as shown on Amazon:

It is night in the city of Teredon, and it is raining. In the shadows, a lone man stands, watching a building across the street. He has been guided here by strange visions- visions that seem to senselessly whisper of dark deeds.

Those visions guides him down a narrow path. Here, surreal, dreamy images lead to the Scarlet Cellar- a haven of criminals that seem untouchable by the hand of the law. Soon, he learns of a missing girl- and her angry, powerful brother. Each is another step down a twisted road that leads to forbidden alchemies and horrific experiments hidden in plain sight.

In a city powered by steam and ancient technology, he is the only one who can understand the true horror of what is happening.

He is Thom, the Judicar.
In two days, his visions will be gone.

The other is the Herald of Autumn, also available in MOBI or PDF formats. Here is the description as shown on Amazon:

Stories live.
They breathe.
They walk the land.

Tommy Maple is the Herald of Autumn, one of the last of his kind. Every year, with the dawn of fall, he awakens, to again wander the land. Wherever he goes, red leaves and cold wind follows him, and wherever he goes- he hunts. There are things unseen in the world of men, strange things that live in the cracks between places. It is Tommy's place to hunt them, protecting us from the darkness that we cannot see.

As the Untold Age dawns, he is one of the few faeling creatures that remains in our world. Creatures borne and breathing stories and magic, and now their age is at an end.

This Autumn , however, is different from those in the past. Tommy awakens to the taunting of an age-old enemy, and is powerless before him. Soon, a sinister tale unfolds- a story that spans centuries and the entire continent, and ends with one bone chilling point.

The Untold Age isn't coming- it's already here.

It's harbingers walk the land.

Now Tommy faces a foe unlike anything he has ever faced before. But soon it is obvious that even one of the last talebourne cannot stand against the cold that comes, and Tommy learns that perhaps, the end is in fact inevitable.

The Untold Age comes.

Please let me know if you would like either (or both) for review and I'll send you a copy. I would appreciate reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Thank you for your time.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Floyd (lynnfloyd) | 12 comments Hi Katy!
My name is Lynn Floyd and I’m a new author who is fixing to re-release my Fantasy Romance What Lies Before Us. It is a beautiful story of adventure, magic and love.
Synopsis:
After the loss of her older sister, Abbie’s parents are reluctant to let her go anywhere. But you can only keep adventures at bay for so long.
To seek their destiny, Abbie and Phyl and their guardian ghosts will embark on an incredible journey. Meeting mermaids, ogres, dragons… and at least one really cute guy.
The question is, will destiny hold what they think it will hold?
I have free unedited review copies available. Let me know if you are interested. I would love your edits/critics to help make my book better.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely
Lynn Floyd

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt Posner (mattposner) | 70 comments Let me recommend Katy. She is one of the first people to get every book I publish, she reads and reviews fast, and her reviews are always thoughtful and detailed.

message 7: by Barbara (last edited May 06, 2013 12:07PM) (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Matt wrote: "Let me recommend Katy. She is one of the first people to get every book I publish, she reads and reviews fast, and her reviews are always thoughtful and detailed."

She's also the best editor EVAH! :)

message 8: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 82 comments Another thumbs up for Katy here. She's an awesome reviewer.