Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

How many times have you read the entire Harry Potter series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 178 (178 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley I'm trying to gage how much of a Harry Potter fanatic I should consider myself. I got the first book when I was eight, 3-4 when I was nine, and the rest in order as they came out. I've read the entire series more than fifteen times, and the first few probably way over twenty. I consider it an offense to myself if I don't read the series at least once a year now. Also, if there is even a minor detail that I find I've forgotten, I have to read the entire series again so I remember it.

Arti More than 20 each

Christina Oh, it's you again. Lol.
Yes, I re-read the series every year or so - currently re-reading now, in fact. When I was younger I used to keep a tally of how many times I had read each book on its inside cover, and all of my copies are falling apart! I stopped doing that, though, so I've actually lost count, and my copies are currently in storage (had to get them out of the library!)... but I know I read Goblet Of Fire over 40 times - that was my favourite for a long time. I went through a stage where I would finish reading it and just go back to the beginning again. Obsessive much? Haha.
I think what I loved so much about them is that, with our generation, we kind of aged with them, you know? I was seven when I read the first one, and seventeen when the final one came out... and as we (and the characters) got older, the books became deeper and more complicated... I don't know. Anyway.

Arti me again?

message 5: by Christina (last edited Jun 19, 2011 09:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina Oh, no I didn't see your post when I wrote that. I meant Dalia :)
But you too, if you want to be included :P

Arti oh! i thought you meant it in a mean way. srry

Christina Arti wrote: "oh! i thought you meant it in a mean way. srry"

Naww, of course not :) lol

Alunsina most of the book i read twice except the last one which i am currently finishing on the third reading because I am reminding myself of the things i missed before the final movie. :)

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley Christina wrote: "Oh, it's you again. Lol.
Yes, I re-read the series every year or so - currently re-reading now, in fact. When I was younger I used to keep a tally of how many times I had read each book on its in..."

Oh my God we are the same person. Although I admit you've beaten me in the tallies. I used to keep a tally too but now I've lost count also. Yes, I love how our generation was raised on Harry Potter! I think I was sixteen when the last one came out. I think it's unfortunate that the younger generation are seeing the less-than-adequate movies before they read the brilliance itself.

Juliet I read them first when I was eight in second grade, the seventh one in fourth because it just came out. I have read the series as a whole twelve times, I think I might have read the sixth more than that though

Christina Dalia wrote: "Oh my God we are the same person. Although I admit you've beaten me in the tallies. I used to keep a tally too but now I've lost count also. Yes, I love how our generation..."
Agreed about the movie thing, although I have to say that the movies have been getting better and better. I went to see the first few purely to be able to sit there and point out the inconsistencies between the film and the book, but the last few have actually been pretty good. Mostly to do with Helena Bonham Carter though, I LOVE her. Still, the films have NOTHING on the books... and I worry about all the children these days who are judging the books by the movies and choosing not to read them - they're missing out on so much!!

Juliet Christina wrote: "Dalia wrote: "Oh my God we are the same person. Although I admit you've beaten me in the tallies. I used to keep a tally too but now I've lost count also. Yes, I love how our generation..."
Agreed ..."

I COMPLETELY agree!

Ashley Everytime a new book would come out I would reread all of the ones before and have sense read the entire series atleast 2 more times. I was so excited when I found perfect hardback copies of the first two at my local used bookstore, now I have the entire set in hardback, gave my paperbacks to my friend hoping she will love the books as much as she loves the movies.

message 14: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti i read them all after they came out

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

10 times

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I mean 0

Juliet ???^^

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

o

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

well i do not know but0

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

but 0

Juliet u r confusing me.......:P

message 23: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti ????what??

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley Goran wrote: "Seriously...why would you read the same thing 20 times? That's bordering on idiocy,sorry."

How is that bordering idiocy? Idiocy is not reading at all! We want to keep the fantastic stories fresh in our minds. And they're just as good every time, minus the fact that we already know what's going to happen.

message 25: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti Goran wrote: "Seriously...why would you read the same thing 20 times? That's bordering on idiocy,sorry."

no!

message 26: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti Dalia wrote: "Goran wrote: "Seriously...why would you read the same thing 20 times? That's bordering on idiocy,sorry."

How is that bordering idiocy? Idiocy is not reading at all! We want to keep the fantast..."

YAH!

message 27: by Julz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Julz Rulz Arti wrote: "More than 20 each"

DANG!!! TWENTY!! that's amazing! I've only read each book seven times each and twenty definitely beats that! XD

message 28: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti :) thanx

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

i've read each book probably the bare minimum of thirty times there just to irresistably i think the year of 2011 will allow me to double that number i just feel like im missing something in the books.

Nesibe three times

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Goran wrote: "Seriously...why would you read the same thing 20 times? That's bordering on idiocy,sorry."

sorry but i've read them more then twenty times and im not idiotic yet next time you should read them more and not critise people for doing what they love READING!

Willa well 7 times the full set

Kenya O'Neill I've read the entire series twice, and I've read the first few books three times. I want to read the series again, especially the last few because memory fades, but I don't think I could read the series over and over again. I love the series more than any other series I've read, but I need to devote time to other books that are just as good :)

Madeline I read #1 when i was 5 during a road trip. I've read the entire series like 2 times but I've read the 7th like 20.

Madeline Goran, maybe some people like to re read their favorite books. I know I do. MYOB.

message 36: by V C (new) - rated it 5 stars

V C Willow Goran if all you've got to say is troll like petty comments trog off elsewhere, it's great to meet people who are enthusiastic about reading and books.

So Goran to sum it up for you..Jog on.

Everyone else...think I've read the series about four times all the way through. Am currently just finishing the Order of the Phoenix and want to finish the series again before the final film comes out on 15th July. Mega excited to see the last instalment. The films are of course vastly inferior to the books as by their very nature they have to be the abridged version or the films would go on for days but they are still very good and I own and have watched them all countless times.

Has everyone read 'The tales of Beedle the Bard'? What did you all think?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Six? It's hard to gauge because I know I read HBP something like 7 or 8 times, but when I was little I used to skip CoS when I reread, because I didn't like it as much.

message 38: by V C (new) - rated it 5 stars

V C Willow If you want to be a troll do so its your right, but don't infect everyone else's pleasure with your gripping, misery-spreading and pettiness. If you don't like HP or people who love HP go elsewhere but don't ruin it for everyone.

I'll ignore your rudeness as your not worth rising to the bait for. I hope everyone follows suit and ignores you too.

message 39: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti Well guess what?! If you love the the books then you'll read them! Is that a problem? No I didn't think so. I read other books too! I take a break in between! Gosh, just cause you dont doesn't mean everyone doesn't have to

message 40: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti i dont read 24/7!!! gosh!

Katie Dillon i'm actually embarrassed to say how many times i've read these books.

message 42: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti don't be!

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley I agree with Vc. From now one I'll just ignore all trolls. Although I have to admit, the thing about health made me lol like I haven't for a while! there are a lot worse things we can be doing for our health than reading. A LOT. And, Katie, you def. don't need to be embarrassed about how many times you've read the books. That's the whole point of this discussion! :)

✿Sandra I have read the entire series twice. I read the books in the order they came out and then I read through the whole series again after reading the last book. I know that's mello compared to some of you, but I am a working mother and can't always read as much as I would like.

I started the series by reading them to my oldest son, and, by the time the last book was released, I had to purchase two copies of 6 and 7 so my middle son and I wouldn't have to fight over them. I have read some of the books three times but not the whole series. They are on the small list of books that I plan to read again, and the only ones I know I will read multiple times before my life is over. Also, I think I am more excited about the last movie than all three of my boys! :)

message 45: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti yah!

Juliet lol!

message 47: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti WHOO!!!!!

✿Sandra I think I am accidentally intruding on private conversations going on between you two! HAHA :)

Juliet We can get a little excited sometimes, but we are grateful for your input :P

Juliet I wish other people in my family liked Harry Potter, but it's just me and my older brother. I guess that's good enough because he gets to take me to all the movies and I don't have to beg anyone for a ride :P. I think I might have ruined it for my other siblings because I never shut up about it, haha!

« previous 1 3 4