Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Into the Wild discussion

Why does Rusty leave his home?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Karencarly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karencarly Hi! I'm Karen! This month's discussion over "Warriors: Into the Wild" has a hard question to answer... Why does Rusty leave his cushy home in the first place? I have read all the Warrior books so far, and this question still haunts me... So, I would be happy to get some comments from you guys! Don't be shy, just give me a shout on why YOU think Rusty left his home to try out the hard life of a warrior cat! Then, tell me if you think Rusty regrets going to live in the wild! See Ya!

message 2: by Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) I think he left his home because he wanted to explore more about the wild cats.

message 3: by Anna-Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna-Marie Hi Karen,

I think that Rusty left his home because he wanted to see what else was out there. And when you think about it, even we want to go and explore the world and leave our cosy home sometime. And even though he might of regreted it, I think the times that he loved it, outweighed the times that he thought about going back. Also, he does become the leader of Thunderclan and is becoming more and more respected. I hope this is helpful.

Anna-Marie.

message 4: by Carmen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Carmen He wasnt meant for kittypet life. He had heard about living in the wild and really wanted to. I guess he didnt feel at home.

P.S. all the other books are really good!!!!!!!

message 5: by Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) Agreed Carmen!

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly He left because Starclan where sending him dreams, urging him into the wild. Beforehand Spottedleaf gave Bluestar a prophecy that fire would save the clan, we later learn this "fire" meant Rusty, Or Firepaw/heart/star in honour of his flame coloured pelt.
Starclan did not interfere with his choice though, he made it himself. Even though he was born a kittypet he had the makings of warrior and later became the leader.
He did sometimes feel like going back. Especially during leafbare and when he visited his sister. But his loyalty never wavered, especially when he became deputy and started to take up more dutys when Bluestar became "ill"

hope i helped

message 7: by George (new)

George i kinda think he left home because he wanted to prove to the nieghbour cat and to himself he could be tough.

Caroline Sarage I think Rusty (a.k.a. Firepaw/heart/star) left his warm Twoleg home because he felt that his life wasn't satisfying enough. Rusty starts receiving vivid dreams about hunting, either from his conscience or StarClan. He begins to get interested in the concept of living in the wild. Rusty finally decides to go into the forest, where he meets Graypaw/stripe, Lionheart, and Bluestar, who tell him of hunts and battles, success and strife, leisurely mornings in greenleaf and hard leafbare nights. It definitly sounded more exciting then the daily bowl of bland food, measly pet or two, and nap. He had the makings of a warrior, and he joined ThunderClan, laying out his destiny to become a great warrior, deputy, and, eventually, one of ThunderClans' greatest leaders.

Amelia I think he left his kittypet home because I think he wanted adventure and his live with his folks was the same everyday and so I think he left his home for deferent days that lay ahead of him. And I think he toke the right chose even though he had to face a lot of dangers.

message 10: by Wolf (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wolf I think Rusty felt deep inside of him that it was the right thing to do. Maybe he didn't realize it at the time, but his dreams kinda pathed a path for him. If he hadn't followed that path, he would've just staued at home. He probably also felt the ancient ancestors of wildcats deep in him, and the hunger for freedom.

message 11: by Sella (new) - added it

Sella Malin Rusty was born to be a forest cat. Being a kittypet was never right for him. It's wasn't his life. Even when he was still trapped inside his twolegs walls, he always looked out toward the forest. He would never have been satisfied as a kittypet, because he was meant to walk the path of the Clans. The soft comforts of a kittypet would never have quenched his thirst of the wonders of the wild cats. It was his destiny to leave.

Alison I agree.

ThunderStar It says in the book.Hedosent want to go to the "cutter" as they call it.Anyway he probaly thought it would be fun in the forest.

Annie/Soul i think that Rusty left his home because he dreamed so much about life out in the wild and desperately wanted to go there because he didn't like the life of a kittypet. once Graypaw came up, he wanted to be like the wild cat and when Bluestar and Lionheart came, they offered him the chance he had wanted in a lifetime. it kind of explains it along when you go deeper into the book. (also it might have freaked Rusty out when Bluestar mentioned the cutter.)

Annie/Soul also, he was born kind of in a way a wild cat and the prophecy mentioned him so he had to follow.

ThunderStar Also the story would be no good if he didn't go into the wild =)

Trish Ever hear the saying "Curiosity killed the cat?"
Rusty left home because he couldn't resist!

Annie/Soul Well, Yes in a way. But also instinct and well...Yeah maybe curiosity. Your right.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I think he left beacause he thought he might be able to actually feel free.

Jacob I think he left because he met some cats that were agressive, fierce, brave, and strong and he saw that he wanted to be like them

message 22: by Rick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rick He felt the call that all of us have sometimes felt. Leaving what is safe and secure to see what other fulfillment life can offer.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

He thinks that this is his only chance to be brave and this would kill his pride of he backed down. I think he was also offended of the way the used kittypet and he wanted to prove them wrong!

message 24: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko i think star clan was pushing him forward he was tired of twolegs taking care of him he wanted to take care of himself it said all he wanted to do was hunt one mouse. he did not expect to find wild cats or become part of them even though he didn't like his two legs or the food they fed him. he didn't wan't to be taken to the "cutter" like the other fat cat.

Silvermist His heart told him that he was ment to be out their. Like me when its raining outside and i just HAVE to go out and play in it!!

message 26: by Silvermist (last edited May 07, 2011 06:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Silvermist But he still misses his twoleg sometimes (not really anymore).

message 27: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Because the lure of the forest was too much for him. He is a true warrior at heart.

Just like Tiger was.... she ran away a few years ago, somehow she opened the window and she never came back.

message 28: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Lol I wrote the above(post 24) in 2009! XD That's effin hilarious!!!

Maria Scalise I think he left his home life because he was not happy there.

Kataury honestly, it's obvious. As interesting as a book about cats would be, who would want to read about a cat... in a house... who plays with other cats in the neighborhood?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

true...

message 32: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Kataury wrote: "honestly, it's obvious. As interesting as a book about cats would be, who would want to read about a cat... in a house... who plays with other cats in the neighborhood?"

That could be interesting if written properly! ;)

Silvermist So true!! I agree with u Scourge(Lyla)!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe....maybe the cats could become....ZOMBIES! =D ...

idk, dont ask...

Silvermist question mark

Kataury I'd have to disagree, I can't imagine any interest in learning about the cat's average life... 80% of it most likely consists of sleeping already.

message 37: by Kc (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kc Hey Karen!

I think Rusty left his luxurious kitty pet life with the two legs because he just got bored. If you have everytying handed to you in life, you don't have the joy of working hard for things and earning what you have. Also he wanted to see what was out there in the world when he really worked for his home and food and things. At first, I think he regretted it because it was hard for him adjusting, but after feeling the joy of earning what you have, I think he started to enjoy it and work harder. Hope this helped!

message 38: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Kataury wrote: "I'd have to disagree, I can't imagine any interest in learning about the cat's average life... 80% of it most likely consists of sleeping already."

I said if written, properly, meaning with much unusual habits within Rusty's wild imagination and free spirit. I SERIOUSLY doubt Rusty would sleep all day. For all you know, he could have discovered SkyClan while he was there! Great possibility!

message 39: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Animal Lover wrote: "So true!! I agree with u Scourge(Lyla)!"

Thanks. :)

Dahlia( Prehistoric Nut) Rusty(A.K.A. FireStar) was just curious about life in the woods, how it felt to taste mouse for a first time, living wild. He had a urge to explore. He was tired of his kittypet food and the same thing everyday.

message 41: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko 1. There's no need to capitalize the 's' in 'star'. It is Firestar.
2. What is Dahlia?? I have a song on my Ipod called "Black Dahlia" but I'm to lazy to search it... lol

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ Are you sure it's Dahlia, instead of Dalila?

message 43: by Lyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyla Neko Nope it's Dahlia. I figured out what it was. It's a type of flower... lol

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ :o :) :/ :D

Ssnek He wanted to stay a tom. Bluestar said it has it's 'benefits'. :0 lol

Rhiannon I think he left his home becuz' he felt like it. lol

message 47: by AC (new) - added it

AC He left his home because he wanted to taste a mouse and wanted to be free from boring life at home. He then finds out that he was hunting in somebody else's territory. He joins ThunderClan, etc. :D

Madeline He left because he must have had wild blood in his veins. He was the kind of living thing who doesn't like containment.

message 49: by Lynx (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynx I thik he left because he kept having dreams about hunting in the woods, when smudge tells him about "the Wild cats" in the woods, Rusty thought they might not be as bad a Smudge was making them out to be. This, he finds is true when he was hunting outside of the garden and meet's graypaw, bluestar, and lionheart. they convince him to join the clan, partly becouse bluestar thinks he is the "fire", partly because he put up such a good fight when graypaw attaced him. I don't think he left because he couldn't resist...well maybe, it depands told him on how you put it, something inside him to go. he neaded to. Hope I helped!

P.S. Warriors is the BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!

Graystripe16(Back...again) Hello guys i am Graystripe16 but you can call me Gray or Graystripe. But if you want my opinion here it is:

I think rusty left his home, not because of dreams or cats pushing him, i think it was because he knew that there was something else out there besides a pampered kittypet life. I think he felt as if he knew that the life of a warrior was more than hunting and killing, it was about loyalty and friendship. He believed that he was meant to be more than he was as a kittypet and that forest life was calling him. The dreams and his encounter with graypaw,bluestar, and lionheart just proved to him that he should go. At times he may have regretted it but then something would come along and remind him why he was a warrior. He is being what he was meant to be and he knows it.

« previous 1 3