This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

i hate that i cant cook without burning myself numerous times

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I'm a terrible "wife."

In related news, I'm also a terrible "receptionist."

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments Is this a real club of real people you know Oddrun?

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments I guess I didn't think there would still be those kind of clubs.

Smetch, as long as you're not burning the food too. That's all that really matters.

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oddrun wrote: "there is this club called 'obedient wifes', their motto is to do what their husbands want them to do.

Awe. Some.

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments Hey you're right, Rusty. Women with no mind of their own are totally hot.

message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Erika wrote: "Hey you're right, Rusty. Women with no mind of their own are totally hot."

Good. Same page.

message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments Different book?

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan I work full time and still cook, clean, etc., I just bitch the whole time about how I hate everything and comment about how he is completely dependent on me. Men love it when you do that!

ahh! Look at this book I just found. Me? Obey Him? The Obedient Wife and God's Way of Happiness and Blessing in the Home by Elizabeth Rice Handford This book makes me sick

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Woah! I read some of the reviews and someone wrote this:

An example from this book: A man asks his wife for some shears. She asks if he means "scissors". Then he murders her. She goes on to say that this was justified because she did not "accept his decisions gracefully".

message 10: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) Volume 2 is called Yes, you really do need to shut up and make him a sandwich

message 11: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments It didn't post my link yesterday. This was for Rusty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q0pgv...

message 12: by smetchie (last edited Jun 29, 2011 02:51PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Today I'm using the crock pot. How much do you wanna bet I go home, take off the top, and get a wicked steam burn? I even burned myself trying to toast frozen waffles and make coffee at the same time. Someone ought to report me to the 'obedient wifes.'

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Grab the handle and pull it toward you so that the steam escapes away from you. Or is it that you won't remember to be careful and not let the steam burn you? That would be me.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It's the second one. I understand how/why steam burns me but I still burn myself ALL THE TIME.

message 15: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Aren't you married? Have him cook.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

He can't cook just like I can't work the lawn mower.

No, being serious, he isn't home in time to cook.

message 17: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) OK, you cook but make him take the lid off.

message 18: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) What a lawn mower? Oooo, my microwavable dinner is ready!

message 19: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Did she burn herself on the microwave?

message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Tom wrote: "Did she burn herself on the microwave?"

I've done that too. Not on the microwave, because it doesn't get hot. But I've gotten a steam burn from microwaved food.

message 21: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Wouldn't it be cool if there was some kind of device or product that would, i don't know, somewhow allow you to handle hot dishes and pot lids and things?

Servius  Heiner Erika wrote: "Hey you're right, Rusty. Women with no mind of their own are totally hot."

Well it would get boring, but it would be tottaly hot for a weekend once and awhile.

Servius  Heiner Erika wrote: "Hey you're right, Rusty. Women with no mind of their own are totally hot."

Well it would get boring, but it would be tottaly hot for a weekend once and awhile.

Servius  Heiner Tom wrote: "Wouldn't it be cool if there was some kind of device or product that would, i don't know, somewhow allow you to handle hot dishes and pot lids and things?"

I think you're referring to wives, daughters, some down trodden girl that realizes she hit rock bottom a long time ago.

Servius  Heiner Or a pot holder perhaps.

message 26: by Megan (new)

Megan Don't feel bad Smetchie, I burned myself grilling last night.

This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Me? Obey Him? (other topics)