Nefertiti Nefertiti discussion

to read

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new) - added it

Deb i am fascinated by ancient egypt!! i read the first chapter as a teaser. seems really well done. i really can't wait to read it!

Karen I just finished this book. Really enjoyed it. Good blend of history and some fictitious events. Could hardly put it down as I am not that familiar with Egyptian history . . . although, of course, Queen Nefertiti is very well known.

Debbie It's good! I'd recommend to anyone who likes Egyptian historical fiction.

Tina Michelle I loved this book, and its sequel The Heretic Queen. Cleopatras Daughter is a good read as well.

Kayla I liked it, though did like the The Hertic Queen, better.

Rebecca I liked Heretic Queen better to but I think that might have been b/c Nefertiti was written from her sisters point of view. ANd also Nefertiti was her first novel

Kayla Rebecca wrote: "I liked Heretic Queen better to but I think that might have been b/c Nefertiti was written from her sisters point of view. ANd also Nefertiti was her first novel"

True, You're probably right. I liked Nefertari as a character better. It also helped that at least Nefertari's story ended happily for the most part, where Mutny's story had tragic conclusion (though Munty's life wasn't that great either).

Rebecca I agree. You should read Cleopatra's Daughter by the same author. I finished it in a day it was soo good

Kayla I just finished it!!! I loved it(though not as much as The Hertic Queen).
To me it's one thing that history got right. Even though Cleopatra had a hard life at least her daughter got a happy ending.

Rebecca I liked it more than the Heretic Queen. I cried when Alexander died. I like how the novel is acuate to what happened

message 11: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather T Ahh! Spoiler! =)

Kayla I know!!1! Why do they always kill off the siblings?

Rebecca lol sorry

I know it was so sad I loved her brother

message 14: by Kayla (last edited Aug 14, 2011 10:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kayla He was my favorite character!!! Well, I guess all good thing come to an end. Speaking of the author, has anyone read her recent book Madame Tussaud? I don't if I should read it.....though I do love Michelle Moran, the author.

Tina Michelle Kayla, I've seen it but haven't got the $ just now. I'm going to read it tho, since I picked up Nefertiti on a whim and loved it so much. I may do what I had to do for The Heretic Queen. Couldn't afford that when it came out, and I read really fast, so down to the book store I went, found a chair, and read the thing in a couple hours sitting there!!

Karen I purchased Nefertiti on Amazon, but plan to read the other three by checking out at my local library. A real money saver for me!

Rebecca I hate in when the library doesnt get a book in till months after it comes out though

Karen I agree. However, our local library is in a coop. They will send to another county to obtain the book for you. Then you return it locally and they take care of the return. Great system!

Rebecca Its like that here too but I still dont like waiting

message 20: by Kayla (last edited Aug 15, 2011 10:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kayla I know!!! I have kindle but, it costs so much to buy even kindle books that I'm regular at the library!! Thank goodness we've a good system!
But they still only buy new books when they're really popular,so it's a bit frustrating...

Catherine Oughtibridge I prefered this to the Heretic Queen, although I've read both quite a number of times. Cleopatra's Daughter is on my list of books that I'd love to buy, but I can't justify another book until I've read all the ones I've got.

message 22: by Karen (last edited Oct 28, 2011 12:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen I am reading Madame Tussaud right now. Enjoying it tremendously and learning a lot about the French revolution. Michelle Moran is such a good writer. I love a story with lots of history behind it.

Hannah Kayla, if you like Michelle Moran's other books, I'm pretty sure you'll LOVE Madame Tussaud. It's really well written and has all of that beautiful detail that I love about her books. Check it out, I read it and loved it! Cleopatra's Daughter remains my favorite book EVER, though. Poor Alexander and little Ptolemy... :'(

Hannah I can't wait for the new book! I've got my reminders all set, and I'll try my best to get a copy that day!

message 25: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. Hannah, I must agree with you.
I am finishing Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran. It is one of the best historical fiction books I've read.

I've read The Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's Court, and it was very good. Though it doesn't compare to Madame Tussaud.

After reading this thread, Ive decided I will read The Heretic Queen next. (I was trying to decide between Nefertiti and the Heretic Queen.)

Michelle Moran is becoming a favorite author of mine. :)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Is The Heretic Queen very different from Nefertiti??? I loved Nefertiti.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to read Madame Tussaud.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't live in a town without libraries or a library.

Hannah Hattie,

I've read and enjoyed all of Michelle Moran's books. She is my favorite author, after all! The Heretic Queen isn't much different than Nefertiti, in the way of culture and customs, but the circumstances are quite diferent. Nefertari is prejudiced because of a misunderstanding about her aunt, and the story is written in the point of view of the central character (while Nefertiti was written in the POV of the queen's sister, Mutnodjmet). But, if you loved Nefertiti, I'm sure that you will enjoy The Heretic Queen.

message 30: by Leah (new)

Leah Oh yeah Nefertiti! Not to be confused with Nefertari. Nefertiti was like the most gorgeous women alive. All the Egyptian kings would be like "whoaaaa shes pretty" And she would be like "back off peasants"

Karen Hannah, I totally agree with you. Michelle Moran is one of my favorite authors also. I have read all of her books and I'm now waiting for the next one . . .

Hannah Karen,

Can you believe that we have to wait until 2014 to read the next Michelle Moran novel? I am positively dying to read more!

Hannah Leah,

Oh my gosh! "Back off, peasants!" That's too funny! I agree with you, Nefertiti is extremely fascinating.

Karen Hannah, Too long to wait!! Do you have any idea what the next book will be about?

message 35: by Deborah (last edited Jan 23, 2013 11:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deborah I enjoyed this book. I liked all the Michelle Moran books I've read. (They are also easy reads, all in one sitting)

Madhulagna Loved this book. I want to go to Egypt more than ever after reading this one.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Nefertiti (other topics)
Cleopatra's Daughter (other topics)
Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution (other topics)
The Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's Court (other topics)
The Heretic Queen (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michelle Moran (other topics)