Start by marking “Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)

Into the Wild

(Warriors #1)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  75,241 ratings  ·  6,016 reviews
For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and the sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying-- and some deaths are more mysterious than others. In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary house cat named Rusty . . ...more
Published January 6th 2004 by HarperTrophy (first published January 9th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Wild, please sign up.
Kimberly Not at all. There's no such thing as "girl books" or "boy books." If you like it, read it.
Catrina There are six books in each little series, you should read the books starting from the original series, then new prophecy, power of three, omen of the…moreThere are six books in each little series, you should read the books starting from the original series, then new prophecy, power of three, omen of the stars, and dawn of the clans. As advise from my own mistake, do not read cats of the clans until you've finished pretty much all of them. :) I got so many spoilers.(less)

·  75,241 ratings  ·  6,016 reviews

Start your review of Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)
Dominique
Sep 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cat and Adventure lovers!
I wish there was a higher rating, beacuse this is the BEST series in the world!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like this one,then read the following in order.(It is important to read them in order,or you will miss important parts of the story.)

1.WARRIORS

Book three- Dawn
Book four- Starlig
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat lovers of all ages
Recommended to Kat (Lost in Neverland) by: Good ol' mum
Best book and series in the world.

description
Vanessa J.
Edit (February 23, 2016):

Okay, I'm DONE with this review. I'm disabling the notifications, so if someone comments in it, I'm not gonna now. The level of trolls it has gotten has reached levels I cannot stand anymore. Of course, there are reviews with more trolls, but this is as much as I can endure.

And for you, ignorants who can't accept other people's opinions (better known as "trolls"), why don't you go read one of the many thousands of 5 star reviews instead of coming to criticize an opinion
Audrey (Ravenstar)
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER!!

(Comment below if you would like to join ThunderClan)
(UPDATE: If you want to join, please send a friend request so we can be friends and you can see my comments. This is ESPECIALLY for Kindle users because you won't be able to see when I reply to you!!)

You silently walk through the forest, alone and scared. You are hungry and tired and are in need of shelter. Suddenly, you come across a young, tortoiseshell cat.

"Hello!" she meows. "I'm Ravenstar."
You nod in acknowledgment.
"Le
Kim
May 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Jeff
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Guess what peeps?? ;)
This was my first YA series that I read!!!

Yah, yah, maybe it was something else but my poor memory remembers this one as a CRAZY FRICKING AWESOME SERIES.

So yes, I was a little tiny 5th grader who read in the back corner of the classroom who politely answered teacher's questions.
But when this gorgeous thing came up in my face, I was like...0_0
Wha??
.............

AND BAM.

*FALLS DEAD IN LOVE IN THE BACK OF A 5TH GRADE CLASSROOM*

This book has action, has great characters, and gu
Anna-Marie
Nov 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is about a house cat who is tired of being a house cat and wants to go into the wild. Then he mets a kitten from a 'clan' and goes with him into the forest and mets the rest of the Thunderclan. This book sounds boring, but really, it is a great book. The author is very descriptive and makes it all very interesting. There a four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan and Shadowclan. The whole series, and there are a lot of them, is about the four clans fighting to stay alive and also t ...more
Elle (ellexamines)
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids and preteens
These books are written terribly but they've actually got pretty developed characters and they basically made me fall in love with reading in third grade or whatever? so. four stars.

I actually want to talk about why these stupid books made me fall in love with reading, because they truly influenced me so much. I think the best thing about this series is the developed character work. This is a series that has defined characters who you can root for or dislike, which is awesome. I actually think t
Kater Cheek
May 16, 2010 rated it did not like it
My kids adore these novels, so I knew it was only a matter of time before I had to read them too. I figured I'd like them. After all, I like middle grade and YA fiction, and cats are cool, and Watership Down was one of my favorite novels of all time. So how could a book about warrior housecats go wrong?

If you're one of those people that hate cilantro, than any salsa with cilantro in it is going to hit your "ick, soapy" button and displease you. This novel hit a lot of my ick buttons. For one, it
Justine
May 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF 28%

I thought this was really bad. Right up there with The Magic Tree House and the Rainbow Fairies in terms of quality. That said, those books have their fans, just like these do, so you might like it, but I didn't. My kids loved it for the first few chapters and then quickly got bored and never wanted to finish it.
Peacegal
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
I wanted to give the Warriors books the old college try, seeing as I love both cats and animal stories. I had seen how wildly popular they are among the YA readers in my library, and I do enjoy well-written YA novels. But this one turned out to be more of a furball than a saucer of milk.

Perhaps if I were fifteen years younger, I’d be devouring the Warriors books. But by now, the story contained in Into the Wild seemed trite and contrived; a watered-down version of a hundred other animal adventu
Angela
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals
This review is by Pippi, guest reviewer, age 1 and a half; tabby cat.

This is a book about cats who live in the wild and they catch mice and eat them and they fight. There are four colonies of cats and one of them is mean and steals the other colonies food.

At first I thought this book was hard to read because even though it's written in English they try to translate cat words into English so it's hard to follow at first until you get used to the cat words.

At the beginning of the story Rusty is a
thepessimisticreader
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I know this is a children's book but I absolutely loved it, though a fair amount of nostalgia may have gone into that decision. This is like Game of Thrones for children, but with cats! How could it get any better? Tigerclaw is the cat-version of Iago, and I'm in love.
Grace Tjan
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jess-shelf, 2014
This is my daughter Jess' review. Jess is 11.

This review won the Ultimate Book Reviewer Award given by her school's Language Arts teacher.

Do you ever wonder what your pet cat thinks about? Fantasy author Erin Hunter brings you this spine-tingling, action-packed, fantasy adventure novel about wild cats. Explore and experience the land from the eyes of Rusty, a common house cat that dreams about the forest and all its wonders.

One fateful day, Rusty finds himself walking towards Thunderclan camp,
Savita
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite series!!! I have almost all of them, and read them over and over and over and over!!! Great story to learn about the true meaning of following your heart, loyalty, and friendship.
Manybooks
Although I most certainly and definitely am NOT someone who in fact does not appreciate cats, and yes, I actually even quite like them as pets, as companion animals, I am also someone who has for very many years rather majorly and STRONGLY believed that most if not even perhaps all domestic felines should generally be kept inside (and as such not be allowed to freely roam around), and that therefore, feral cats in particular often are (and especially for smaller songbirds) a nuisance at best and ...more
Emma
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrns
I am a cat lover but this book wasn’t really ‘*my thing*.
Riley Redgate
lol i was reminiscing about these and decided to revisit them and i firmly stand by my childhood decision to read absolutely all of them; they are truly addictive
Briar's Reviews
Back in my youth, ALL of the popular kids (and I mean all, geez Louise) loved this book. It was always unavailable at all of the libraries in town so I never got the chance to pick this up. Then one day as an adult, I walk into a charity book shop and see this book sitting there. I think to myself, why not? Why not read this book and see if it was worth the hype?

Unfortunately, it wasn't for me. Which, to be honest, isn't too surprising since I haven't liked any of the books the "popular kids" l
Daniel
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a nice change of pace to go from books about world domination, destruction and lots of deaths and suffering to something much more relaxing and laid back. And though i admit it was a bit weird to read about clans of cats fighting, talking, having vision it was quite fun. Also being a big fan of Jack London in my younger days helped quite a bit.

The story is nicely written, the pacing is also quite right and the story moves at a nice clip never being boring.

So dig right and ignore the mouse
Malcolm
Jun 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat and Adventure Lovers alike
Emily
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I don't usually read books aimed at the tween age crowd, but I remember my brother telling me my niece loves this series. If this had been out when I was a kid, I would have been crazy about it too. Even at age 41, I really enjoyed it. I thought the premise of the book was really cute, the story was fast paced and interesting. I've been calling my cats "kitty-pets" all week. There's a bazillion of these books in the series, I don't know that I'll read all of them, but I'll definitely tackle the ...more
haley
This review is for the all of the Warriors books (not New Prophecy or Power of Three or Omen of the Stars- just the first and original subseries)

These books were amazing. Nowadays it is very hard for me to find a book that I absolutely love. The Warriors series was able to hook me and bring me into the story. These books are about a housecat named Rusty who joins one of the four warrior clans living in the forest, Thunderclan. He makes some new friends, but is faced with a lot of prejudice beca
Stormy Summer
Jun 09, 2018 added it
Recommended to Stormy Summer by: books chaLLENGE
Warriors rp!!!!
Comment below if you would like to join skyclan

Leader: name/ tom/ color/ user/ ( if has) apprentice/ mates of Redwhisker
Deputy: name: flowerheart/ white and golden/amber101( amberleaf)/ apprentice: ravenpaw/ she-cat/ mate of Shatteredheart
Warriors:
Shatteredheart/ tom/ silver/ Amy/ apprentice: smokepaw/ mate of flowerheart.
Rosestrike/ she-cat/ golden/ Amy.
Name/ gender/ color/ user/ ( if has): apprentice.( Mate if have)
...
Queens:
Redwhisker/ she-cat/ dark red/ Amy/ mate of leader( w
Kate
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cat-books, favorites
This is the book that started it all for me. I've always loved reading, but this is one of the first books I can really remember absolutely devouring. I believe the series isn't what it used to be so many books, mangas, and novellas but this first arc and the journey we go on with Fireheart will always remain one of my favorites. I've read it countless times and never get tired of it.

This book is the very first in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. In a forest four clans of wild cats live in c
Adam Crossley
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Are you a cat or a dog person?

If you answered cat, this book is for you!

It follows the adventures of a house cat who escapes into the woods and joins a tribe a fierce wild cats who regularly engage in battles for more hunting territory.

The plot has a lot about nobility and it is easy to see parallels between this story and classic stories of knights and squires such as The Knights of the Round Table.

As an English teacher, I have several students who love this book and the entire series it is
Deborah Pickstone
I really do like anthropomorphic fiction, probably set in place by that classic The Wind in the Willows which I have read so many times I could probably quote it cover to cover. Ahem! So much for not liking Fantasy, huh? I enjoyed this though I was irritated by the animals 'mewing' etc instead of just speaking. I will read more of the series. ...more
Elizabeth Dragina
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this simple yet adventurous series. Here's to getting through the entire thing this time cuz I'm in the mood for light reading and even lighter reviewing. ;)

The plot is so fun. 💞
Jules ✨
Watch me getting obsessed about these warrior cats and binging this series as quick as possible.
Maia Sitter
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
READERS GUIDE: HOW TO READ THE WARRIORS BOOKS
This isn't a review for the novel, but instead a guide of how to read the books. If you or your child are considering these books, please read this. There are multiple books and the order to read them in can be confusing. I have read many of the books multiple times and thought that I would create a reader's guide for how to read the Warriors books. This is not the only way to read the books, but the way that I personally believe to be the best. I am
Trying to Create Clans 15 18 Aug 21, 2020 03:34PM
What should Ravenpaw's wrrior name be? 45 73 Aug 17, 2020 12:30PM
Good Warrior Halloween Name? 61 48 Aug 15, 2020 03:33PM
Good Warrior Christmas Name? 22 23 Aug 15, 2020 03:30PM
Create a Clan 37 40 Aug 15, 2020 04:42AM
Kits 2 12 Aug 14, 2020 01:39PM
Last one to post is a winner! 359 71 Aug 14, 2020 01:19PM

• La Guerre des Clans - Tome 2 a Feu et a Sang - Volume 02
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • Lone Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #1)
  • Wings of Fire Boxset: Books #6-10
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3)
  • Darkstalker (Wings of Fire: Legends, #1)
  • The Dark Secret (Wings of Fire, #4)
  • The Taken (Foxcraft, #1)
  • Wild Born (Spirit Animals, #1)
  • The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1)
  • The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5)
  • Moon Rising (Wings of Fire #6)
  • Talons of Power (Wings of Fire, #9)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Escaping Peril (Wings of Fire, #8)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors (6 books)
  • Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2)
  • Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3)
  • Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)
  • A Dangerous Path (Warriors, #5)
  • The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6)